Photo

The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#141 Sarah W

Sarah W
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by TonyNTina 

Hi everyone! I am in the beginning stages of planning my wedding at the paradisus. Does anyone have the number for the contact in Miami? I am trying to get more information on pricing and reception locations. Thank you! :) 

If you go to the website you can email a request to the WC department and someone will contact you.  I haven't had the best luck getting all the details from them.  After 10 or so emails I finally was given attachments breaking down every cost that could be associated with the wedding day.  This was only after I gave the 20+ questions pertaining to every detail.  I still have no idea about the wedding cake and set-up etc.  Maybe I ask to many questions!!!

The venues they offer are not specified online and when I asked where the reception is being held at La Perla they said poolside pavilion.  There are no images (that I know of) online to show this location.  Decor, flowers, table settings (upgraded) are all at an additonal cost.

I ended up contacting Wright Travel agency (this sites TA) and they were very helpful and quoted cheaper rooms that the resort.

I ended up going back to the Punta Cana resort after being told the Tailor Made package still only offers the poolside pavilion for the recpetion. 

#142 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
    • 236 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi are prices per plate for reception same for adults and children?

#143 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
      • 236 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

if you book a package you are only allowed x amoutn of people  (for example Tailor Made is 35 guests and Aqua -25 guests) so iof you have more guests it's about 100 extra per person over that number. so how are brides handling this? Just paying out of pocket? is there anyway for a discount?

#144 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
        • 209 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

I have the additional services document and the ceremony/reception location options! If anyone wants them I am happy to send them over, just PM me your email. We chose to do the chill out chic package to keep things simple. We are expecting close to 30 people and the add on fee for every addition person is $70. We are just adding these costs on to our wedding fund. Hope this info helps....

#145 KK2013

KK2013
          • 244 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
          • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by imnotarunner 

if you book a package you are only allowed x amoutn of people  (for example Tailor Made is 35 guests and Aqua -25 guests) so iof you have more guests it's about 100 extra per person over that number. so how are brides handling this? Just paying out of pocket? is there anyway for a discount?

There is no discount (I asked...especially since I am anticipating that many of my guests will be staying at the resort).  The $120pp, however, does include the welcome BBQ as well. Not sure if that takes the sting out a little :)

#146 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
          • 236 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

thanks ladies!!

any one hiring a DJ?  I would love to hire DJ that's recommended by brides on BDW but Paradisus charges 1000 vendor fee from what I understand. I really want that lighted dance floor too.  Can anyone share wtih me the current rate of their inhouse DJ or a DJ you're hiring? Was there a way to avoid the vendor fee? Can't we just pay for a day pass like every normal hoteL?
            Thanks!

#147 KK2013

KK2013
            • 244 posts
            • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

The light up dance floor I think is $850 to rent.  I don't think there is any room for negotiating the $1000 vendor fee, but it's worth a shot =)  The in house DJ has a few options between $1000-$2000 depending on the options, both for 3 hours.  each additional hour is $155. You pay separately for an MC.  Hope this helps!

#148 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
            • 236 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

thanks KK2013

#149 anisha

anisha
              • 49 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm back - sorry I was MIA for a while since I got back from La Perla.

I took a video from my phone of the beach area where they set up the weddings for you guys - PM me  your email if you want it and I'll send your way.

Overall thoughts of the resort:

Rooms are amazing - really nice, clean, modern and spacious.  We stayed in Royal Service which was a nice little upgrade.

Food is really great - we are foodies and we thought overall the food was superb.  We also ate at the paid restaurant Passion - we did the tasting menu and it was really something special - we really enjoyed it.

Service - everyone is super friendly and helpful

Grounds - could be better.  The property is new so not everything has had all the time to become as lush as i have seen on other properties. It's still pretty, just needs more time to fill out.

Beach - to be honest, I thought the beach was pretty lame.  It's very narrow (not a lot of sand between the start of it to the ocean, and there was a lot of seaweed.  The water was very pretty, but the beach was kinda meh.  I laid out there one day for a nap for a couple hours but didn't go into the water.  There is food and drink service on the beach which is good.  Also there are public beaches on both sides of the resort beach area which causes some noise if you're trying to get some R&R. 

Pools- really nice overall

Not sure what else to share but feel free to ask me questions - I just got back a couple weeks ago so it is fresh on my mind.

-A

Attached Files

#150 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
                • 209 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hi Ladies! I'm back - sorry I was MIA for a while since I got back from La Perla. I took a video from my phone of the beach area where they set up the weddings for you guys - PM me  your email if you want it and I'll send your way. Overall thoughts of the resort: Rooms are amazing - really nice, clean, modern and spacious.  We stayed in Royal Service which was a nice little upgrade. Food is really great - we are foodies and we thought overall the food was superb.  We also ate at the paid restaurant Passion - we did the tasting menu and it was really something special - we really enjoyed it. Service - everyone is super friendly and helpful Grounds - could be better.  The property is new so not everything has had all the time to become as lush as i have seen on other properties. It's still pretty, just needs more time to fill out. Beach - to be honest, I thought the beach was pretty lame.  It's very narrow (not a lot of sand between the start of it to the ocean, and there was a lot of seaweed.  The water was very pretty, but the beach was kinda meh.  I laid out there one day for a nap for a couple hours but didn't go into the water.  There is food and drink service on the beach which is good.  Also there are public beaches on both sides of the resort beach area which causes some noise if you're trying to get some R&R.  Pools- really nice overall Not sure what else to share but feel free to ask me questions - I just got back a couple weeks ago so it is fresh on my mind. -A

I'm glad that you had great things to say about the resort! I was wondering about the gabi bridge.....you mentioned that something about it you where going to share later? Did they change something? I'm dying to know I have my ceremony scheduled there! Glad you had a good time and for being such a great help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users