#431 vgirl17

vgirl17
  • 315 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationVacaville, CA

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by TheFutureWagners 

Vgirl- If you don't mind me asking, how much did Deco Cancun charge you to make each centerpiece? I have kind of a specific idea in mind and I'm looking for a way to execute it.

They gave me a fantastic price.  I don't know if it was because I was already getting lounge furniture and a lantern structure from them but they only charged me $63 (or something like that) for each centerpiece!  I thought it was well worth it!  I'm sure if you send them a picture of what you want done they can give you an estimate.

#432 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
  • Banned
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

No way! That is a great price!!! Mine is even more simple so I'm sure they would give a pretty good price for it. That is awesome, thank you! And they were easy to work with?

#433 vgirl17

vgirl17
    • 315 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
    • LocationVacaville, CA

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by TheFutureWagners 

No way! That is a great price!!! Mine is even more simple so I'm sure they would give a pretty good price for it. That is awesome, thank you! And they were easy to work with?

Yes, they were VERY easy to work with.  I just told them what I wanted, they gave me a quote, I approved, they worked everything else out with my wedding coordinator.  Done.

#434 Princess402

Princess402
    • 737 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by vgirl17 

Thanks!  I actually bought the LED lights off of eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/...DefaultDomain_0 .  They are actually really cheap but made a huge impact on the tables :)

I LOVE!!! Did you just use one light per centerpiece?

#435 lshaef

lshaef
      • 170 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by carolina24 

the resorts can do anything you want!! i've seen beautiful centerpieces, the problem for us was budget. 

the centerpieces that i posted would be around $60 per table at Dreams.  By buying things here, I ended up spending $20 per table!! my WC quoted the gazebo decor at around $200, got everything here for $70!! and the chair sashes are $4 EACH at the resort, they are $1.19 online, and it goes on and on...just a thought

But if you are bringing all of these things yourself, who is responsible for setting them up and taking them away?  Is the resort charging you a fee for everything you bring and they need to do?

#436 carolina24

carolina24
        • 1,573 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by lshaef 

But if you are bringing all of these things yourself, who is responsible for setting them up and taking them away?  Is the resort charging you a fee for everything you bring and they need to do?

No, my resort (Dreams Cancun) doesn't charge for any set up.  You give everything to your WC during your initial meeting and they take care it.  I'm taking pics of how I want things set up so that we can have a visual...plus we have enough people going so that we can spread everything out b/t us and we won't get charged any overweight fees at the airport.

it was worth it for us b/c we wanted to spend that extra money on things like photography and changing resorts for the HM.  it just depends on how you want to divide your budget :)

#437 Teira1031

Teira1031
          • 766 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:57 AM

This is my centerpiece inspiration! i want this setup on every table but without the green orchids and the orchids on the table, just trying to figure out how im going to work that into my budget

... does anybody know what type of flower the pink ones are?

bevfabriccrafts_2053_202931566.jpg

#438 lisadias

lisadias
            • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:26 AM

Very nice! They may be chrysanthemums.

#439 Teira1031

Teira1031
              • 766 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

I just googled a picture of Chrysanthemums and you are right! Thanks for the help :)

#440 lisadias

lisadias
                • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

No problem! Glad I could help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users