Photo

Post your centerpieces here

• Please log in to reply
1365 replies to this topic

#1241 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Oh your bringing the big ones??? We are just bring the 11" tall ones for 9.99. they are preassembled which is why the transport is a bit trickier. Im worried about the glass breaking.

Im sure just handing them out to friends and family to throw somewhere in the middle of the clothes (to protect it) would work fine. Those big ones are packed fairly well and its all flat so there shouldnt be an issue.

#1242 Billandstina

Billandstina
    • 396 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ya that's why we chose them since we can assemble them and hopefully break them down without wrecking them to bring home after to use for our AHR

#1243 MrsWWhite

MrsWWhite
      • 159 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

You are welcome!! Yes- adding a color def gives it a nice "pop" that I think the decorations need! Esp if you have bright colors as your wedding colors like I did! :)

I absolutely love these branches! They are so elegant

#1244 MrsWWhite

MrsWWhite
        • 159 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

T

Ok ladies- here are my close-ups.  I used 15 strands of raffia and used a folding chair to estimate the desired length.  I had 3 colors so I made 5 strands of each color per decoration.  You can see how I hot glued the cardstock to the back of the starfish for support. Also, the raffia curls much more than this, but again- mine was packed to and from Mexico- so they straighten out a little via travel.   Let me know if you have any other questions! :)  And they really aren't that hard to make- I think two of us made 6 of them in about an hour and a half and we were girl talking the whole time- so you know how that slows things down! :) 

this is such a great idea!

#1245 TFinlay

TFinlay
          • Site Supporter
          • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Does anyone know where I can buy wholesale flowers in Cancun/Playa Del Carmen area? My mother-in-law-to-be is a florist and I would love for her to be able to contribute by making some flower arrangements. Thanks.

#1246 lgerry

lgerry
            • 349 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

How are you bringing yours? I have to bring 5 and I have 1 30" hard case suitcase so I'm really hoping they will be fine in that and not break. Ya I understand about the flowers but luckily my flower shop I'm working with has very reasonable prices compared to alot of quotes I've seen other brides get. It's costing us $200 for the flowers for 8 pails (4 tables) and I'm brining down the pails.... The 99 cent ones from ikea lol. Our head table will just have the two bridesmaids bouquets in glass vases on either side of the lantern.

Hi, just wondering which florist you're dealing with and how you're getting the florist your pails beforehand... we are also doing metal pails with flowers and then candles around and weren't sure how to go about getting flowers from an outside source. :)

#1247 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
            • 861 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

Hi, just wondering which florist you're dealing with and how you're getting the florist your pails beforehand... we are also doing metal pails with flowers and then candles around and weren't sure how to go about getting flowers from an outside source. :)

My wedding is in Jamaica and I am dealing with floral fantasies. I'm not getting the pails to the florist before hand I do believe that they are just bringing the flowers to the resort and assembling them there.

#1248 J0hanna

J0hanna
              • 81 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 3, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Villa Del Arco
              • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

@tkuzma:

What beautiful centerpieces! I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Only because I don't want it to be hard for others to have conversations at the table.

Do the crystal come in different colors?

#1249 lgerry

lgerry
              • 349 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

My wedding is in Jamaica and I am dealing with floral fantasies. I'm not getting the pails to the florist before hand I do believe that they are just bringing the flowers to the resort and assembling them there.

oh you're getting married in Jamaica, sorry... I couldn't see that on the mobile site :) that's a great idea to get them to assemble them at the resort though. We should see if we can find someone in Riviera Maya to do that!

#1250 VanessaBB

VanessaBB
              • 137 posts
              • Wedding Date:December 4, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
              • LocationToronto Canads

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image Started playing around with centre peice ideas got the stuff from Michael's. I haven't decided if I will get centre peices from resort or bring my own...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users