They look amazing! Now can you give me some advice on how to make them?! I have been looking everywhere and trying to find videos but I am having no luck!! Thanks! :)

Originally Posted by kkimi88 View Post

My latest addition and my favourite version by far... 

324725_10100141926680205_61413913_51113929_1183258_o.jpg330010_10100141926330905_61413913_51113928_7603089_o.jpg337252_10100141930492565_61413913_51114013_148765_o.jpg

Nice work! I love the new version.  i got busy making 4 pairs of these as well for my bridesmaids and me on the weekend.  I will post a pic when I am at home. 

In terms of how to make them, there are a couple of techniques you could use.  I used stretchy clear jewellery cord that I got at dollarama, beads and stones purchased from a local bead store.  I measured the size of the stretchy cord by actually wrapping it around my toe and foot, plus an extra few inches for tying it off.  you could also use a non stretchy cording but then you would have to include a clasp in the back and that was too complicated for me!

I started with the toe loop, added about 30-33 seed beads and then tied a knot, then I threaded the beads in the pattern I wanted to go over the top of my foot (measuring it on my actual foot as I went along).  For the part around the ankle, I marked where to connect the ankle loop to the foot straight part with a knot and then used enough beads to go around my ankle.  Then tied another knot to create a loop and cut off the extra cord!

Then I adjusted a few beads up or down depending on my brides maids shoe sizes, and keep in mind that with stretchy cord you have a little more flexibility!  There is also a vendor on here that makes them customized for you, if you are not crafty!  search for Chelsea Red-i.  I really wanted to give my girls something made by me that they could enjoy on their future beach vacations!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
    • I think you should approach the dentist. That would be the best idea as of now. 
  • Topics