Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#851 CdnBeatPrincess

CdnBeatPrincess
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:57 AM

Thanks Janet! Now that my best friend's wedding is over, I'll start tyring to plan my own. Sooo busy at work right now! I'm working over time before work and after work/ Plus helping out more at my part-time gig. I don't know how you girls do it.

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

awwww thanks CdnBeatPrincess....I'm sure you are talented you just have to have the help and inspiration from other brides ;) 

#852 amjohnson

amjohnson
    • Site Supporter
    • 340 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hi Ladies,

I need to share or vent. So my fiance's best man, his stepbrother called him from the UK today to tell him that he can't come to our wedding!!! Understandably he lost his job a month or so again but it is really upsetting for us as we are not having a lot of people and his wife is one of my bridesmaids!! We are hoping his family may offer to help out...trying to keep positive thoughts.

#853 Camy47

Camy47
      • 104 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

Amjohnson, I know how much this sux...but unfortunately it is the reality of a destination wedding. We did everything we could to try and ensure certain friends/relatives could attend including letting them know over a year in advance, offering to help pay etc. and we still had some ppl drop out after they had told us they would come. One of these individuals was my FI's best man. Even though we knew that this could happen from the start, it was still hard. You just have to remember that regardless of WHERE you have your wedding, there will always be people who cannot attend. Stay positive....I'm still keeping my fingers crossed we win 649 before the wedding! :)

Originally Posted by amjohnson 

Hi Ladies,

I need to share or vent. So my fiance's best man, his stepbrother called him from the UK today to tell him that he can't come to our wedding!!! Understandably he lost his job a month or so again but it is really upsetting for us as we are not having a lot of people and his wife is one of my bridesmaids!! We are hoping his family may offer to help out...trying to keep positive thoughts.

#854 Camy47

Camy47
        • 104 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:42 AM

So I was just on the Air Canada web site checking baggage dimensions and noticed that the executive class allowance has changed from 3 bags to 2 bags!!! Tickets issued before September 7 or travel before October 11, 2011 still get the 3 bags free.

Just thought I'd let you all know b/c this might make a big difference to some brides flying on AC and planning on bringing decorations etc. down with them!

#855 beachbum21

beachbum21
          • 438 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

That sucks.

I am assuming that means all of their new luggage restrictions will be in effect for weddings next year. Not happy with Air Canada whatsoever. They have turned out to be the worst! No flexiblity, wouldn't allow my guests to upgrade resorts without impacting my concession, and now the luggage thing. I wish I had booked with another tour operator.

Originally Posted by Camy47 

So I was just on the Air Canada web site checking baggage dimensions and noticed that the executive class allowance has changed from 3 bags to 2 bags!!! Tickets issued before September 7 or travel before October 11, 2011 still get the 3 bags free.

Just thought I'd let you all know b/c this might make a big difference to some brides flying on AC and planning on bringing decorations etc. down with them!

#856 bride6262

bride6262
            • 582 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

I feel your pain. My FI had a groomsman say very quickly that yes he would stand up but now has told us he cant go because of finances. I understand that some ppl arent able to afford to go that is just a reality of a destination wedding. BUT what angers me is that they so quickly say YES to stand up and dont realise that they cause my FI to be upset because now they recount.

Originally Posted by amjohnson 

Hi Ladies,

#857 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
              • Vendor
              • 183 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hi Ladies!

Just wondering if any Toronto brides are planning on attending The Civilized Bride bridal show on Friday, October 21st?

#858 NamasteLotus

NamasteLotus
                • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

Ann-Marit!! Hi Sweetie.... ;)  I was a late joiner to the site LOL... yes, so excited, just 17 days till departure and 22 till the wedding... frantically trying to get all the loose ends taken care of .... Send you message on FB to catch up xo

#859 NamasteLotus

NamasteLotus
                  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

Me too..seems my stress levels are constantly riding high and I'm going cocoloco too LOL

I know how you feel!! we leave the 22nd and get married the 25th...soooooooooooooo much to do i am going coo-coo

#860 NamasteLotus

NamasteLotus
                    • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

Thanks Camy.... we didn't make that cutoff...guess I'll be sharing the wealth with more people than I thought LOL :(

Originally Posted by Camy47 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users