Post your centerpieces here

• Please log in to reply
1363 replies to this topic

#1201 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
  • Site Supporter
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

I have been trying by using local flowers in the milk vases that I bought. I will try with some pink roses and blue hydrangea next week.

Inspiration

#1202 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
    • Site Supporter
    • 132 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Zoe Nguyen 

I have been trying by using local flowers in the milk vases that I bought. I will try with some pink roses and blue hydrangea next week.

Inspiration

Will place besides the vases with these candles

#1203 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
      • Vendor
      • 210 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Zoe Nguyen 

Inspiration

wow really simple but beautiful and elegant!

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#1204 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
        • Site Supporter
        • 132 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

thank you. I'm glad it looks good! 

#1205 heather1214

heather1214
          • 229 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

I found one- these are really easy to make- let me know if you are intersted in making them!

ProcGalleryTrueAspectServlet (params=[sc=0&pa=0.5&sa=0&ry=1066&rx=1600&cr=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0&nocredit=1&py=1066&px=1600&r=0&q=0&cb=16777215&p=1&ps=23&dsbg=221&po=0&g=2.2&bw=0.2&f=0&b=1&ph=65535&si=00409390326720130122023624285.JPG&gc=1&vtype=g] actions=[CachedCanvas (RawOrProxyraw(com.shutterfly.imaging.rendering.imageref.ReferenceManager$Ref@6d91f5d8, 1600) | FitToSize(java.awt.Dimension[width=1600,height=1066], 2) | ScaleRGB(1.0, 1.0, 1.0) | Sharpen(1.2999999523162842) | ShowPrint(java.awt.Dimension[width=1600,height=1066], 221, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0, 0.800000011920929, 0.800000011920929, 0.800000011920929, 0) -> NativeCanvas(2AAAD507D7B0))]) PixSense Recompression: PX_COMP_STD 172.16.17.68 2013/01/29 07:06:59.185

Super cute!! How did you make these?  I was thinking of doing pomanders but this is a very beachy idea!

#1206 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Thanks! they are pretty easy to make- I just bought raffia and used a folding chair to get an idea of how long I wanted them to be- I cut 12-15 pieces of raffia for each one (can't remember exact number- but I can count them to make sure) folded it to make the loop and the tied a piece of ribbon to keep the loop.  Then I put a cotton ball in the starfish (otherwise the inside is hollow) then I superglued a piece of heavy cardstock (cardboard would work too) to the cardstock and then attached another piece of ribbon over it and then hot glued the raffia to the starfish and volia! :) I can PM you pics of close-ups if you don't understand my instructions.  The raffia curls naturally and was very curly and pretty until I had to pack them in my suitcase and then the flattened out on their journey to Mexico- but they still looked good! :) It's way cheaper to make these yourself than to buy them FYI! I have tons of leftover raffia that I can sell if you need yellow, orange or tan raffia! :)

Originally Posted by heather1214 

Super cute!! How did you make these?  I was thinking of doing pomanders but this is a very beachy idea!

#1207 JSLM

JSLM
            • 170 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

love this idea for starfish for the ceremony. Thanks

#1208 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
              • 313 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Thanks! they are pretty easy to make- I just bought raffia and used a folding chair to get an idea of how long I wanted them to be- I cut 12-15 pieces of raffia for each one (can't remember exact number- but I can count them to make sure) folded it to make the loop and the tied a piece of ribbon to keep the loop.  Then I put a cotton ball in the starfish (otherwise the inside is hollow) then I superglued a piece of heavy cardstock (cardboard would work too) to the cardstock and then attached another piece of ribbon over it and then hot glued the raffia to the starfish and volia! :) I can PM you pics of close-ups if you don't understand my instructions.  The raffia curls naturally and was very curly and pretty until I had to pack them in my suitcase and then the flattened out on their journey to Mexico- but they still looked good! :) It's way cheaper to make these yourself than to buy them FYI! I have tons of leftover raffia that I can sell if you need yellow, orange or tan raffia! :)

Can you PM me some close ups!  Or post on here!

#1209 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
                • 593 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

These are just in their preliminary stages. I just started messing around with them. We are having 5 tables plus our sweetheart table. 

Acrylic silver trays- Michael's during Xmas sale- $3 each

Blue & Green peacock votives- Michael's- on sale- $2 each

Silver large votive holder (center) Michael's Xmas sale- $2 each

Peacocks- were a gift from a friend for Christmas for our tree- but I found more on Amazon

LED Lights- $18 for 15

Total per centerpiece- $12- $15

And we are recycling them for our AHR. We are changing the yellow LED to either white lights or blue lights and since we are 4 months out- I will probably change them. We will also add natural beach sand and have the blue seaglass pieces. I only opened one bag, we intend to fill the trays more but I didn't want to open everything.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#1210 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
                  • 455 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
                  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Very pretty!!!!! Are you shipping your decor down, or bringing everything with you?

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

These are just in their preliminary stages. I just started messing around with them. We are having 5 tables plus our sweetheart table. 

Acrylic silver trays- Michael's during Xmas sale- $3 each

Blue & Green peacock votives- Michael's- on sale- $2 each

Silver large votive holder (center) Michael's Xmas sale- $2 each

Peacocks- were a gift from a friend for Christmas for our tree- but I found more on Amazon

LED Lights- $18 for 15

Total per centerpiece- $12- $15

And we are recycling them for our AHR. We are changing the yellow LED to either white lights or blue lights and since we are 4 months out- I will probably change them. We will also add natural beach sand and have the blue seaglass pieces. I only opened one bag, we intend to fill the trays more but I didn't want to open everything.

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users