1) I recommend extending the reception one more hour if your crowd likes to have fun and dance a lot. Initially, we didn't extend it but we made a last minute decision (2 days before our wedding) to go ahead with the extension. Aurora had no issues with that and we just had to pay the remaining balance via credit card. Our reception ended up lasting 7:00 - 11:00pm. I'm so glad we did because the reception felt like it was short even with the 1 hour extension.
2) Make sure you have the most recent copy of their wedding brochure that details the wedding packages & extras they offer. They have a policy that states updates/changes to the wedding packages/extras are subject to change, without notice. For example, when it was time to choose the items for our Chill Out Chic menu - I had noticed that they removed the cocktail hour from my package. However, when I first signed the contract back in August 2013 I was referencing an older brochure that included a cocktail hour. With the help of my travel agent, I ended up keeping the cocktail hour!
3) Let Aurora help you book large group dinners in advance! In general, DINNERS at any restaurant in Paradisus need a reservation so that they can have adequate staff. We didn't capitalize on Aurora's offer prior to coming to Mexico so when we decided to ask Aurora for help we had limited options but somehow she worked her magic and we were able to get 60 of my guests in 1 restaurant (although we were split into 2 separate sections due to the last minute request). Can you tell we're a little indecisive? lol.
4) I booked the bridal suite for $348. Even though it cost extra it gave us more space to get ready and a better place for the hair/makeup people to set up.
5) There was a time I had difficulty reaching Perla as well for decoration quotes. So I ended up facebooking the company, and I asked if someone else can help me since it was getting down to the wire and I hadn't heard from Perla for a couple of weeks. Well, it worked and someone reached out!
This resort is definitely pricier than others in the area but in the end we definitely saved money. Our budget would have easily doubled if we had a local wedding instead of a destination wedding. My guests had a blast and really enjoyed the food at the various restaurants on the resort.
These are all the tips I can think of at this time so I hope they helped. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Congratulations!!! Happy to hear everything went as planned. I met with Aurora on site as well she is great. Any helpful tips you can give us brides?
Also did you have a 3 hour reception? Did you feel the need to extend it for the extra money?
Edited by stan123, 21 October 2014 - 08:40 PM.