Post your centerpieces here

Perhaps something like this?! Just thought I'd share... It's from my "dinner/reception" location. Love at first sight for me, no LED's though...   

1245.JPG

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Not sure what they are made of but I got them from Michaels.  They are very sparkly.

I have actually changed my centerpieces and I am going with orchids in water and a turquoise LED light. msnwink.gif

Oh I am so glad you like them!!!! They will be on long tables with some votives or tea lights surrounding and all down the length of the table.  This is a semi-private dinner in an open air restaurant.

The second location is a beachside reception on the terrace.  These will be round tables.  I was thinking of using the bouquets for this but don't want to have to bring DOUBLE the vases..... I think I may just go for a single candle and shell scattering on the tables for this.  This is the dance portion of the night so maybe I will use my mirrors there and not at dinner or something..

I also love the shells on top, thats why I first got it and think it works well!

Ps you are totally not rambling you are a HUGE help!

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 View Post

Love. Exactly what I was picturing from your description.  I too like the stone but agree it's not light enough. I am thinking along your lines of sand in the bottom and a few shells on top, will be perfect!  Will you be surrounding with votives?  The height makes a statement for sure but they are still "soft" if you will... 

As for moving them after dinner... if you have a WC that you can trust to move these without disrupting you and your guests, go for it.  Are you doing dinner in one room and then dancing and cocktails in another?  What will the tables be like in the other room?  Personally, I'd probably go for something different - opportunity to introduce another element into the mix or if the tables are round, keep it low to the table just for accent.  Could you use your bm bouquets in this setting? Ok... I'm rambiling :)  

I do not want to start rumors on the board... but... I just checked the website to try to confirm and they wern't on there. It was a clearance item of sort, straight vase v shaped, I wasn't in there for them so took quick notice and kept on my merry way.  I was hunting for apothecary style vases that of which they definitely do have :) (AHR)  

@ TORI

I just saw the shells atop the reeds... LOVE them even more! Great job!!!

"Open Air restaurant"  swoon :)  those will be dynamite!  As for outside, I love that you get to change locations!  Keep it simple, for sure! Sounds perfect, carrying through the shells outside - all about the flow right?! Glad yo don't think I'm rambiling, I just start typing what I'm thinking and I go back and read half finished sentances... silly.

BTW, thanks for the compliment about the orchids, I have another picture too of green ones with no table linens, they pop in the restaurant as it is all dark mahongany wood.   

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Oh I am so glad you like them!!!! They will be on long tables with some votives or tea lights surrounding and all down the length of the table.  This is a semi-private dinner in an open air restaurant.

The second location is a beachside reception on the terrace.  These will be round tables.  I was thinking of using the bouquets for this but don't want to have to bring DOUBLE the vases..... I think I may just go for a single candle and shell scattering on the tables for this.  This is the dance portion of the night so maybe I will use my mirrors there and not at dinner or something..

I also love the shells on top, thats why I first got it and think it works well!

Ps you are totally not rambling you are a HUGE help!

Oh I love love love the orchid look I think it'll be amazing!!! I have a few inspiration pics I can share with you if you like as I planned on doing green orchids for ours!!

I wish we werent changing locations but it is a nice money saver for us so that allows our OOT bags to be better HAHA

"Open Air restaurant"  swoon :)  those will be dynamite!  As for outside, I love that you get to change locations!  Keep it simple, for sure! Sounds perfect, carrying through the shells outside - all about the flow right?! Glad yo don't think I'm rambiling, I just start typing what I'm thinking and I go back and read half finished sentances... silly.

BTW, thanks for the compliment about the orchids, I have another picture too of green ones with no table linens, they pop in the restaurant as it is all dark mahongany wood.   

Tori are those napkins in the first picture?!? It is SO different?

Sorry to be taking over this thread tonight, just wanted to share a picture of our dinner spot so you can see where our Centrepieces will go

Dinner Spot.jpg

And our reception spot -we wont be doing chair sashes I don't think.... how much do I love those centrepieces though.... tempting!!!!!!!!

wetbar reception spot.jpg

I prefer the basic look also!!

I think they are.... we will NOT be having our napkins like that lol  This is just a picture I stole from another bride lol it is the basic set up which I liked.  We will have our tall centrepieces and just the white linens! not so cluttered!

Ooooh!!!! Those are going to look awesome in there!!!  Clean and definitely not cluttered (I hate clutter, part of my type A i think)... Nicely done! As for the callas below... oh so gorgeous but is the $$ worth it?! I really think the focus for your dinner centerpieces is key because people will be sitting and conversing while eating.  Outside, I would hope people will be up and dancing!!!

Sorry to be taking over this thread tonight, just wanted to share a picture of our dinner spot so you can see where our Centrepieces will go

Dinner Spot.jpg

And our reception spot -we wont be doing chair sashes I don't think.... how much do I love those centrepieces though.... tempting!!!!!!!!

wetbar reception spot.jpg

I do have a few pictures of submerged orchids this green one below is also from my dinner location, i referred to it before about the color popping...  Right with you on simple but makes a bold statement if you will.  I would love to see more if you have them!!! Thanks so much!

amber6.jpg