The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)

Originally Posted by jennmariegarcia View Post

Hi Ladies, my question is for brides who were previously married at this resort

1) We had a legal ceremony, paid the $1,000 fee (got our blood work, fingerprints, signed legal documents & married by a judge) and before we left the resort we received our marriage certificate in the room however it was in Spanish and not filled completely. If anyone else had a legal ceremony here I was wondering if you received an English translated marriage certificate in the mail when you returned home or additional paperwork from Mexico? I need a translated English marriage certificate to change my name on my social security card and my drivers license.

2) Also, has anyone taken advantage of the "Unforgettable Gift | Complimentary Honeymoon/Anniversary Nights" promotion that I read about on line http://www.paradisus.com/romance-offers.php  Its based on your wedding invoice (pre-tax and Resorts fees) but was wondering if anyone has taken advantage of it and how easy it is to actually use.

If you know anything about any of these answers your help is much appreciated!

I was just at the resort and they told me that you get the one you got when you leave included in the $1000, but then you need to pay an additional $400 something for the seal from the government.  On top of that, it's another $400-$500 or something like that to translate.  So, in fact it is more like $2000 to get legally married, which I wished they told me before.

I would just go to your local courthouse and get it done. That's what I did. I didn't trust their gov't and the use of our "blood" in their tests after reading about another bride on BDW who did the bloodwork, heard nothing back and had to assume it was ok.

Seriously what do they do with that blood?

Hey Ladies,

My wedding is in November. We are wrapping up all the final details now... and was running into some frustration.

I was hoping any former brides of the Paradisus or other upcoming brides could shed some light...

How long did your reception at the Gabi go until?  How long was the dancing/dj part of it??

Our Ceremony is on the Gabi Bridge at 5:00pm, the cocktail hour is at the Gabi from 6-7pm, Reception at Gabi as well. I'm figuring announcements, dinner, speeches will be from 7-8pm. So, I am concerned that the dancing/dj only goes for 2 hours? Until 10:00pm? is that normal? They are saying I only have the gabi is only for 3 hours?

Of course there is an option to extend, but that is with a $$$ fee.

Did anyone else run into this issue?  Would love some insight and suggestions?  Thanks so much!

Hey Ladies, My wedding is in November. We are wrapping up all the final details now... and was running into some frustration. I was hoping any former brides of the Paradisus or other upcoming brides could shed some light... How long did your reception at the Gabi go until?  How long was the dancing/dj part of it?? Our Ceremony is on the Gabi Bridge at 5:00pm, the cocktail hour is at the Gabi from 6-7pm, Reception at Gabi as well. I'm figuring announcements, dinner, speeches will be from 7-8pm. So, I am concerned that the dancing/dj only goes for 2 hours? Until 10:00pm? is that normal? They are saying I only have the gabi is only for 3 hours? Of course there is an option to extend, but that is with a $$$ fee. Did anyone else run into this issue?  Would love some insight and suggestions?  Thanks so much!  
I am paying the extra fee to extend one hour, because I wanted the 4 hour reception :(

Originally Posted by mtouchtone View Post

I had my planning call with the Miami office and it was ok but I still have a ton of un answered questions and the decor company hasn't replied to any of my questions.  Have you had any luck with them?

Cecilia from Alquimia has been very responsive to me!  What were you trying to figure out?  Maybe I have asked the same questions... =)

Originally Posted by mtouchtone View Post

I had my planning call with the Miami office and it was ok but I still have a ton of un answered questions and the decor company hasn't replied to any of my questions.  Have you had any luck with them?

I would tell whoever your working with at the Miami office that you have written x amount of emails to Perla and haven't heard back.  That's what I had to do, then she was very attentive to me... Still trying to finalize some items though.  What are you doing for the reception? Are you extending it?