3739 replies to this topic

#721 Camy47

Camy47
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

LOVE these!!! Thanks for sharing...

Originally Posted by GingerBluePetal 

Hey ladies,

Whoever said Destination Weddings are stress free clearly hasn't planned one or been a Destination Wedding bride! Last minute (and often uninvited) guests are a fairly regular occurrence in this office so we've come up with all sorts of creative solutions for that problem!!!

I actually got these coasters for my entire team at Blue Petal Weddings! Sometimes we need reminding as well, it's a much more emotional job then booking corporate travel or vacations, that's for sure!

Happy planning!

Ginger Blum

coaster.jpg

#722 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

Since they do not let outside photographers and you are not impressed with the on sight photographers work AND you have a generous photography budget I would definitely start looking into bringing a photographer with you.  Have you checked out photogs in your hometown?  This is the best option as you are able to meet with them personally and discuss what you are looking for.  When we were doing this we found many photogs will get you to pay for your trip AND their regular fees but some will get your to pay for their trip and a "discounted fee" for their services.  There are pros and cons to both options so it is important to get all the details.  For example some of the photographers we spoke to would photograph ALL WEEK LONG.  This was awesome as you would have tons of pictures of your guests (family and friends) and yourselves not JUST from the wedding day.  This would also allow for an excursion photo opportunity, TTD etc.  This can only be said for SOME as some said even though you were paying for their trip and photo fees they would only cover X amount of hours during the trip.  Since you have a good photography budget to work with I would outline the expectations you have ie. TTD session, full day wedding coverage, excursion photos, do you want prints? Albums? or are you ok with a disc?  Videographer... etc.

Once you have these things figured out start looking at photographers work both in your city/province or outside if you like.  Once you have selected some work you like contact those photographers and determine who best suits your needs, budget and expectations!

Best of luck!!!!

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 

Were getting married at the Mayan Rivieria at the Gran Bahia Akumal in May 2012. The resort does not allow outside photographers unless they are staying at the resort. I would love to have the ceremony, TTD, and maybe an excursion photographed. Our budget is around $4000-$5000 :).

There are two versions of tissue pomanders.  I made a bunch of these for my best friends wedding, we used them as "aisle markers" in the church.  I have a green one I made at home sitting on a vase.  

This is the version I prefer the look of.  This is just one tutorial but depending how you cut or shape the "petals" the pomander can have a completely different look

Hey Ladies!! I found this really cool DIY project from a fellow knottie and thought I share it with you!! I think I might do this for the chairs along the aisle. I've also found a girl on Etsy that made pomander balls out of tissue paper, which may be better for our travels as the pomander balls arrives flat to you and then you would need to "fluff" it up. Here's the website!

http://sabrinasplann...nder-balls.html

#723 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
      • 270 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

those coasters are great!!

:)

Holly

#724 kat2012

kat2012
        • 602 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

I need some help from you girls!

I am trying to decide on reception dress and I can't make a decision. I will order it in ivory.

Please, let me know which one you like more

a-line-bridesmaid-dress-strapless-chiffon-tea-length-1338066-yfbig.jpgAAAADJKZNbEAAAAAAPHgkg.jpgbridesmaid-dresses-beautiful-chiffon-knee-girdle-1254962-yfbig.jpg

#725 luvmoo

luvmoo
          • 503 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

Ohh i like the first one!!!!!

Originally Posted by kat2012 

I am trying to decide on reception dress and I can't make a decision. I will order it in ivory.

a-line-bridesmaid-dress-strapless-chiffon-tea-length-1338066-yfbig.jpgAAAADJKZNbEAAAAAAPHgkg.jpgbridesmaid-dresses-beautiful-chiffon-knee-girdle-1254962-yfbig.jpg

#726 Glam-Girl

Glam-Girl
            • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

Anyone getting marries in Maui, actually Wailea.  I could use some advise on elopment options.  I would love to stay and get married at the Grand Wailea....do I have to use the hotel planners.  Not sure why my question isn`t working.....it`s been a long day!! 

#727 star18

star18
              • 201 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

1st one! :)

Originally Posted by kat2012 

#728 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                • 270 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

OOH Kat2012 All 3 are super cute. I love the 2nd one, but I am partial to the lacy-vintagy feeling cocktail dress.  They are ALL gorgeous, have you tried them on?

Holly

#729 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                  • 270 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

ps what is this dailyshop.com site that is written over 2 of the pictures?  Is this one of those daily deals sites for clothes?? going to check it out NOW!

Holly

#730 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                    • 270 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

OMG. I love this... and I am not really a big poufy ball gown kind of girl.  Has anyone here ordered from this site?  www.dailyshop.com Looks like its a knock off site. I will check the knock off post to see if anyone has used this site as well!

Holly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users