Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

I would definitely call them, some people might think you are a bit obsessive, but some will appreciate you are calling.

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

This is off topic but I'm a little peeved so I wanted to share...

We sent out our formal invites in July with a RSVP date of Sept 24 (our deadline for deposits is Oct1 - wanted the week cushion to make sure I could touch base with people who RSVPd yes and who haven't put down a deposit). Our invites our passport invites with a boarding pass postcard RSVP, so I suppose it is a little untraditional, but it is still an RSVP with a stamp, which would make one believe that it needs to be returned!

I was talking with a girlfriend yesterday who I assumed wasn't coming, but I invited her anyway because she would have come if it were at home. She said that she didn't think she had to RSVP to me, she figured if she just didn't book with the TA then it would be obvious that she wasn't coming. At this point, we have only received about 1/3 of our RSVPs in the mail. I know lots of people - including myself - often wait until the last minute to send those bacl, but now I am wondering if people know they are supposed to send them?! My mom said my aunt thought that the postcard was part of the "decoration" of the card. WTF?! There is a stamp for god's sake!

Anyone else experience something like this? I was going to reach out to the people I hadn't heard from after the RSVP date, but now I'm wondering if I should even bother...

Oh the RSVP frustration, rest assured you are not alone, and it is not just because it is a post card rsvp or a destination wedding.  My best friend who got married in july got 1/3 of her RSVPs back.  The rest of the people either emailed, called or told her in passing! HOW FRUSTRATING! You spend all this money on postage just for it to be wasted!

That being said, I would send an email or give a call to EVERYONE you haven't heard from or who hasn't made their deposit that HAS rsvpd.  The reason I say this is because we sent our invites in May just before the postal strike hit, well this week I was talking to one of my good friends from university and she asked how the wedding planning was going.  Now I am always very hesitant to ask people if they are coming since it is an expensive trip and I really don't want to put that pressure on people, well for some reason I asked "Are you and Jay going to be able to make it?" silence... "Well we dont have any of the details"  SHE DIDNT GET HER INVITE!!!!!!!!

Why why why didn't I follow up with people!!!!!!!! This was past our group booking date, luckily our TA will still accept bookings just at the current rate (hasn't changed thankfully)

I would tell everyone to follow up with their guests, we have found out of 3 invites so far that haven't gotten delivered!!!! I was so upset, she thought she wasn't invited!!!!

We didn't make our RSVP date until November as we don't care if people book through our TA or independently but for our Feb wedding I would like to know in November so we can do place cards, confirm OOT bags etc.  CALL our follow upw ith your guests, had we sent invites out way in advance and whatnot I probably would have sent a post card "reminder" letting people know that the RSVP date is approaching, this way if an invite didn't make it, they lost it, or forgot at least you are sharing a friendly "reminder" and a thank you for those guests who have RSVPd!

Sorry you are so frustrated, I can totally appreciate where you're coming from!  Definitely check in with people!!!!

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

This is off topic but I'm a little peeved so I wanted to share...

We sent out our formal invites in July with a RSVP date of Sept 24 (our deadline for deposits is Oct1 - wanted the week cushion to make sure I could touch base with people who RSVPd yes and who haven't put down a deposit). Our invites our passport invites with a boarding pass postcard RSVP, so I suppose it is a little untraditional, but it is still an RSVP with a stamp, which would make one believe that it needs to be returned!

I was talking with a girlfriend yesterday who I assumed wasn't coming, but I invited her anyway because she would have come if it were at home. She said that she didn't think she had to RSVP to me, she figured if she just didn't book with the TA then it would be obvious that she wasn't coming. At this point, we have only received about 1/3 of our RSVPs in the mail. I know lots of people - including myself - often wait until the last minute to send those bacl, but now I am wondering if people know they are supposed to send them?! My mom said my aunt thought that the postcard was part of the "decoration" of the card. WTF?! There is a stamp for god's sake!

Anyone else experience something like this? I was going to reach out to the people I hadn't heard from after the RSVP date, but now I'm wondering if I should even bother...

We sent out an email invite with a timeline for booking and of course, eveyone waited until the last minute to book.  What was frustrating for me was alot of people didn't bother to respond to the email.  We sent several follow up emails because we extended the timeline to book and still some people didn't respond. Grrr!  I was very upset about it originally and then FI helped me calm down and realize that if it was only the 2 of us, it would be great!  Such a good fiance!

it drove me nuts for the longest time...people seem to forget that you still have a wedding and the details to plan, its not just the trip!

eventually i decided that if it wasnt possible for people to send their RSVPs they likely werent coming. If their intention was to come they would have made contact with me one way or another, through the RSVP, the TA or by a call with questions or to say how excited they were to come. And well i was right....we are now about 6 weeks from leaving and nothing ever changed. the people that RSVP'd are coming and the rest that we never heard from or RSVP'd no, still arent coming LOL

we had one or two ppl have changes in their lives at at the last minute ask about pricing but maybe only 3 or 4 which wont make or break my planning anyway.

Well ladies, its not 100% complete but getting there but thought i would share my progress on the spreadsheet. The tabs are all at the bottom. And when i get stuff done i am just highlighting in green. That method works for me since i am a very visual person. I will make the packing list a little more specific when i get closer but this is giving me the idea for now. Since my packing list mostly has all items on it, a lot will be distributed to Nate's (Fi's) suitcase as well. I'm also planning on getting one of those compression bags to allow more room for the wedding stuff on the way there.

Maybe this will help one of you :)

pinkie.gif

to do list sept.xlsx

Hi Ladies!

I have spent the majority of the morning trying to figure out shoes for my BMs and I thought I would share with you that Locale Shoes (formerly Feet First) has a TON of great shoes on sale right now.  This is a CANADIAN company with FREE SHIPPING to CANADA!!!! Yay!!!! That NEVER happens!!!!

I believe Aldo bought them out so this explains it but I just wanted to share as there are great options for both men and women.  We did flip flops for our guys but the loafers and boat shoes are on so cheap I am tempted to get those too!!!

They also have lots of fun colours for anyone looking for coloured shoes, tons of wedge options so that the ladies dont sink in the sand etc.

just wanted to let you all know as I think I am going to be able to get my girls their shoes for $25 EACH!!!! Under $100 for 3 pairs of shoes... can't beat that!!!

http://www.localeshoes.com/ca-eng

Thank you Tori~!

I've been looking for sandels for my FI, and having such a had time!

Checked out the website and found a pair, free shipping! Gotta love that!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Hi Ladies!

I have spent the majority of the morning trying to figure out shoes for my BMs and I thought I would share with you that Locale Shoes (formerly Feet First) has a TON of great shoes on sale right now.  This is a CANADIAN company with FREE SHIPPING to CANADA!!!! Yay!!!! That NEVER happens!!!!

I believe Aldo bought them out so this explains it but I just wanted to share as there are great options for both men and women.  We did flip flops for our guys but the loafers and boat shoes are on so cheap I am tempted to get those too!!!

They also have lots of fun colours for anyone looking for coloured shoes, tons of wedge options so that the ladies dont sink in the sand etc.

just wanted to let you all know as I think I am going to be able to get my girls their shoes for $25 EACH!!!! Under $100 for 3 pairs of shoes... can't beat that!!!

http://www.localeshoes.com/ca-eng

Thanks for posting this Janet! I like how you have everything organized into tabs. I will definitely be using this :)

And to the rest of you ladies, thanks for the advice re: RSVPs. I will get in touch with everyone we haven't heard from!

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

Well ladies, its not 100% complete but getting there but thought i would share my progress on the spreadsheet. The tabs are all at the bottom. And when i get stuff done i am just highlighting in green. That method works for me since i am a very visual person. I will make the packing list a little more specific when i get closer but this is giving me the idea for now. Since my packing list mostly has all items on it, a lot will be distributed to Nate's (Fi's) suitcase as well. I'm also planning on getting one of those compression bags to allow more room for the wedding stuff on the way there.

Maybe this will help one of you :)

pinkie.gif

to do list sept.xlsx