Sorry this review is late, this is a long one.......We got married at Paradisus La Esmeralda on 7-7-12 and it was absolutely everything I hoped for and more. When we booked our wedding in July 2011, we were the FIRST couple to book a wedding at the resort in Playa Del Carmen sight unseen and still under construction! It was the best decision we made. If your considering this resort, trust me, you have nothing to worry about. Work with VERONICA at Paradisus head office in Miami. Once you arrive, your on sight team of wedding planners; Ana and Myrna are wonderful, just explain your vision and let them help you make it into a reality. So, here are some tidbits about the wedding:
First, the resort itself is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are spacious, clean, and modern and the service is outstanding. From the moment we arrived and throughout our stay everyone was super friendly, courteous, and helpful. Our room was upgraded to a swim up suite, but we decided we liked the master suite better so we simply switched rooms - no problem. Our family and friends loved it. Everyone was given wrist bands that identified that they were a group attending a wedding and we, Bride and Groom, were given white and silver ones, so everywhere we went at the resort, people would wish us well and pretty much give us whatever we asked for. Everyone was treated like VIPs the entire time. The food........wait until you taste the food... Delish with a capital D. Bana, The Market, and Vento were our favorites. Even at our wedding, my husband and his groomsman requested two entrees and they got them, no problem at all.
Wedding package - AQUA
1) Hair and Makeup - Included in the package, I only got makeup done, Veronica did an outstanding job, it lasted and I didn't look like a stranger in the mirror - too overdone. It was me, just an improved version and I liked that, she had all name brand makeup, I was concerned, but no worries, she has it all.
2) Ceremony - On the Gabi Bridge leading to the beach at 5 pm. Cocktail hour at 6 pm and dinner/dancing 7-10.
3) Flowers/decor - Perla at Alquimia - For some reason fresh flowers are expensive in Mexico, but work directly with Perla and she will work with you..Make sure you have an idea of what you want, send pics. Give her an idea of your budget and all you want included and she will work her magic.
4)Cocktail Hour/Reception - Held in Hadar. Perfect location - Private and air conditioned, it was very hot outside and the mosquito's were out in full force. I brought programs, fans, menus, and maracas with me, incorporated all of them. Note: I was re-thinking the maracas but in the end very glad I brought them with me so I didn't need to worry about going into town to buy them and negotiating...one less thing to worry about. All of our guests enjoyed them.
5) Photographer - Blue Lens - Martina is great to work with. Pics came out great, just wish I had time to take more of them
6)DJ - We used an off site vendor - DJ Dorrimixx - Elio was a ROCK STAR, he kept everyone on the dance floor and even gave out props which everyone loved. I chose Dorrimixx because of pricing and their 5 our schedule, they handled the music from the ceremony through cocktail hour and reception.
7) Cigar roller - I am so glad that we did this, everyone loved the cigars, we paid for 1 hour and 30 cigars and we had none left! Well worth the $
8) After party held at the Lobby Bar, we pretty much took it over as there is not much going on at the resort after 10 pm. DJ in the lobby played whatever we wanted until 2 am.
Here are a few pics...Top is Ana and Myrna - My heroes! Second is me and Hubby, I will add a few professional pics shortly.