Photo

Post your centerpieces here

• Please log in to reply
1364 replies to this topic

#201 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:17 AM

I didn't get a chance to set an entire table and take pics of the centerpiece with candles and linens, but I was so excited to finish the main centerpiece and share with all of you- so please excuse the dark pic and use your imagination! :)
    Click the image to open in full size.

#202 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
    • 315 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:12 AM

these are great! thanks for sharing ladies! i havent even started thinking of centepieces yet!

i'm contemplating on either getting them at the resort or bringing them/back with me.

#203 mrsbancroft2be

mrsbancroft2be
      • 111 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:23 AM

Here is a centerpiece I put together. I would love it if someone had any advice on how to make it better. Our colors are pink and orange.

#204 rdhbride

rdhbride
        • 313 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

i was thinking pink and orange also:) good choice:)

#205 Kits55

Kits55
          • 607 posts
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
          • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:37 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mrsbancroft2be

Here is a centerpiece I put together. I would love it if someone had any advice on how to make it better. Our colors are pink and orange.
          I think it depends on the "look" that you are going for. If you're going for a more formal or sophisticated look I'd maybe try black accents in there somewhere. Maybe a small black tray or black glass pebble things.

If you're looking for a color to make it "pop" then I'd say maybe something blue, green, or blue-green. On an artist's "color wheel" those are the colors that complement orange and red. So even though it sounds weird supposedly they go together. So maybe some small accents in complementary colors would give it the slight separation of color you're looking for.

#206 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
          • 687 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:18 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DallasAshli
            Here is my centerpiece (I'm so excited!). I used:

Round, baby blue (almost aqua) placemat from World Market/Cost Plus
            Square 5x5 inch vase
            Green sea glass
            Limes (abundant in Mexico)
            Lillies (fresh at the wedding)

I thought about putting a lime green ribbon around the vase, but decided against it. What do you think? I would love to hear your honest opinion!

I love your centerpieces. I'm thinking of doing something similar!!
            Photography by Tamm's Photos
            http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#207 SBlake

SBlake
            • 150 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

We're using starfish as our place card holder by tying a tag with the names on one side and the table name on the other. We're alternating pink and orange riboon. Then we're sticking them in a shallow metal container filled with sand. Maybe give the luggage tags as a gift at the tables.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by S2BLennon
              So far my idea for centerpiece for DW is to use these 8" strafrish in the center of the table with possibly fishnetting under and some votives around. Simple but elegant. I think that flowers will overwhelm it? What do you think?

my other thought was to have the 2" starfish as placedard holders aka favors, placing the placecards on the top of the starfish so that it rests there- the placecards I am thinking of making luggage tags. Too much?

#208 sdtooley

sdtooley
              • 109 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

All of these ideas are wonderful! I am so glad that I found them all. Thank you for the creative ideas.
                I have already bought 5 of these candle holders from ZGallerie and I am planning on using them for some of th tables and using flower arrangements on the other tables. Coquille Pillar Holder

#209 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
                • 358 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

so these are center pieces you are using for you reception but many packages include a centerpiece... what are you going to do with those ... are u using them? I mean if it is included in the package it would be silly not to... what if it doesnt match?

#210 monkey

monkey
                  • 49 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

Everyone's centerpieces are gorgeous! We are kind of going with a turquoise and starfish theme but just got the quote from the hotel for centerpieces - $100 a piece! So, now I am frantically trying to come up with something that is easy to take down in our luggage and fits with our theme. I was wondering where everyone are getting the large starfish from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users