Jump to content

Photo

Post your centerpieces here


  • Please log in to reply
1365 replies to this topic

#751 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
  • Jr. Member
  • 283 posts

    Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

    Perhaps something like this?! Just thought I'd share... It's from my "dinner/reception" location. Love at first sight for me, no LED's though...   

     



    Not sure what they are made of but I got them from Michaels.  They are very sparkly.

     

    I have actually changed my centerpieces and I am going with orchids in water and a turquoise LED light.
     



     



     



    #752 torilynnsmith

    torilynnsmith
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,748 posts

      Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:10 PM


      Oh I am so glad you like them!!!! They will be on long tables with some votives or tea lights surrounding and all down the length of the table.  This is a semi-private dinner in an open air restaurant.

       

      The second location is a beachside reception on the terrace.  These will be round tables.  I was thinking of using the bouquets for this but don't want to have to bring DOUBLE the vases..... I think I may just go for a single candle and shell scattering on the tables for this.  This is the dance portion of the night so maybe I will use my mirrors there and not at dinner or something..

       

      I also love the shells on top, thats why I first got it and think it works well!

       

      Ps you are totally not rambling you are a HUGE help!

      Originally Posted by Starfish0512 

      Love. Exactly what I was picturing from your description.  I too like the stone but agree it's not light enough. I am thinking along your lines of sand in the bottom and a few shells on top, will be perfect!  Will you be surrounding with votives?  The height makes a statement for sure but they are still "soft" if you will... 

       

      As for moving them after dinner... if you have a WC that you can trust to move these without disrupting you and your guests, go for it.  Are you doing dinner in one room and then dancing and cocktails in another?  What will the tables be like in the other room?  Personally, I'd probably go for something different - opportunity to introduce another element into the mix or if the tables are round, keep it low to the table just for accent.  Could you use your bm bouquets in this setting? Ok... I'm rambiling :)  

       



       


      I do not want to start rumors on the board... but... I just checked the website to try to confirm and they wern't on there. It was a clearance item of sort, straight vase v shaped, I wasn't in there for them so took quick notice and kept on my merry way.  I was hunting for apothecary style vases that of which they definitely do have :) (AHR)  
       



       



       



      Originally Posted by Starfish0512 

      @ TORI

       

      I just saw the shells atop the reeds... LOVE them even more! Great job!!!



       



      #753 torilynnsmith

      torilynnsmith
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,748 posts

        Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

        I LOVE the submerged orchids!!!! I think it is so so so beautiful!!!!!! This is what I was really torn about but I didn't think my vases were tall enough!!!!! 



        #754 Starfish0512

        Starfish0512
        • Jr. Member
        • 283 posts

          Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

          "Open Air restaurant"  swoon :)  those will be dynamite!  As for outside, I love that you get to change locations!  Keep it simple, for sure! Sounds perfect, carrying through the shells outside - all about the flow right?! Glad yo don't think I'm rambiling, I just start typing what I'm thinking and I go back and read half finished sentances... silly.

          BTW, thanks for the compliment about the orchids, I have another picture too of green ones with no table linens, they pop in the restaurant as it is all dark mahongany wood.   

          Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


          Oh I am so glad you like them!!!! They will be on long tables with some votives or tea lights surrounding and all down the length of the table.  This is a semi-private dinner in an open air restaurant.

           

          The second location is a beachside reception on the terrace.  These will be round tables.  I was thinking of using the bouquets for this but don't want to have to bring DOUBLE the vases..... I think I may just go for a single candle and shell scattering on the tables for this.  This is the dance portion of the night so maybe I will use my mirrors there and not at dinner or something..

           

          I also love the shells on top, thats why I first got it and think it works well!

           

          Ps you are totally not rambling you are a HUGE help!



           





           



           



          #755 torilynnsmith

          torilynnsmith
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,748 posts

            Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:32 PM


            Oh I love love love the orchid look I think it'll be amazing!!! I have a few inspiration pics I can share with you if you like as I planned on doing green orchids for ours!!

             

            I wish we werent changing locations but it is a nice money saver for us so that allows our OOT bags to be better HAHA

            Originally Posted by Starfish0512 

            "Open Air restaurant"  swoon :)  those will be dynamite!  As for outside, I love that you get to change locations!  Keep it simple, for sure! Sounds perfect, carrying through the shells outside - all about the flow right?! Glad yo don't think I'm rambiling, I just start typing what I'm thinking and I go back and read half finished sentances... silly.

            BTW, thanks for the compliment about the orchids, I have another picture too of green ones with no table linens, they pop in the restaurant as it is all dark mahongany wood.   



             



             



            #756 torilynnsmith

            torilynnsmith
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,748 posts

              Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

              Sorry to be taking over this thread tonight, just wanted to share a picture of our dinner spot so you can see where our Centrepieces will go

               

              Dinner Spot.jpg

               

              And our reception spot -we wont be doing chair sashes I don't think.... how much do I love those centrepieces though.... tempting!!!!!!!!

               

              wetbar reception spot.jpg



              #757 Sllefebvr

              Sllefebvr
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,008 posts

                Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

                Tori are those napkins in the first picture?!? It is SO different?
                 

                Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

                Sorry to be taking over this thread tonight, just wanted to share a picture of our dinner spot so you can see where our Centrepieces will go

                 

                Dinner Spot.jpg

                 

                And our reception spot -we wont be doing chair sashes I don't think.... how much do I love those centrepieces though.... tempting!!!!!!!!

                 

                wetbar reception spot.jpg



                 



                #758 torilynnsmith

                torilynnsmith
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,748 posts

                  Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

                  I think they are.... we will NOT be having our napkins like that lol  This is just a picture I stole from another bride lol it is the basic set up which I liked.  We will have our tall centrepieces and just the white linens! not so cluttered!



                  #759 Sllefebvr

                  Sllefebvr
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,008 posts

                    Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

                    I prefer the basic look also!!
                     

                    Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

                    I think they are.... we will NOT be having our napkins like that lol  This is just a picture I stole from another bride lol it is the basic set up which I liked.  We will have our tall centrepieces and just the white linens! not so cluttered!



                     



                    #760 Starfish0512

                    Starfish0512
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 283 posts

                      Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:45 AM

                      Ooooh!!!! Those are going to look awesome in there!!!  Clean and definitely not cluttered (I hate clutter, part of my type A i think)... Nicely done! As for the callas below... oh so gorgeous but is the $$ worth it?! I really think the focus for your dinner centerpieces is key because people will be sitting and conversing while eating.  Outside, I would hope people will be up and dancing!!!

                       

                      Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

                      Sorry to be taking over this thread tonight, just wanted to share a picture of our dinner spot so you can see where our Centrepieces will go

                       

                      Dinner Spot.jpg

                       

                      And our reception spot -we wont be doing chair sashes I don't think.... how much do I love those centrepieces though.... tempting!!!!!!!!

                       

                      wetbar reception spot.jpg



                      I do have a few pictures of submerged orchids this green one below is also from my dinner location, i referred to it before about the color popping...  Right with you on simple but makes a bold statement if you will.  I would love to see more if you have them!!! Thanks so much!

                       

                      amber6.jpg

                       






                      4 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users