Love the map! Where'd you find it?! I am having one hand drawn from Laura Hooper and using it as our "signing board" but will be putting it in bags as part of the welcome booklet!
Grand Cayman OOT bags
Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:51 AM
I got married in Aruba, which is obviously not the Caymans, but a tropical island nonetheless. I had more guests than some of the girls how posted on this thread (50 for me), so the OOT bags were smaller. I figured I'd share and add a different flavor for anyone who's still in the OOT bag planning phase.
The resort where we got married and where our guests stayed is an all-inclusive. I decided that it would be a little redundant to put food and drinks in the bags. I tried to include things that are useful, usually forgotten, or in keeping with our wedding theme (flip flops).
- re-usable tote bag (could double as a beach bag): http://www.orientalt...1.fltr?Ntt=tote (Mine were this bag, but in the medium size. I don't see them on the site at the moment.)
- flip flop deck of cards: http://www.orientalt...r?Ntt=flip flop
- flip flop gummy candies: http://www.orientalt...r?Ntt=flip flop
- Advil: http://www.minimus.b...10401-1000.aspx
- SPF lip balm: http://www.minimus.b...27702-9000.aspx
- Tylenol: http://www.soap.com/...t-Packets-54237
- band aids: http://www.soap.com/...-Bandages-55187
- after sun aloe wipes: http://www.amazon.co...13177939&sr=8-1
- TONS of tourist information that I copied from the internet (it turned out to be a 60 page Word document)
- a letter from my husband and me with information about the welcome bags, how to reach us, a couple reminders (time and place of welcome dinner, wear sunscreen, etc), and of course "thank you for coming" and "we are so excited" and all that good stuff
- sand toys for the kids only: http://www.orientalt...r?Ntt=beach toy
I gave 1 bag per single person, or 1 bag per couple (with most of the items doubled up - not deck of cards, aloe wipes, tourist information, letter), or 1 bag per family (same as couples' bag but with sand toy and extra gummies for the child).
Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone. These posts are soooo helpful. GrandCayBride, where did you get that cute map?
Originally Posted by GrandCayBride
You are welcome.......I just did it all a few months ago so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
And yes the shipping was relatively easy just make sure you go online and get the appropriate international shipping documents printed and filled out, it will speed up the process at Fed Ex. Oh yeah, also was told by my wc that FED EX better than UPS.....so that is what I did. Fed ex.
Everyone was super excited to get our bags.....were used and seen on the beach while we were there...it was a backpack type. I put welcome letter and the map show here.....
Here is picture of our koozies and M&M'
Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:53 PM
Hey there, since I started this thread, I wanted to follow up and share what I ended up using for my OOT bags.
-Tags, ribbon, and white pen from Paper Source from home
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users