Photo

Fantastic Wedding Planning Book!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 aquamaniac

aquamaniac
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

My friend had her wedding in Mexico this past January, and she just gave me the secret to her wedding organization, a fantastic book! It's titled "Destination Wedding Planner: The to Ultimate Guide to Planning a Wedding from Afar" by Alison Hotchkiss.

The chapters basically take you through the process of DW planning, and it has neat little pockets to store papers, pictures, receipts, etc! I found it in Canada at Chapters for $24, and if you need me to send you a picture of the front cover please PM me your email.

#2 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

I will head to chapters to check it out!!! hopefully it's there!!!!

Originally Posted by aquamaniac 

My friend had her wedding in Mexico this past January, and she just gave me the secret to her wedding organization, a fantastic book! It's titled "Destination Wedding Planner: The to Ultimate Guide to Planning a Wedding from Afar" by Alison Hotchkiss.

The chapters basically take you through the process of DW planning, and it has neat little pockets to store papers, pictures, receipts, etc! I found it in Canada at Chapters for $24, and if you need me to send you a picture of the front cover please PM me your email.

#3 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
      • 995 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

not sure if amazon ships to canada...but i just found it online here in the states for $13.57...i plan to place my order now.

it might be available at borders..which is going out of business..for a steal...

R~

#4 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

Amazon does ship to Canada!!!! I never knew borders was going out of business!!!!

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

not sure if amazon ships to canada...but i just found it online here in the states for $13.57...i plan to place my order now.

it might be available at borders..which is going out of business..for a steal...

R~

#5 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
          • 215 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

Thats the one I have but haven't really bothered to look at it. I will now though!!

#6 aquamaniac

aquamaniac
            • 239 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

Time to crack the book then! Lol

I've actually found its a great way to get my FI involved, at the start of chapter 2 where you can choose the words that you want to describe you wedding, we did it together and I was very pleasantly surprised with his answers, it was fun!

Originally Posted by Laurelyn 

Thats the one I have but haven't really bothered to look at it. I will now though!!

#7 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

I have been looking for a book like this but all the ones are mostly about weddings held locally, not destination weddings.  I will defiantly check it out!

#8 Cnicole51911

Cnicole51911
              • Site Supporter
              • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Iam buying this now, thank you!!

#9 joda

joda
                • 205 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

I have been looking for a specific destination wedding planner as well, thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely check it out!

#10 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
                  • 206 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

Ooo Thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users