• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#941 MJKH

MJKH
  • Site Supporter
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hi TLS!

That is a great tip for any brides using peacock feathers...they can be quite expensive.  My trips to Dollarama have been a bit pathetic lately...either I find absolutely nothing, or I'm there on my lunch hour and the lines are so long I walk out with nothing.  I noticed Advil and Tylenol tubes the other day...lots of them.

In all your crafting, have you ever used a drill to put holes into shells (to pull a ribbon thru)?  Looking for some tips...think I'll do the smallest drill bit first and work my way up, but wondering about using masking tape on either side of the shell to keep it from cracking or chipping.

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Just wanted to let any of the peacock theme brides out there know that dollarama was just putting out LARGE peacock feather picks fort of today in the craft section.  They would look AWESOME in centrepieces or vases!!!!

#942 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
    • 423 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

Okay Ladies,

I know we've talked about this before but I'm sort of in a crisis right now and need HELP!

We just found out that our (local) photographers may not be coming with us to Jamaica anymore!

So what photographer from Canada are you bringing down with you? Or if your are going to Jamaica, which local artist have you chosen?

#943 amjohnson

amjohnson
      • Site Supporter
      • 340 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hi Tamandrob,

I haven't made the tags yet, going to make them on vistaprint, when I am ready to do one last big order. But I have attached a word doc with a few different sayings that I found on here.

Check out the thread called Maraca Favor Tags. There is a photo of a bride's tags.

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Thanks for sharing and for the great ideas! I am leaning more toward doing favors now after hearing all your great ideas!

Amjohnson I would love to see the note/tag, thanks! 

I have heard it is hard to get starfish shipped to Canada, where did you get yours from? Also I have heard about them smelling too but maybe that was more shells then starfish?

Janet I Love your saying very cute! 

Attached Files

#944 amjohnson

amjohnson
        • Site Supporter
        • 340 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by amjohnson 

Hi Tamandrob,

I haven't made the tags yet, going to make them on vistaprint, when I am ready to do one last big order. But I have attached a word doc with a few different sayings that I found on here.

Check out the thread called Maraca Favor Tags. There is a photo of a bride's tags.

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Thanks for sharing and for the great ideas! I am leaning more toward doing favors now after hearing all your great ideas!

Amjohnson I would love to see the note/tag, thanks! 

I have heard it is hard to get starfish shipped to Canada, where did you get yours from? Also I have heard about them smelling too but maybe that was more shells then starfish?

Janet I Love your saying very cute! 

Tamandrob,

I have attached tags I made using Powerpoint. I used the same image as the bride in the Maraca favor tag thread. I am going to print them then copy them double sided so I can fold them into a booklet like tag.

As for the starfish, I got my larger ones from Michaels' they were the garland they had. It seems they don't carry them now that summer is over. I did find smaller ones, two different types at a store here, Chintz and company, a home interior store. I may use the smaller ones, that I painted with pearlized paint and glitter as place card holders.

The starfish did smell but I put them outside. Someone had said to put them in the oven on low heat...I didn't try that. I found that once I painted them that the smell went away for the most part.

I sent myself a photo of my painted starfish and shells to show you ladies....still hasn't showed up in my in box. Will post it tomorrow. nite nite!

Attached Files

#945 tamandrob

tamandrob
          • 349 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:18 AM

Thanks for the tag ideas, going to check out that thread now!

And thanks for the starfish info!! I still haven't figured out what I want to do....

Originally Posted by amjohnson 

Tamandrob,

I have attached tags I made using Powerpoint. I used the same image as the bride in the Maraca favor tag thread. I am going to print them then copy them double sided so I can fold them into a booklet like tag.

As for the starfish, I got my larger ones from Michaels' they were the garland they had. It seems they don't carry them now that summer is over. I did find smaller ones, two different types at a store here, Chintz and company, a home interior store. I may use the smaller ones, that I painted with pearlized paint and glitter as place card holders.

The starfish did smell but I put them outside. Someone had said to put them in the oven on low heat...I didn't try that. I found that once I painted them that the smell went away for the most part.

I sent myself a photo of my painted starfish and shells to show you ladies....still hasn't showed up in my in box. Will post it tomorrow. nite nite!

Attached Files

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#946 tamandrob

tamandrob
            • 349 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

I am using a local photographer, here is the website

Okay Ladies,

I know we've talked about this before but I'm sort of in a crisis right now and need HELP!

We just found out that our (local) photographers may not be coming with us to Jamaica anymore!

So what photographer from Canada are you bringing down with you? Or if your are going to Jamaica, which local artist have you chosen?

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#947 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
              • 335 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

I have a local photographer coming with us for the week of Jan 7th-14th, but I know they're already booked up the week before.  I've heard fabulous things from a lot of brides about Merrick Cousley.  He might be worth a shot!  Good luck! 

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

Okay Ladies,

#948 anudrm

anudrm
                • 760 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

I got my M&Ms earlier this week, they are so adorable!! They will go into our OOT bags

Originally Posted by kat2012 

We are doing personalized M&Ms for our AHR!

#949 kat2012

kat2012
                  • 602 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

I can't wait to order mine. what colours did you use? Was picture visible enough?

Originally Posted by anudrm 

I got my M&Ms earlier this week, they are so adorable!! They will go into our OOT bags

#950 amjohnson

amjohnson
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 340 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

Hi Ladies,

So I saw something really cool today for centerpieces either at your DW or at your AHR. Safeway has purple and green chinese lantern branches(dried) for sale in buckets. I wish those were my colors!!! I may try and locate some that I can paint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users