Sign in to follow this  
mrsbruff2b

Photos at Cenotes in Cancun, do you need a permit?

We're thinking of doing a TTD at a cenote while we're in Cancun, do you need a permit?  Where can we get one?  We'll be staying at Moon Palace, where are some nearby cenotes?

Hi ,

A Trash The Dress at cenote is really an amazing experience! Donâ€t miss that! To have an idea how it can looks like , see my my page:  CENOTE TRASH THE DRESS IN THE RIVIERA MAYA

Most of the cenote are private but open to the  public. The fee is very low (5 to 10 USD) for full day pass. But if your photo session looks professional (big cameras or wedding dresses) the owner can claim for an extra fee. Some cenote photo fee grows  to 500USD!
Most of the cenote are all along the “carretera Federal†from Puerto Morelos to Tulum. For the sesion if better to be there early in the morning 9am to not have too much turist in the water with you!

Enjoy your tme in the Riviera Maya

Pierre

Trashtehdresscenote-004pierre-visual-studio copie.jpg

Trash the dress cenote

Thanks for the information, Pierre! Do you know which cenotes in Cancun photgraph the best? (good lighting, few tourist, good space, low price)? What is your recommendation?

Originally Posted by Pierre Violle View Post

Hi ,

A Trash The Dress at cenote is really an amazing experience! Donâ€t miss that! To have an idea how it can looks like , see my my page:  CENOTE TRASH THE DRESS IN THE RIVIERA MAYA

Most of the cenote are private but open to the  public. The fee is very low (5 to 10 USD) for full day pass. But if your photo session looks professional (big cameras or wedding dresses) the owner can claim for an extra fee. Some cenote photo fee grows  to 500USD!
Most of the cenote are all along the “carretera Federal†from Puerto Morelos to Tulum. For the sesion if better to be there early in the morning 9am to not have too much turist in the water with you!

Enjoy your tme in the Riviera Maya

Pierre

Trashtehdresscenote-004pierre-visual-studio copie.jpg

Trash the dress cenote

We were not charged anything (other than 5-10 to get in) at Gran Cenote.  But, that was in 2008.

Hey Mrsbruff,

Did you end up finding a cenote for your photos? We are looking for a location that doesn't charge an arm and a leg and would appreciate if you can provide any direction/suggestions. We are staying in Cancun. Would really appreciate the help :)

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

Thanks for the information, Pierre! Do you know which cenotes in Cancun photgraph the best? (good lighting, few tourist, good space, low price)? What is your recommendation?