Sign in to follow this  
jamisoncollette

chatting to myself

I'm surprised that there are so few, um I mean no other brides looking at Puerto Rico. I thought there would be more because of the lack of passport requirements and the whole territory thing. I've been to the island a couple of times and really love it. Maybe a few of the other newbiesn who havn't decided on a location will give PR a look! Until then I think I will chat with myself here

lol.. awww... if it makes you feel any better, i would have loved to have my wedding in PR!

I've been there once and feel in love!

I'll chat with you!

Thanks! It's kinda lonely when you think how many people there are out there in the world yet I'm on my own with PR. My mother thinks I'm insane but that may have something to do with the picture I showed her from my last trip over-five policemen in full riot gear on the beach! I told her it was my VIP protection but now she thinks San Juan must be crime ridden...no more than most US cities!

haha! too funny! FI family is from PR, and his cousin warned us not to walk through a certain part of San Juan. And what did we do- we walked right through it! I can assure you its worse walking through down town LA than San Juan!

It is really beautiful! The flights are too expensive from LA to PR so we decided to go to Puerto Vallarta instead (my family's hometown is about a 4 hour drive away).

I'm sure some PR brides will join soon or some brides will change locations! When I joined, I believa Ann (akh) and I were the only Puerto Vallarta brides and now look at how many have joined!

Awww...sorry you're all alone in Puerto Rico on this forum. Feel free to share everything about it, we'd love to hear and see pics!

I have a co-worker that's getting married there in November.. unfortunately she's out of our NY office and we haven't talked much about plans. She's very excited though.. :) I love wedding pictures regardless of where they happen AND alot of these great ideas will work anywhere too.

Tell your co-worker to get her bottom on here then! Do you know where she's getting married? I live in NY but I'm an upstater.

I'll post some pics as soon as I master the whole resizing thing-I hate technology sometimes!

this forum started as a cabo wedding forum but has grown...you can be our first PR bride...most DW wedding stuff is all the same whether you are getting married in PR or greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisoncollette View Post
Tell your co-worker to get her bottom on here then! Do you know where she's getting married? I live in NY but I'm an upstater.
I'll post some pics as soon as I master the whole resizing thing-I hate technology sometimes!

I live in mass, but travel to upstate NY a lot, where do you live?