Jump to content
bethtamar

Post your centerpieces here

Recommended Posts

@Tori-

       I like to sand/seashell idea too. The stones are nice, but definitely too dark. I think sand will help with the shells, and it will be a nice anchor if it's windy. What are your colors? My only worry is that I see no color in the centerpieces, but then again, I have no idea what the rest of your accents are, and you don't want to overkill the color scheme.

      I definitely love the votives around it. The height is great because it makes it formal without being....bushy. I hate when I go to weddings and I can't see the person sitting across from me

     And lastly, it is, of course, very beachy, and it fits perfectly with the open air location. Did you glue on the little seashells, or did it come like that? Thanks for sharing!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks very much for your feedback.  

- The reeds are natural and a turquoise/dark blue.  Our colours are Navy and Green with a LOT of white running through.  It would have been perfect had they been NAVY and natural but the deepness of the aqua-ish colour works well.  It brings in a little colour without it being overpowering.  I am not big on "Matchy-Matchy" colour schemes but that is just me.  We are going with No chair bows, table runners etc. So our "colours" are actually just pops!  I am thinking we may bring the votives/tea lights in our navy colour to incorporate it

 

- I totally agree with being able to see across the table.  They aren't bushy (great word choice) so I think conversation should still flow well!

 

- The sea shells actually came on there already!!!! That is what me buy one package to start with, I was like ohhhh this is beachy maybe this could work for something.  I like the little added it brings and ties it back into the "theme"

 

Thanks again, I really appreciate any and all feedback!!!!

Originally Posted by Jwed12 View Post

@Tori-

       I like to sand/seashell idea too. The stones are nice, but definitely too dark. I think sand will help with the shells, and it will be a nice anchor if it's windy. What are your colors? My only worry is that I see no color in the centerpieces, but then again, I have no idea what the rest of your accents are, and you don't want to overkill the color scheme.

      I definitely love the votives around it. The height is great because it makes it formal without being....bushy. I hate when I go to weddings and I can't see the person sitting across from me

     And lastly, it is, of course, very beachy, and it fits perfectly with the open air location. Did you glue on the little seashells, or did it come like that? Thanks for sharing!  

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of Stefanie - I think it is time I start calling you by your name and not just "starfish" lol, I had to creep on your profile picture to figure it out! I love you "S" btw off topic but what font is that?  Is your new last name an S initial?  You guys will have a LOT of S going on!!!!!!!! We are also an "S" last name so my initials wont be changing from my maiden name either.

 

Anyways, back on topic!!!!!!  Here are a few centrepiece INSPIRATION pics I thought I would share.... I know there is at least 1 other bride who is thinking of doing submerged orchids so hopefully these help!

 

centre pieces.jpg

 

wedding centrepiece orchid.jpg

 

weddingcentrepiecesstones.jpg  (love the natural look of the stones here)

 

LED submerge.jpg (this is another BDW brides centrepiece!!!!)

 

submerged LED lights.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are too funny! Thankfully my new last name will be with an R!  For the monogram because it is going on our invites I didn't want to use an R in the center as we won't be married yet, perhaps a bit old school but...  I had wanted to capitalize S&S but it looked funny so I just used the one and well that's where I ended...  Still a work in progress of course!  Oh and the font is Mutlu something... found it on dafont.  Only big scripty S I could find...

 

Anywho..  Thank you for the extra pictures!  I definitely have the one with the stones saved, thinking perhaps for my cocktail hour tables but may way to do just purple instead... still have time for that decision but I've now saved the others into my folder!  Thanks again!!

 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Of Stefanie - I think it is time I start calling you by your name and not just "starfish" lol, I had to creep on your profile picture to figure it out! I love you "S" btw off topic but what font is that?  Is your new last name an S initial?  You guys will have a LOT of S going on!!!!!!!! We are also an "S" last name so my initials wont be changing from my maiden name either.

 

Anyways, back on topic!!!!!!  Here are a few centrepiece INSPIRATION pics I thought I would share.... I know there is at least 1 other bride who is thinking of doing submerged orchids so hopefully these help!

 

centre pieces.jpg

 

wedding centrepiece orchid.jpg

 

weddingcentrepiecesstones.jpg  (love the natural look of the stones here)

 

LED submerge.jpg (this is another BDW brides centrepiece!!!!)

 

submerged LED lights.jpg

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and btw.... I was thinking further today about your design (who's the creeper now?!)  and wow is your dress going to make a statement against everything else!  It will be spectacular!!! I can not wait to see photos!!! Is it Feb yet?!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


Thanks very much for your feedback.  

- The reeds are natural and a turquoise/dark blue.  Our colours are Navy and Green with a LOT of white running through.  It would have been perfect had they been NAVY and natural but the deepness of the aqua-ish colour works well.  It brings in a little colour without it being overpowering.  I am not big on "Matchy-Matchy" colour schemes but that is just me.  We are going with No chair bows, table runners etc. So our "colours" are actually just pops!  I am thinking we may bring the votives/tea lights in our navy colour to incorporate it

 

- I totally agree with being able to see across the table.  They aren't bushy (great word choice) so I think conversation should still flow well!

 

- The sea shells actually came on there already!!!! That is what me buy one package to start with, I was like ohhhh this is beachy maybe this could work for something.  I like the little added it brings and ties it back into the "theme"

 

Thanks again, I really appreciate any and all feedback!!!!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


haha you are great!!!! the dress definitely is a statement I dont think people are expecting so I want to make sure it is not all so OVER THE TOP and I think by keeping decor more minimal we will get the right feel.  I will make an impact with events, OOTs, and the way we do thing not necessarily the look of things!!! hopefully I am not disappointed!!!!!

 

6 months to the day today!!!!!!

 

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 View Post

Oh and btw.... I was thinking further today about your design (who's the creeper now?!)  and wow is your dress going to make a statement against everything else!  It will be spectacular!!! I can not wait to see photos!!! Is it Feb yet?!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy 6 Months!!! cheer2.gif

 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


haha you are great!!!! the dress definitely is a statement I dont think people are expecting so I want to make sure it is not all so OVER THE TOP and I think by keeping decor more minimal we will get the right feel.  I will make an impact with events, OOTs, and the way we do thing not necessarily the look of things!!! hopefully I am not disappointed!!!!!

 

6 months to the day today!!!!!!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have a question that is totally not centerpiece related, but.... in the monogram, does his initial come first or mine? I've seen both, but I didn't know if there was a "proper" way. For example, my name is Alli and his is Jeremy. So would it be...

 

1. ASJ

or

2. JSA

 

Thanks for all of your help! :)
 

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 View Post

You are too funny! Thankfully my new last name will be with an R!  For the monogram because it is going on our invites I didn't want to use an R in the center as we won't be married yet, perhaps a bit old school but...  I had wanted to capitalize S&S but it looked funny so I just used the one and well that's where I ended...  Still a work in progress of course!  Oh and the font is Mutlu something... found it on dafont.  Only big scripty S I could find...

 

Anywho..  Thank you for the extra pictures!  I definitely have the one with the stones saved, thinking perhaps for my cocktail hour tables but may way to do just purple instead... still have time for that decision but I've now saved the others into my folder!  Thanks again!!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×