Photo

Wedding Reception Ideas for 30 People?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dallasbird

dallasbird
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hi and thanks in advance for any assistance! I am getting married Oct. 15th at Aventura Spa Palace. We are having 30 people. I want a really fun wedding reception party that evening but am afraid we are too small a wedding party for a DJ? Thoughts? Also, any other ideas that would be fun for a group of 30 for wedding reception? I thought a boatride party like Carribean Carnival would be fun but they don't run that on Saturdays (only the pirate one).

Thank you!

Kim

#2 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
    • 355 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:57 AM

We have roughly 25 people including us, and we are doing a reception. Small or big - I want a beach party...so we're going for it.

#3 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

We have just over 30 people and are still going for a real reception!!!!! 

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,074 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

I've only shot one wedding at the Aventura Spa Resort. Im not sure if they have changed their resort policy yet, but we were told they did not allow any outside vendors but allowed us on the one time.

I have gone on a rented catamaran with a small group for the wedding. You have to remember that this will take up a fair chunk of time to get everybody organized, transported to the boat, tour and back again... so this may be something to think about.

While this is a great idea to gather everybody for an adventure... my only suggestion would be to organize it on a different day than your wedding. Take your wedding day in as it unfolds and enjoy every minute of it. Don't try and do too much. There is already enough going on that you need some time to even relax... especially on your wedding day. Even if its for 20 minutes. Everybody always loves the cocktail hour! That is my only advice.

Here is a link to the Aventura Spa Wedding I shot over a year ago: adventura-spa-palace-2.jpg

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#5 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
          • 677 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Kim- I got married almost 2 months ago and had 36 people (including B&G) and let me tell you, we PARTIED!!! my reception was sooo much fun. We hired DJ Doremixx and he kept the party going! so believe me, if you have a partying crowd, then you can have the best reception ever no matter if it's 10 people or 100! good luck! =)

Originally Posted by dallasbird 

Hi and thanks in advance for any assistance! I am getting married Oct. 15th at Aventura Spa Palace. We are having 30 people. I want a really fun wedding reception party that evening but am afraid we are too small a wedding party for a DJ? Thoughts? Also, any other ideas that would be fun for a group of 30 for wedding reception? I thought a boatride party like Carribean Carnival would be fun but they don't run that on Saturdays (only the pirate one).

Thank you!

Kim

#6 Txgirl001

Txgirl001
            • 43 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

hey ladies! well I'm in the same boat, I have about 30 guests but atleast 10  are kids:( not sure what to do after the reception. any suggestions?

#7 debrox

debrox
              • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

what a relief to hear that people still partied it up! We have 45 people coming, and we are just going  to play the ipod. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users