The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)

where is everyone having their pictures taken?  any good back drops? I would say beach but tthere's not much of a beach to take group pics Also where are you having your cocktail hour?   Near the Gabi bridge? Indoors or Outdoors? Thanks I really need help my wedding is in July. So much to do!! with almost no help from anyone not even my bridesmaids or the Paradisus people.
OMG let me tell you I feel your pain!!!!! We fly out June 15 and I feel like there is still so much I have to do! I had a few minor issues in regards to the pricing of things but Jessica from Paradisus made sure JSAV kept to the pricing originally set out in the customization package I received at the time of my deposit. That being said - we only get the restaurant for 3 hours for the dinner/reception and same with the DJ - which is coming in at just shy of $1,300. I am so disappointed with the la k of communication from Alquimia I am considering having things privately ordered and shipped so I know exactly what is going to be there - it took over 2 weeks to actually get the proper response to my email - keep in mind though I needed to make the decisions ASAP so they could be added to my "extras" invoice!! Trying not to stress but with working full time and worrying about getting everything in order I'm gonna definitely need the vacation part of this wedding!!! Try not to worry too much, I just keep trying to think that they know what they're doing and do so many a year that everything will be fine - hopefully the other bride's experience was just an unfortunate mishap :( 24 days to go!!

Oh and as for cocktail hour I am doing that by the pool - hopefully - that was also an "if available" - for all the hassles the poolside better be freaking available!!!!! So outdoors before we do our dinner which will be in Hadar, then I guess we will just hit one of the lounges since we apparently have a time limit on the restaurant - hope that helps!! Also - do any brides know if children (under 1) who are attending get a dinner?? I'm assuming they would be able to get them something even if from the main buffet?? But any experience with this would be much appreciated!!!!

Hi Ladies, do any of you know if Paradisus allows us to bring in an outside makeup artist without having to pay that ridiculous $1000 fee? LadyBugg do you know how they will be serving the hor d'oeuvres, is it served to each guest or buffet style?

Hey Aury1214, 

I'm not sure if they would charge you - I think it would depend on whether the make-up artist is a guest of your wedding or not.

If it's one of your guests there would be no charge - BUT if it is someone from the PDC area I am thinking they would charge you as they would not be registered with the hotel so therefore would not be allowed on the property.

To avoid that (if that's the case) I would suggest just getting the artist a day pass and paying for that - not telling the resort why the person is coming, etc. If they say they are there to do your make-up I worry they would try to charge you the vendor fee.

As far as the hor's douvres I'm actually not too sure how they will be serving - we went with the Aqua package, but I assuming that they will be passing them out plated style as I was told they would replenish as needed? But then again that could mean that it is buffet style?

Congratulations! It's hard to hear that your day didn't go as well as you hoped; I'm sure your guests were amazed and had a great time! Hope the honeymoon was wonderful!

I am thinking of planning my wedding in November at the Paradisus. Because of the limited time and because we are having an East Indian wedding, I was hoping that the planning would be possible and easy, especially because they host so many weddings. I would really appreciate your complete candor and advice! I have less than 6 months to plan, and have very few venue choices now.  And did you find that everything had to spelled out in great detail in the contract prior to the deposit? Or is there a more detailed contract made after the deposit?

Thank you so much!

****Is anyone hosting or has been to an East Indian traditional wedding here? I need help finding mendhi artists, a priest, planning the sangeet and how to make Indian veg food options possible.  Thank you again!****

Originally Posted by Beach2013 View Post

Congratulations! It's hard to hear that your day didn't go as well as you hoped; I'm sure your guests were amazed and had a great time! Hope the honeymoon was wonderful!

I am thinking of planning my wedding in November at the Paradisus. Because of the limited time and because we are having an East Indian wedding, I was hoping that the planning would be possible and easy, especially because they host so many weddings. I would really appreciate your complete candor and advice! I have less than 6 months to plan, and have very few venue choices now.  And did you find that everything had to spelled out in great detail in the contract prior to the deposit? Or is there a more detailed contract made after the deposit?

Thank you so much!

****Is anyone hosting or has been to an East Indian traditional wedding here? I need help finding mendhi artists, a priest, planning the sangeet and how to make Indian veg food options possible.  Thank you again!****

Their vegetarian option is Indian =) 

Indian Vegetable Curry, Basmati Rice & Papadums

Ok ladies I am freaking out my wedding is in July (first week)

I am filled with anxiety. Somedays I don't even want to think about iwedding planning part(I def want to get married to the groom, just the pis poor planning of the paradisus team and disconnect is frustrating, they renegged on several things I was promised verbally)

SO besides that...

can someone tell me who's recently gotten married there? how did it go?? 
What is your sequence of events like? I still do not know what my guests will do once the ceremony ends and bride and groom walk back down the aisle.  Where do we meet? Do we go straight to pictures?  From our visit in Dec I was told the cocktail hour would be a 1 min walk away from ceremony which is NOT intuitive because you have to cross another bridge to get to cocktail set up. I hope they have signs pointing to the cocktail area.

did you use in house DJ? Did he do a good job of announcements and playing songs at the right time?

What's a typical sequence like?

ceremony-at gabi bridge

cocktail hour (meanwhile bride groom take pictures? with bridal party and family)

Reception- guests are seated

dj announces bridal party walking in, then the bride and groom

then off to first dance and mom/son father/daughter dance

then speeches or dinner first?

then dancing

ahhhhhhhhhhhh i have no help.  bridesmaids aren't helping well they can't. it's all done in MX so they have no real way to help.

I would truly appreciate it if you ladies would help

when I'm done with my wedding I'll def come back and report back.

I'm sure there will be hiccups on the day but I want to have minimal and not major ones.

many thanks in advance!!

PS if someone would be so kind to show me their pictures that would be even better :)

Originally Posted by imnotarunner View Post

I am filled with anxiety. Somedays I don't even want to think about iwedding planning part(I def want to get married to the groom, just the pis poor planning of the paradisus team and disconnect is frustrating, they renegged on several things I was promised verbally)

SO besides that...

What is your sequence of events like? I still do not know what my guests will do once the ceremony ends and bride and groom walk back down the aisle.  Where do we meet? Do we go straight to pictures?  From our visit in Dec I was told the cocktail hour would be a 1 min walk away from ceremony which is NOT intuitive because you have to cross another bridge to get to cocktail set up. I hope they have signs pointing to the cocktail area.

did you use in house DJ? Did he do a good job of announcements and playing songs at the right time?

ceremony-at gabi bridge

cocktail hour (meanwhile bride groom take pictures? with bridal party and family)

then dancing

ahhhhhhhhhhhh i have no help.  bridesmaids aren't helping well they can't. it's all done in MX so they have no real way to help.

I'm sure there will be hiccups on the day but I want to have minimal and not major ones.

many thanks in advance!!

PS if someone would be so kind to show me their pictures that would be even better :)

Originally Posted by imnotarunner View Post

SO besides that...

ceremony-at gabi bridge

then dancing

many thanks in advance!!

I'm not sure how much of a help I can be, but I can weigh in that we scheduled our ceremony on the bridge at 3:30 and cocktail hour to start at 5:00 so we don't miss it.  Figure 30 mins for ceremony and hellos with everyone, and then an hour to take pics.  Since it's all inclusive, they can go find a bar somewhere in between.

I think if you want signs you will have to bring them.  I know a few ladies on the forum bought some on Vistaprint with Groupons. 

I am flying in a DJ from New Jersey, so thankfully I don't need to worry about all of the order of everything, he is a wedding DJ so he's very familiar.  I had a call with him the other day and he said we should get everything done at first (all the dances, then speeches), then dinner and dancing.  I recently went to a wedding where they had to postpone the speeches until much later (grooms father fainted) and it was not the best scenario.  After people had a few drinks they were much less interested in hearing what the best man had to say.  It was sad, really.

The guy I have been dealing with to rent the AV equipment, Ruben, seems very knowledgeable and experienced.  I would default to them on any questions regarding the order.

Thank you for taking the time to reply !!! I am so afraid people will be bored at our wedding we only have 24 people attending. everyone backed out last minute.  I'm freaking out cuz I don't feel like the planners are competent since they change their stories on me frequently and hand me off to a new person.

Who was your on site coordinator?  I was told my onsite coordinator will not be the same one as my tasting because she's getting married the same week. So everything we discussed better be written down :(

Originally Posted by ladybugg View Post

OMG let me tell you I feel your pain!!!!! We fly out June 15 and I feel like there is still so much I have to do!

I had a few minor issues in regards to the pricing of things but Jessica from Paradisus made sure JSAV kept to the pricing originally set out in the customization package I received at the time of my deposit. That being said - we only get the restaurant for 3 hours for the dinner/reception and same with the DJ - which is coming in at just shy of $1,300.

I am so disappointed with the la k of communication from Alquimia I am considering having things privately ordered and shipped so I know exactly what is going to be there - it took over 2 weeks to actually get the proper response to my email - keep in mind though I needed to make the decisions ASAP so they could be added to my "extras" invoice!!

Trying not to stress but with working full time and worrying about getting everything in order I'm gonna definitely need the vacation part of this wedding!!!

Try not to worry too much, I just keep trying to think that they know what they're doing and do so many a year that everything will be fine - hopefully the other bride's experience was just an unfortunate mishap sad.gif

24 days to go!!

OOOh man everyone is stressing out.  I hope everythings smoothes itself over for you and all the brides to be. I can't help but have anxiety since my wedding is a month away. AHHHHHHh

Paradisus keeps randomly charging my fiance's credit card without telling him.  These people are ridiculous. If I could turn back time I would have picked a different resort. Just being honest.

Can you tell I'm frustrated.