Photo

Any 2013 weight loss brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#11 Peach

Peach
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:55 AM

Grrrr.... I cannot get into the zumba class I wanted. It was the only time that worked! Darn - I was really looking forward to it. 

#12 FutureMrsF

FutureMrsF
    • 151 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

My FI convinced me not to start my diet till after our cruise at the end of october. I have 1 month to eat whatever I want lol! Then it's time to do it right and have plenty of time before my May 2013 wedding.

#13 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

That is what I did for the rest of the summer, after getting engaged. We traveled around to see so many friends and family members, I wanted to be able to eat whatever I wanted! So FI convinced me that I should do just that, then slowly get back into it in the fall, and be full swing once routine is set back in with school and everything. So that is what I am doing.

PLUS I just found out that I won a free month's membership to the local YWCA at a bridal show I checked out a couple weeks ago. Excellent, since I have not bought my new gym pass yet! So excited to check it out.

#14 philanab

philanab
        • 178 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

What kind of things have you ladies been doing to get out there and get active? I need some ideas, especially now that the weather is getting colder and drab. I enjoy taking part in the body pump classes at Goodlife, but I need some more ideas. My FI and I play indoor volleyball once a week, we've signed up for salsa and merengue classes in Janurary, and I'm signed up for indoor soccer once a week.

#15 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
          • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

Girls I am having the HARDEST time getting motivated to exercise.. I know I want to but haha that just is not working out... We need a support group!!!

#16 Peach

Peach
            • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

Oh, me too.... I am stopping to start my YWCA membership Friday, and I am only going because I kind of have to.... at least, I am telling myself I have to.

I am kind of unmotivated now. I am trying to get my portion sizes under control again, and have been doing better with that. But now I am starting to feel really under the weather. Grrrr....

#17 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
              • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

Maybe we should have to state how many pounds we have lost every 2 weeks!! LOL!! I think maybe having it on here in writing will make me actually do it!! Having to account for my actions!! LOL!!

#18 philanab

philanab
                • 178 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

Or maybe instead of the pounds lost, we can post how many times we've been to the gym every week. My goal is to go 3-4 times a week....but I kind of got out of the groove over the past few weeks. I've been cheating too much on my "healthy diet" too . Plan is to get on track tomorrow, and head to the gym as soon as I get up. I find that paying for a gym motivates me a bit, if I don't go to the gym my monthly payments are going down the drain!!

#19 Peach

Peach
                  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:03 AM

I know what you mean about money being a factor. I like to take a class, because that is costly, I HAVE to be there at a specific time and place, and I like to go to the gym besides so I can do well in the class and not waste that way. I used to love working out in the morning too, before work. but now I get up at 5 to have enough time to get to work and everything, and I cannot physically get up earlier to make it to the gym. :(

Maybe we should state a couple goals, whether it is pounds or inches or times to the gym, then every couple weeks state how you are doing on your own goals. That way it is personal to you? For example, I am looking to drop some weight and sizes.... in lots of different ways. What do you think?

Originally Posted by philanab 

Or maybe instead of the pounds lost, we can post how many times we've been to the gym every week. My goal is to go 3-4 times a week....but I kind of got out of the groove over the past few weeks. I've been cheating too much on my "healthy diet" too . Plan is to get on track tomorrow, and head to the gym as soon as I get up. I find that paying for a gym motivates me a bit, if I don't go to the gym my monthly payments are going down the drain!!

#20 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
                    • 438 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

my FI and I are using X- Box Kinect the fitness game.  There are so many options we can work out together or alone. Hoping that we both have beach bodies by 2013. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users