Sign in to follow this  
jamisoncollette

chatting to myself

It doesn't matter where you get married, we are here to share ideas and enjoy in each other's happiness. You can talk to us anytime. And don't worry I know there will be more PR brides. Like Tammy said this started out as a cabo forum and has expanded to so many different areas. When I first joined there was virtually no Jamaica brides and now there are tons of them. You will be such an expert on PR that you will be able to help other newbies. In the meantime chat away! smile159.gif

when I first joined, there weren't many Jamaica brides on here at all...you never know when they'll all join & start taking over! I posted about this forum on other boards (brides.com & tripadvisor) and told other Jamaica brides how much better this forum is! rolleyes.gif I think I got a couple of em here! wink.gif

I was the only Cuba bride till a girl I referred to this forum joined this week. So, I know how you feel. Its different because you US peeps can't go to my location, but there are a lot of CDN girls on here as well and none of them are getting married in Cuba. lol

There might not be anyone one here to help us with specifics to our location, but you know what, when a PR bride or Cuba bride comes on here, think about how much info we will have to share and help them out.

You never have to talk to yourself around here, there are lots of people on at all times willing to talk about anything, literally anything. lol

I thought about PR at first actually. But one of my co-workers got married there last year so I wanted to do something different. It is all good, as long as you and your guests enjoy it.

I know how you feel, as the lone British Virgin Islands bride, but everyone's right you can still get tons of great advice and ideas from everyone.

I'm hoping to add a lot of BVI info to the boards as well to help out any brides after me, because if there's more info and help there might be more interest.

The other option is to do what the Jamaican brides have done and recruit!

You guys are so nice. It's really cool to see so many people willing to help all the while being busy planning their own events. FI is here this weekend so I am hoping to get some specific PR info up for those undecided brides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisoncollette View Post
You guys are so nice. It's really cool to see so many people willing to help all the while being busy planning their own events. FI is here this weekend so I am hoping to get some specific PR info up for those undecided brides.
Looking forward to your wedding, Jamie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisoncollette View Post
Jamie, I feel the same way sometimes, there are only 2 of us getting married in Costa Rica (well one now the other bride Angie is there right now) but I still get so much from this forum!!

Jamie - Did you book a location? I noticed you were looking at The Gallery Inn from Robin's thread. That place looks amazing!!!! I wish I would have seen that before - it is so nice! If you do it there, would you buy out the whole place since they only have 22 rooms?

Alyssa

Alyssa,

It is looking very good for The Gallery Inn. We are finalizing requests and they have been wonderful (once we started working with the owner). We don't plan to rent out the whole place, most guests have already reserved rooms at At Windchimes Inn. I never thought about reserving the whole place though...