#1151 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ABCDwedding 

Any ideas for a nice centrepiece that won't take up too much room to bring to destination wedding??

I am doing paper lanterns surrounded by shells, will look something like this

but instead of candles using these paper lanterns

I did not want to bring anything glass so no worries about breakage and I did not want to rent centerpieces because I found them to be way overpriced.

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1152 safety75

safety75
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

good idea! where did you find the paper lanterns?

#1153 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
    • 366 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

I am doing paper lanterns surrounded by shells, will look something like this

but instead of candles using these paper lanterns

I did not want to bring anything glass so no worries about breakage and I did not want to rent centerpieces because I found them to be way overpriced.

I LOVE THIS!  Where did you find this and how much did it cost (if you don't mind sharing)???

#1154 juliboley

juliboley
      • 76 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Our wedding had a Mexican theme, so we used coffee cans (easy to pack because we packed our OOT bag stuff inside of them) and then our WC took the flowers from our Huppah and put them into the cans to make the centerpieces for our reception.  The talavera tiles were coasters that we made as our wedding favors with our wedding date and names on the back (not as easy to pack because they are heavy):

#1155 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
        • 366 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

AMAZING!!!  JUST BEAUTIFUL!!

Originally Posted by juliboley 

Our wedding had a Mexican theme, so we used coffee cans (easy to pack because we packed our OOT bag stuff inside of them) and then our WC took the flowers from our Huppah and put them into the cans to make the centerpieces for our reception.  The talavera tiles were coasters that we made as our wedding favors with our wedding date and names on the back (not as easy to pack because they are heavy):

#1156 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
          • 861 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

These are beautiful! I love the colors!!!!

#1157 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
            • 455 posts
            • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by CourtandMatt 

I LOVE THIS!  Where did you find this and how much did it cost (if you don't mind sharing)???

Originally Posted by safety75 

good idea! where did you find the paper lanterns?

Thanks Ladies!!! I found the paper lanterns on wrapwithus.com they are currently on sale for $9.99, regularly $14.99, for the set of 3 lanterns. They come with a lightbulb also so no need to get votive LEDs. I bought 3 sets of the lanterns. I found pretty lafrge bags of shells at Christmas Tree Shoppe for i think $1, and i just need the charger plates which I saw at the lot less stores for $1 and table runners which I am looking for my color now, its guava, like a deeper coral color.

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1158 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
            • 455 posts
            • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by juliboley 

Very pretty and colorful! Love how you used the coffee can!! too cute!

#1159 tkuzma

tkuzma
            • 418 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

We are doing manzanita tree branches with hanging crystals.  I am getting the branches at the resort, and I've collected/bought all my crystals here in various shapes in sizes. 

My inspiration:

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#1160 qhodoodle

qhodoodle
            • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

My centrepiece will be blue floating orchids in cylindrical vases. I"m not sure how to attach pictures here. :S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users