Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by meBonidie2be 

Glad we could help you make a decision....Now on to next, right? lol

You are right meBonidie2be :D Thats how it works lol

#12 kymish

kymish
    • 163 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

i agree with mexicobride422.. we decided on no wedding party as well just my sister and BIL for witnesses that way no one was obligated to travel the distance to join us on our special day... hope your decision works out for you !!

Originally Posted by mexicobride422 

Congratulations on your engagement!

For many different reasons, my fiance and I decided against a wedding party.. (We didn't want anyone feeling forced to come.. Didn't feel like having a whole bunch of people stand up there on the beach with us- LOL) In the end, my sister will be my maid of honor and thats it.. We personally want a more intimate feel to the wedding ceremony and I feel like with no wedding party there will be more focus on us.. In the end, do what you wish! Don't feel obligated to have a wedding party because you think it is expected.. The best things about destination weddings are there are no rules!

Good luck and happy planning!

#13 Milly11

Milly11
      • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

We are just having MOH and best man since we knew that both of them would be coming for sure. My other friends were not 100% sure if they would be able to come so I didn't ask any of them to be part of the bridal party.

#14 WeddingMay

WeddingMay
        • 208 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Sounds like a good decision. That is yet another reason we chose a destination wedding. Too much drama on who's in the wedding and who's not.

Married! May 13 2012!

#15 MelloJess83

MelloJess83
          • 46 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

My FI and I are taking a cruise and getting married in St Thomas.  This cruise is what we call our "weddingmoon", just the two of us.  We will have the individual marrying us, our photographer, and videographer as well.  Our families and friends are all over the country, and to not make anyone feel obligated, we decided to do just the two of us.  My mom is having a hard time with it, but I'm allowing her throw me a bridal shower as well as be the "main planner" of the AHR.  She still feels involved, and I may include her in our engagement photographs so she has pics with all of us! 

Just remember, it is your special day, do what YOU want, don't listen to anyone else!!  Congrats!

#16 jillybeans127

jillybeans127
            • 165 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

Thank you ladies...thought I was the only one out there not having a bridal party

#17 AllieH

AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

You aren't alone!! As of now, we aren't going to have a bridal party either. I have some of my best girl friends planning to come, but the FI isn't sure about any of his close guy-friends. I didn't want to have to ask anyone to buy a bridesmaid dress or suit or whatever, or offer to pay for one really. So we are planning just the two of us at the altar. 

I will probably have a couple of my girls and my mom getting ready with me though, and I'm sure he'll have some of the guys who end up going with him (or his mom). 

Originally Posted by jillybeans127 

Thank you ladies...thought I was the only one out there not having a bridal party

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#18 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
              • 400 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

I am unsure as to what we will do - but I think with a destination wedding, you can do whatever you want! That's the beauty of it :)

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users