Possible Wedding in Riviera Maya 2012

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MKA611

• 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

If anyone can provide details around Ceiba del Mar vs. Fairmont Mayakoba that would be helpful.  I know of course one is a boutique vs. larger hotel.  But any information around pricing, food, service, accommodations, etc would be greatly appreciated.  Are there any items to ask the hotel to include?  Negotiation points, etc.  I see that the open bars at both hotels are very expensive. 

Also, has anyone had or been to a wedding at Amarte Maroma?

Thank you so much!!!

#2 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
    • 2,782 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

The more people(guests) you can bring, the more you can negotiate!

#3 MKA611

• 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:43 AM

Thanks!  I was hoping for a more detailed response.  If anyone else out there has any information I would really appreciate it!

#4 cardarriprod

• Banned
        • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

We've been playing for weddings reception in both hotels, I suppossed Fairmont is much more expensive than Ceiba del Mar which is in Puerto Morelos and you can go downtown to spend a good time, and the Fairmont is in Riviera Maya between Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen, and the Mayakoba are so beautiful hotels.  By the way, if you want to hire live music for your wedding check Torang Velazco y su Ach© pa' ti Orquesta.

#5 JaziandSwag

• 152 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

Sorry I am not familiar with either...but they do have a thread with a comparison chart.  You may want to check that out :-)

#6 cindyinpink

• 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

I'm also looking at the Amarte Hotel.... any luck finding information???!!!  I'm heading down first days of February to check out a couple of places and will definitely be visiting Amarte.

#7 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 3,073 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums!

They are very different indeed! I prefer the smaller more intimate boutique type feel but that is completely up to you!

Here is a link to a Ceiba del Mar Wedding: Ceiba.jpg

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                    100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#8 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
                • 272 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

The hotels mentioned are all very different.  As mentioned in other posts, you should definitely check Ceiba del Mar's new policies and owners (there has been a lot of talk of it changing its concept to clothing-optional).  I've done beautiful photo shoots at Amarte!  Beach wedding at Amarte Hotel, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Beach wedding at Amarte Hotel, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Banyan Tree, Mayakoba

Beach wedding at Banyan tree Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Beach wedding at Banyan Tree, Mayakoba Hotel, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

#9 cindyinpink

• 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Thanks for the pictures, I'm loving that boat looking picture from the Mayakoba, what a great ride!!  We head down tomorrow and have a few hotels lined up to visit.  Staying in downtown Playa del Carmen to cut back on costs.  Did you find the information you were looking for??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users