• Please log in to reply
1363 replies to this topic

#721 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
  • Banned
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

Marlena -

I am not sure what kind of centerpieces you are looking at, so it is hard to say if that is a reasonable price.  But here is a picture (a selection from the resort's handouts) of the centerpiece I want and the price in their list is $68 + 11% tax = $75.50. 

ladies....

i just got some quotes from Tai Flora in Jamaica for centerpieces, and I anticipated about 75 dollars (as the top end) and am I ever wrong! They started at 79 and up (US dollars plus tax) Can I ask what others are paying for their centerpieces ? I just don't want to haul a bunch of stuff down there (ie floating candles or something) if i have 8 tables ($80 per table x 8 = 640 for a 3 hour reception?)  I'm torn....seems like a lot of money to me.

#722 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
    • Site Supporter
    • 196 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

I love this idea! Where did you get the illuminating covers for your candles and the placemats? 

Originally Posted by Lindy S 

You tablescape is very pretty!!!! Great job :)

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

i saw some awesome lanterns at michaels but the whole transport issue is a real hinderance..now, if i was doing an AHR..these would be a DEFINITE..but that's a no go...so...i'm not doing 'centerpieces' per se...i'm doing what i like to call, a tablescape...here's a peak.

table mockup V.JPG

table mockup IV.JPG

until next time, happy planning!!!

R~

#723 anichols8

anichols8
      • 232 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

I have no idea what I want to do for centerpieces yet other than I know I want sliced lemons in the bottom!

#724 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
        • 328 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

Here are our centerpieces. It's a non-pro pic, hence the brightness. I modeled it after Object Splendor's "Beach Chic" centerpiece. It's comprised of turquoise sea fans (coral), white peonies, and a nautilus-shaped vase. Surrounding it were four turquoise and gold lotus-shaped votive holders.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
          Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#725 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

Beautiful!! 

I also love the color of your napkins.  Where did u get them from?  Its so hard to find the right color of turquoise.

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus 

Here are our centerpieces. It's a non-pro pic, hence the brightness. I modeled it after Object Splendor's "Beach Chic" centerpiece. It's comprised of turquoise sea fans (coral), white peonies, and a nautilus-shaped vase. Surrounding it were four turquoise and gold lotus-shaped votive holders.

#726 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
            • 328 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

Thanks I sent you a PM :)

Attached Files

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
              Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#727 redginger

redginger
              • 360 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

I think Tai Flora tends to be more expensive and I personally wouldn't want to pay that much for centerpieces. Have you contacted Jan's Flowers or Floral Fantasy?

ladies....

i just got some quotes from Tai Flora in Jamaica for centerpieces, and I anticipated about 75 dollars (as the top end) and am I ever wrong! They started at 79 and up (US dollars plus tax) Can I ask what others are paying for their centerpieces ? I just don't want to haul a bunch of stuff down there (ie floating candles or something) if i have 8 tables ($80 per table x 8 = 640 for a 3 hour reception?)  I'm torn....seems like a lot of money to me.

#728 babestaaa

babestaaa
                • 212 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

gold-wedding-reception-tablescapes-dinner-party1.jpg

Centerpieces like that but different shades of red (freedom, black magic, bacarra)

cen126lgpetalsgalore1.jpg

#729 babestaaa

babestaaa
                  • 212 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

More inspiration pictures.

17_redrose_silv_centerpiece.jpg

2120870_1.jpgdec2010 011.jpgdifferentlevels.jpgfloral.jpg

#730 steph2011

steph2011
                    • 82 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

Babestaaa,

Your inspiration photos are great.  What are your wedding colors?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users