Photo

The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#101 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hola! Paradisus is claiming it's a three night stay for outside photographer Do you have this one night requirement documented? Imnotarunner at gmail dot com

#102 Rola Nabhan

Rola Nabhan
    • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hi,

In regards to the beach- I actually was thinking of having the welcome BBQ on the beach ( I have about 60-80 people coming).  With tables and chairs and buffets stand , It thought it might be too narrow- Im still thinking about this.  Dont get me wrong its a large beach area, and you can def host the ceremoney on the beach.  In december they are hosting a 450 person ceromoney on the Beach (yes I repeat 450)...so dont worry you are ok to have the ceromoney.   I heard the same thing about the photographer needing to stay a 3 night min- I decided to just go with Blue lens. 

In regards to the rates- yes they have gone up. I had my travel agent blook rooms at the group rate last week so we are good to go..I am getting married in May which is different prices than Feb-

The DJ we are worrking with is J&S Productions- seems pretty good.  Let me point out that the music (even in the lobby areas) is all in english.  They have a team set up to control music in the entire resort, from the lounges to the lobby areas.  The hotel prides itself with the music as they want to come off very modern Nyc chic- The resort does an incredible job with music- Even the DJ at the gabi club was awesome. I am from NJ so we are super picky about music.  I dont think they would work with a DJ that isnt top notch. 

#103 Rola Nabhan

Rola Nabhan
      • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

Btw- does anyone know how to change your profile name? I dont want my full name showing- tried to edit thru profile, but no options to change

#104 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
        • 209 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hi, In regards to the beach- I actually was thinking of having the welcome BBQ on the beach ( I have about 60-80 people coming).  With tables and chairs and buffets stand , It thought it might be too narrow- Im still thinking about this.  Dont get me wrong its a large beach area, and you can def host the ceremoney on the beach.  In december they are hosting a 450 person ceromoney on the Beach (yes I repeat 450)...so dont worry you are ok to have the ceromoney.   I heard the same thing about the photographer needing to stay a 3 night min- I decided to just go with Blue lens.  In regards to the rates- yes they have gone up. I had my travel agent blook rooms at the group rate last week so we are good to go..I am getting married in May which is different prices than Feb- The DJ we are worrking with is J&S Productions- seems pretty good.  Let me point out that the music (even in the lobby areas) is all in english.  They have a team set up to control music in the entire resort, from the lounges to the lobby areas.  The hotel prides itself with the music as they want to come off very modern Nyc chic- The resort does an incredible job with music- Even the DJ at the gabi club was awesome. I am from NJ so we are super picky about music.  I dont think they would work with a DJ that isnt top notch. 

Thanks for the beach advice! Put me at ease! We went with blue lens too...make it easy and they have some great work! How exciting, 60-80 people! That's awesome your going to have a wonderful time! Can't wait to see this place!

#105 Estefania

Estefania
          • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Thank you so much for the info. I'm so glad that the ceremony is possible on the beach.  I have about 50 guest so i think it would work perfect!  

#106 tashaw

tashaw
            • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hi All,

I am so excited i found this site! I am learning so much! My FI and I just put our deposit down last week! YAY! You guys all seem to be so far ahead on your planning, i feel like such a slacker.

Anyway, just found out about the outside vendor fee. OMG! I wasnt planning on using BlueLens either, what a bummer!

As fantastic as the hotel is, our experience with the US representatives has been far less than ideal, really look forward to working with the hotel reps directly.

We have selected the beach for the ceremony, but i have not received any information on reception venues. Does anybody have pictures they are willing to share?

Thank you bunches!

#107 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

Here is an aerial of the resort:

you can find more resort pictures and information on a BDW Exclusive here.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#108 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
              • 209 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Love this pictures! Thanks for posting them!

#109 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
                • 236 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

You know what's ridiculous...for them to charge so much for everything when the place is in the ghetto. I dont mean a not so rich area, I mean shacks and corrugated metal for walls and roofs. It's shady as heck. You would not want to wander outside this compound.

when our taxi pulled up I really wanted to tell him to just turn around because I didnt' want to bother seeing the property.

#110 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
                  • 206 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hi Guys,

Would anyone happen to have the a la carte options and pricings? thanks.

Lady E

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users