Photo

The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#191 bluelenscaribe

bluelenscaribe
  • Vendor
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi Brides!!

We invite to check the latest work of Martina at Paradisus!!!

#192 Ana Lopez

Ana Lopez
    • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

I choose the chill-out chick package. But I'm changing the color theme :)

#193 Jessica Kazn

Jessica Kazn
      • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hi everyone,

I booked my wedding on Nov 2, 2013 and I'm a bit over whelmed. The thread has been helpful but I'm still not sure where I should go from here. I chose the Tailor Made package and the Gabi club because I have a few children attending the wedding. Does Paradisus charge a lot more for the decor then what they originally give you? I'm in the process of sending out save the dates I was wondering how soon should I send out the invitations.

Thank in advance 

Jessica

#194 ChilliPeppa

ChilliPeppa
        • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hi

I have found this thread extremely useful and interesting, however I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything.  We are planning to get married at the Paradisus La Esmeralda in April 2014 and Lauren has emailed me all the details and now I just need to pay the deposit and book.

Before we book I really would appreciate any advice, comments or photos etc.  Due to the expense of flying from the UK, we are only going to have around 14 guests and are considering having the Chill Out Chic package, but possibly changing the colour theme if this is possible?  Do they charge to change the colour theme?  Will it look a bit silly having so few guests?  We will only have 2 witnessess in our party who aren't family, so will have to find a couple of witnesses and are hoping we meet some nice people at the hotel to invite to be the additional witnesses. We understand that the witnesses cannot be related to either of us.  Does this include say a sister in law etc?  Can a sister in law be a witness, or are they considered to be family?

Where is the best place to get married?  We have been offered the choice of beach, boardwalk or garden gazebo with a reception either poolside or ballroom.  We will have children in our wedding party and want them to be allowed to be part of everything too.  I have no idea which location to choose. 

I'm starting to find all this a bit stressful and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

#195 ChilliPeppa

ChilliPeppa
          • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Hi

I am also feeling overwhelmed but have found this thread extremely useful and appreciate all the information provided.  I have some questions please:

As we have children in our party what location options are available to us for the wedding and also the reception?  We will only be having approx 16 guests including children.

We want a ceremony that is legal in the UK where we live so have opted for the civil ceremony, however the information from Lauren at the Paradisus La Esmeralda states that the ceremony is done in Spanish and translated into English.  Did anyone else have this?  Is it a bit odd?

I have no idea what time to have our wedding, but we like being outside and aren't really indoors type people so any ideas very welcome.

In general ALL advice, comments and photos etc are VERY welcome.  I know it is a long way off, but we are looking to book very soon for April 2014.

Many Thanks

Sharon

#196 jennmariegarcia

jennmariegarcia
            • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi Anisha, I was wondering if you could email me the video you have of the beach? My email address is jennifergarcia@kw.com

I recently read reviews on tripadvisor bashing the beach at the resort, a little bummed to read about complaints of what looks so nice in pictures.  Are there are a lot of rocks in the water, where you able to swim or walk out in the ocean? Pictures look like it is a calm beautiful ocean but the rock complaint seems to be coming up over and over again in the reviews and am hoping they are just exaggerating. Thanks!

#197 jennmariegarcia

jennmariegarcia
              • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ana Lopez 

Hi Ladies,
                My wedding is booked for May 2013 at Paradisus. I was wondering if anyone knows if there's an extra charge if you wanted to have a rehearsal dinner.
                Thank you!!!

Hi Ana I have an email Jessica from the US Romance Dept sent me regarding rhersal dinners, I can email it over to you like

#198 jennmariegarcia

jennmariegarcia
                • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChilliPeppa 

Hi

I am also feeling overwhelmed but have found this thread extremely useful and appreciate all the information provided.  I have some questions please:

As we have children in our party what location options are available to us for the wedding and also the reception?  We will only be having approx 16 guests including children.

We want a ceremony that is legal in the UK where we live so have opted for the civil ceremony, however the information from Lauren at the Paradisus La Esmeralda states that the ceremony is done in Spanish and translated into English.  Did anyone else have this?  Is it a bit odd?

I have no idea what time to have our wedding, but we like being outside and aren't really indoors type people so any ideas very welcome.

In general ALL advice, comments and photos etc are VERY welcome.  I know it is a long way off, but we are looking to book very soon for April 2014.

Many Thanks

Sharon

Hi Sharon I know it easy to feel overwhelmed lots more to consider then you initially realize but you are not alone! Regarding the civil ceremony in Spanish that is required to get married anywhere in Mexico in order for it to be legal. We want a legal ceremony and are doing the same thing.

Lauren from Paradisus should be able to email you the options of the ceremony and reception locations that will show you what is family friendly, if she does not I can send you a copy just send me your email address. Also not sure if you saw my post from before but check out this website http://www.facebook....sPlayaDelCarmen it has many pictures of recent weddings at the resort with various locations, beach, boardwalk, gazebo, pool area, etc. I think we are having the ceremony on the boardwalk bridge so you can see the ocean in the pictures and not sure of reception yet, I wanted the Gazebo but they wont confirm availability until we get closer to our wedding date.

I don't think there is charge to change colors theme of the chill out chic package and no it would not look silly having 14 guests, its your wedding celebrate with the ones who come regardless of the amount of guests. It will be memorable no matter what! Also not sure about the witnesses, email Lauren though from Paradisus, she will be able to answer your question, that's what they are there for.  I find that they have been very responsive in answering my questions promptly. Best of luck :)

#199 Kris10Bshaw

Kris10Bshaw
                  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Hi Jennmariegarcia,

Could you email me over the email about the rehearsal dinners?  I am about to put my deposit in today and I just want to make sure I have all of the costs covered before I do.  Thanks so much

kristenbshaw@gmail.com

#200 ChilliPeppa

ChilliPeppa
                    • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hi Anisha

Please could you email the video that you took of the beach. sjlewell@hotmail.com.  I have also  been reading the recent reviews on Trip Advisor and am panicking like mad!!

Thank you so much for all your help Jennifer.  It really is appreciated.  Lauren has emailed me lots of documents to look through today and I will certainly take a look at that Facebook page.  I wish I could just relax and not worry so much, but easier said than done!  I hope I'm not like this until April 2014 when we go!!!

So glad that I found this site and particularly this thread.  Thanks so much everyone.

Sharon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users