Photo

The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#91 Rola Nabhan

Rola Nabhan
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

Congrats to the Brides that have recently booked!!!!!! Apparantly the pics i took on my IPAD are useless b/c I am having trouble emailing them out to everyone...sorry ladies....I am now getting ready to send my save the dates out- does anyone know what information we need to include in them? I am going to include my travel agents info but was thinking of including prices as well (since thats everyones question)- what do you guys think?

#92 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
    • 209 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

On my save the date I included our website that talked about the resort and gave info on our travel agent. I didn't include prices on the website....I figured if they want to know they have to call him and if they really want to go...they will call! Here's our website for an example: www.carlsonhughes.ourwedding.com Hope this helps!

#93 Rola Nabhan

Rola Nabhan
      • 43 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Jenna - amazing website!!! you two look great!!!!! I might have to copy you...lol

#94 Estefania

Estefania
        • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hello to all my Brides-to-be!

I want to thank you all for the information you are sharing. To Jenna: Thank you for sharing your Website...I'm going crazy creating mine, but yours is helping me tons!

To Rola: Thank you so much for sharing with everyone your experience on your round visit.  I really want our ceremony on the beach...you think is too small--i cant picture it.

#95 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
          • 209 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

I was also wanting to have my ceremony on the beach! Do you feel that its too small for say 30 quests?

Attached Files

#96 anisha

anisha
            • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hi ladies:

I originally wanted to have my wedding on the beach but then saw the GABI bridge and fell in love with it!  If you guys want me to take some pics of the beach when I am there next month, I'd be happy to do so - maybe that would give you a good idea of how large it is.  I know there have been weddings on the beach there and I don't think it is so small that it has been an issue.  If that is what you really want I'm sure you can make it work!

In other news, I've noticed the hotel rates have SKYROCKETED for my dates and I'm super-worried about it!  We haven't even booked our stay for the wedding yet, and we have to do it first before any of our guests, so I'm pretty nervous.  Hopefully they will come down some in the next few months - I can't believe how much they have jumped.  Has anyone else run into this issue at all that might be able to lend some advice?

~A

#97 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
              • 209 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

I would pics of the beach that would great! Thank you so much! I haven't run into that issue with prices but it could be that I haven't talked to my travel agent recently! Makes me want to call him right now haha. Hopefully they get better for your Feb wedding!

#98 Estefania

Estefania
                • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi Anisha,

Yes! please, if you can, I would love to see some pictures of the beach.  I'm a little nervous now bc our wedding it's going to be in June and I'm afraid the weather is going to make the reception in the Gazebo an unpleasant experience.

#99 Rissa5308

Rissa5308
                  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

Anisha,

I am having my wedding there on the 22nd of February! we will probably cross paths!

I have reserved Del Sol photography and they recommended getting a room for them for the night which is much cheaper than paying for the off site photographer. Just a suggestion in case you still want to use them.

:)

#100 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
                    • 236 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Can I just vent about the ridiculous vendor fee of 1000 usd that's right US dollars not pesos !!!! W. t. F??? I am so livid. Other resorts like the Royal charge 350. Or they want a 3 night stay?!?? Come on the photographer lives down the road and would rather be with his family at night. This is so frustrating! Any way around this? Imnotarunner at gmail dot com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users