Photo

Xcaret 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 normas09

normas09
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Jessi! Thanks so much for all the information you've provided. I'm looking at all options where I could have a catholic wedding and the chapel here is amazing. I emailed Xcaret but have not heard from them. Could you email me the pdf of all the prices...email is norm09@hotmail.com.

Thanks so much again and btw, great wedding date (it's also my bday) :)

~Norma

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor 

having my ceremony in the st francis of assisi chapel, and reception in la isla.  i wanted a cocktail reception by the water...but alas im too poor!

so im going to try and explain what im doing. im a bit hungover so this may be a terrible explanation

xcaret says you have to use 3 of their musicians/groups...after that you can bring people in. i really wanted a live band and fi always wanted a mariachi

we are having the trio xcaret suggests for the church bit. and because the live band costs a bomb, we decided to have a harp during dinner rather than playing the expensive music when people cant dance cause theyre eating. so we figured that we could at least outsource the mariachi or live band because with them itd bring us up to 4 artists/ then i thought if i hired the cheapest artist they have to play music as guests arrived... i can outsource both. so im planning to hire a guitarrist for 567 dollars or whatever so i can go elsewhere for both

to give you an idea about savings

xcaret live band is 5840 dollars (plus tax) for four 45 min sets (they play 45 mins, rest 15 mins)    musicancun have just quoted me 3780 dollars for 4 sets (including tax) and there are cheaper paclages available

xcaret mariachi is 1985 dollars plus tax for 45 mins, musicancun prices range from 595 dollars for 1 set of 45 minutes with 5 musicians, and 1070 dollars for 11 musicians (again, including tax)

so by hiring a guitarist that i dont particularly need or want, i think i can save myself around 2000 dollars. as graciela said 3 of ANY musicians. didnt say had to include specific ones

i met her last saturday - she was at a wedding expo here in monterrey.. and she tried to convince me that xcaret mariachi was worth it...but honestly it isnt. for that, its my fi's call as its his most importatn wedding thing. if he doesnt mind, then it goes!

does that make sense?

#62 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
    • 296 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by normas09 

Jessi! Thanks so much for all the information you've provided. I'm looking at all options where I could have a catholic wedding and the chapel here is amazing. I emailed Xcaret but have not heard from them. Could you email me the pdf of all the prices...email is norm09@hotmail.com.

Thanks so much again and btw, great wedding date (it's also my bday) :)

~Norma

done, let me know if it doesnt arrive!!

#63 Kristen112808

Kristen112808
      • 169 posts
        • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Congrats and welcome!! :)

#64 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
        • 296 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Heres a tip for St francis of assisi brides!!

As the chapel is at the top of the hill it can be a bit breezy, especially if like on my wedding day there was a lot of wind even on lower ground! This is great if it's a bit warm but can lead to a few problems.

If, like me you decided you want one of those uber long romantic veils that trails to the floor behind you (and i think a lot of brides like this for a catholic ceremony in particular), bear in mind that its only attached at the top of your head...so the bottom can blow around A LOT. as its a sunset wedding - most people use some kind of candles to decorate the church. Free blowing veil + candles can get a little bit dangerous hahaha. I had to have a bridesmaid walk behind me holding the veil as it kept blowing directly into the candles on the right hand side and I didn't want to go up in a puff of smoke. I started to wish i'd chosen a simpler/shorter veil!!

Same goes for the candles lighting the path and slightly bigger dresses. be careful! =)

#65 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
          • 296 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

i have a teaser photo from sascha!

#66 AllieH

AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Jessi - this is GORGEOUS! I've been on the lookout for your photos. wishing you many happy years together!!

i have a teaser photo from sascha!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#67 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
            • 296 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

thanks!! i almost wish i hadn't seen the photo though, as now im impatient and i've got a while to wait!!

#68 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 3,074 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I agree with AllieH, Jessi - Gorgeous !!! I can see where your impatience comes from - haha I'm also eager to see the rest of your wedding story in photos!  Looks like you had an incredibly Amazing wedding - Congrats !!!

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                    100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#69 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
                • 296 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

http://cancunphotosb...orlando-xcaret/

sascha has added some photos on his blog!

#70 AllieH

AllieH
                  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                  • 2,014 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Jess - these are sooooo beautiful!! 

http://cancunphotosb...orlando-xcaret/

sascha has added some photos on his blog!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users