Photo

Getting Hair done in Jamaica for wedding

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 drfoune

drfoune
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:25 AM

Hello everybody,  I am getting married at Beaches Negril in December.  I am nervous about the hair situation.  The wedding is on my 4th day in Jamaica and I will need to have my  hair done down there.  ANyboy have any experiences with any hairstylist or heard of anyone.  I am particularly worried about what type of hair and texture they are used to working with.  I will NEED may hair set and dried under the dryer.

ANybody with some info?!?!?!

#2 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

I am not getting married there but I too am getting my hair AND make-up done at my resort spa. It is free with our package but I plan on going a few days prior to get a trial because I have no idea if they are any good! lol!

Maybe you could do the same, just a suggestion!

#3 KandiK

KandiK
      • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

I am pretty set on bringing my hair and makeup artist with me. Just so I can be absolutley sure on what im going to get.

We are pretty sure we will have at least 30 people attending so we will be using an accomodation credit on our stylist!

#4 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
        • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

I am booking Chasity Artistry Rashel Edwards!! She is a makeup artist but will come to your room and works with a hair stylist!!

Here is her facebook

http://www.facebook....RTISTRY.JAMAICA

#5 beachgal2012

beachgal2012
          • 162 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

looks like she does great work. all the pics are so pretty on her site.  thanks for the tip. love the fact that they come to you!  do you know if you can get them to do a trial run before the wedding day?

#6 LaraJo

LaraJo
            • 159 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

I used Rashel and her hairstylist, Fiona, for my wedding this past July. They were both fantastic and Fiona did an even better job than the woman I used on Long Island for my AHR. I was very VERY nervous because I didn't have a trial, but you are in good hands. I had asked Rashel about a trial, but with her crazy busy schedule, she didn't have time. You really don't need one though - and if you saw the look on my face when I was getting my hair done you can see how panicked I was- and I wish I would have just relaxed and enjoyed the pampering. 

#7 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

does anyone have her contact info, and how much does she charge?

Originally Posted by LaraJo 

I used Rashel and her hairstylist, Fiona, for my wedding this past July. They were both fantastic and Fiona did an even better job than the woman I used on Long Island for my AHR. I was very VERY nervous because I didn't have a trial, but you are in good hands. I had asked Rashel about a trial, but with her crazy busy schedule, she didn't have time. You really don't need one though - and if you saw the look on my face when I was getting my hair done you can see how panicked I was- and I wish I would have just relaxed and enjoyed the pampering. 

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#8 n2godsheart

n2godsheart
                • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

anyone know of hair/makeup??!

#9 snorfle1

snorfle1
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 68 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton
                  • LocationJamaica

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by n2godsheart 

anyone know of hair/makeup??!

I have Rashel Edwards booked.  She will do my makeup and her assistant will do my hair.  She has wonderful reviews.  You can find her on facebook under Chasity Artistry Rashel Edwards.  Good luck, I know that she books up quick.

#10 snorfle1

snorfle1
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 68 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton
                  • LocationJamaica

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Rashel Edwards does makeup and she has an assistant do hair. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users