Photo

The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#601 KK2013

KK2013
  • 244 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

@btam Our DJ was Ultimate Party Central.  Keep in mind, you need to rent all the equipment from the resort, so I would ask them the costs before getting a price for the DJ.  I had no issues with the wedding coordinator at all.  Jessica was so sweet, responded quickly and was always ready to help me. 

I have one piece of advice for all the brides:  I know that planning a wedding is stressful (and I definitely had my bridezilla moments :D ) but the old adage still holds--you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.  People are more willing to work with you when you are genuinely nice, so try to be happy through this process.  I know it's hard...I stressed so much the whole time, and now that it's over, I miss it! hahaha

#602 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

Does anyone have the rates for double occupancy? Or pp or whatever you were quoted? We are looking at jan/feb and we need to make sure the cost isn't ridiculous for guests before we pursue info!

#603 KK2013

KK2013
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:05 AM

Does anyone have the rates for double occupancy? Or pp or whatever you were quoted? We are looking at jan/feb and we need to make sure the cost isn't ridiculous for guests before we pursue info!

It's tough to say because there are two sides to the hotel (adults only and kid friendly) and the rates are different on each side.  I would just ask them the group rate because I think it can change. Contact Wendy Hicks at Wright Travel (she is on this forum) and she can help you with rates.

#604 btam

btam
  • 33 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:41 AM

@kk2023 thank you for giving me your dj name.. that will be so helpful going forward. you have been such a great help to all of us so far.....

Are many brides going for a site visit to Paradisus?

#605 btam

btam
  • 33 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

@ pbharriso can you also let us know which questions you asked and how everything went... we are thinking about going for a site visit in august...

#606 KK2013

KK2013
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

@btam You're welcome!  Anything you need, let me know! :D

#607 KimmyA

KimmyA
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

This board has been super quiet!  Any one care to share their recent wedding experiences at the Paradisus?  Anyone book recently? Anyone have a site visit?  

My fiance and I are officially confirmed and will be getting married at La Esmeralda in May 2015 :)  Can't wait!

#608 omontes

omontes
    • Vendor
    • 187 posts
      • LocationCancun

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hi ladies!

We hope you had a great weekend, we're so happy to write for you on this topic, please take a look at our photography work:

http://www.OctavioMontes.com

Attached File  _A5A8470.JPG   336.27KB   2 downloads

#609 omontes

omontes
      • Vendor
      • 187 posts
        • LocationCancun

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hi BD brides! 

It's a pleasure to write for you on this topic, I want to share those unforgettable moments with you. 

please take a look at the wedding of Erin and David on the beach, was magical and beautiful.

Attached File  _A5A1195.JPG   385.93KB   3 downloads

#610 KK2013

KK2013
        • 244 posts
        • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Hi Ladies!

Just a bit of advice for those of you having legal marriages here...I did not pay for the translation, but received it anyway.  Upon bringing it to DMV, they told me that they could not accept it for a name change, and that one of their DMV approved translators had to do it for $34-$40 (Paradisus wanted to charge hundreds FYI).  They will give you a list of people that can do it at DMV.  This was in New Jersey.  Hope this helps!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)