• Please log in to reply
1365 replies to this topic

#1121 TropicalBride10

TropicalBride10
  • 55 posts
  • Wedding Location:TBD
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

My fiance and I are OBSESSED with branch, lantern, and submerged orchid centerpieces and they look great with our flower choices :)

Tropical outdoor wedding decor blue orchid centerpiecesGlass globes filled with water, silver thread and orchid heads are placed on LED light coasters. Great centerpiece for evening wedding. I love the silver thread.kind of similar to oursGorgeous colorsBranch centerpieces.Manzanita Tree & Blue Dendrobium Orchiddream wedding decor #wedding#Orchids #succulents and #driftwoodwith romantic lanterns!

#1122 lgerry

lgerry
  • 349 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Akumal Bride 

Seeing as our wedding was in Mexico, I decided to make tissue paper flowers for our centerpieces and napkin rings (people ended up wearing the flowers as the night wore on and the tequila flowed). I'm sure I saved some money, but it was pretty time consuming to make the flowers in the months before the wedding. I bought some cheap vases and margarita pitchers at an awesome glass store in Playa Del Carmen, then picked up limes at a local farmers market.

I love these!! I might just have to borrow your idea, these are our wedding colors too!

Liz :)

#1123 Kristina Skvrce

Kristina Skvrce
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Hi all, check out a few photos of fruits inspired centerpieces I did for a wedding back in May this year (it took me about 6 kg of pears for 90 guests). 

(photos from wedding in Dubrovnik Excelsior, Croatia).

#1124 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

here's our table settings. We went simple with the centerpieces - glass vase (rented from the resort), and I brought the rest: votive, sand, shells, starfish, and the glitter wooden shells for a touch of bling.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#1125 chantal09

chantal09
    • 192 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TropicalBride10 

My fiance and I are OBSESSED with branch, lantern, and submerged orchid centerpieces and they look great with our flower choices :)

Tropical outdoor wedding decor blue orchid centerpiecesGlass globes filled with water, silver thread and orchid heads are placed on LED light coasters. Great centerpiece for evening wedding. I love the silver thread.kind of similar to oursGorgeous colorsBranch centerpieces.Manzanita Tree & Blue Dendrobium Orchiddream wedding decor #wedding#Orchids #succulents and #driftwoodwith romantic lanterns!

Gorgeous centerpieces!

#1126 Akumal Bride

Akumal Bride
      • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jenntim311 

Wow!! Beautiful centerpieces!! Was it hard to travel to MX with the tissue paper flowers? How do you make them? They are beautiful!

Good question. I looked at a couple video tutorials online. Just Google Mexican Tissue Paper Flowers and there are lots of instructions. Making the flowers was actually pretty easy, if a bit time consuming. Figuring out how to get them to Mexico was a bit trickier. 

Basically, there are two steps to making the flowers: Cutting them out and assembling them, and fluffing them out. I did the cutting and assembling at home, and was able to carefully pack them up in bundles when they were still flat so the traveled in my luggage. I puffed the flowers up once we were in Mexico. This worked well because we were in Mexico for a week before the wedding and enlisted some friends to help in the fluffing, which took awhile. I'm not sure I'd go the paper flower route if I only had a few days before the wedding, since it takes some time to do a large quantity.I'd rather be hanging by the pool. 

I also brought some floral foam from home to help with arranging the flowers in the vases. They have wire stems, so arranging them was pretty easy. 

One benefit to the paper flowers is that we were able to making matching poof decorations (I don't know what they are really called) with our extra tissue. You can see them hanging here:

#1127 heather1214

heather1214
        • 229 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I've been playing around a bit with the table decor..  We are set on the centerpieces (first picture), and runners, but I'm not sure if I like the Pink napkin in the glass with a white menu card, or vice versa... what are your thoughts ladies?? (and thats obviously NOT our centerpiece in the last 2 pictures, just some vase I had laying around)

#1128 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by heather1214 

I've been playing around a bit with the table decor..  We are set on the centerpieces (first picture), and runners, but I'm not sure if I like the Pink napkin in the glass with a white menu card, or vice versa... what are your thoughts ladies?? (and thats obviously NOT our centerpiece in the last 2 pictures, just some vase I had laying around)

Love the 2nd picture!!!!

Looking good heather1214, congrats!!!!

#1129 acd8809

acd8809
            • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by TropicalBride10 

Hello, TropicalBride10,

Lots of beautiful wedding and centerpeice ideas here!  You are very creative.  I am getting married in May 2013 at OCT in Puerto Morelos, Mexico.  I love, love, love the metal scrollwork candle lanterns in the last photo, and want to work lanterns like that into my wedding centerpieces.  Where did you find these lovely treasures?  I have been combing the Internet without much luck.  I like the first photo with the shiny silver lanterns, too -- wouldn't mind using them, either.  Like you, I am simply obsessed with lanterns in my centerpieces.  Any info you may be able to provide is helful and would be appreciated.  My email is acd8809@yahool.com.

#1130 acd8809

acd8809
              • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Dear Tropical Bride10,

Lots of lovely centerpiece ideas here -- you are very creative!   I am also obsessed with using lanterns in my centerpieces at OCT in May 2013.  love, love, love lanterns and have been combing the Internet for the metal scrollwork lanterns in your last photo with limited success.  Where did you find these lovely treasures?  The shiny silver lanterns in the first photo would work, too.  My email is acd8809@yahoo.com.  Any info you may be able to provide is much appreciated!  Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users