Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#611 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

I used fabric not ribbon, though I have heard of them being done that way as well.  I used satin for my hair flowers but this is a flatter look, not such a sheen!  I picked it up on clearance just to play around with and it just happened to match the flip flops perfectly!

Originally Posted by Camy47 

Tori,

How did you make those flower clips? They are GORGEOUS!!!

Is it burned ribbon? I did those using organza for my invitations but these look more like satin or something. Please share....I LOVE them! :)

#612 leslioni

leslioni
    • 50 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

I used afloral to get my flowers and although the shipping is pretty high, the flowers really are great! I posted my pics in the Iberostar Rose Hall Thread. I priced out all the main places in Canada and it still worked out to be the cheapest!

Originally Posted by hatfiehm 

Hey canadian ladies,

I have been looking into Afloral for the purchase of supplies to make my real touch bouquets.  they have a great overstock sale right now, but I am getting an enormous shipping charge when I go to ring it up, almost $50 just for shipping.

Have any of you used any canadian or other providers for realtouch flowers?  Any tips are appreciated before I pull the trigger on this order!

It might be worth waiting to do a trip to the US to go to hobby lobby or something.....

#613 capecodder

capecodder
      • 234 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

Tori - I would love to see a picture of how your hair flowers turned out.  I'm sure they are beautiful.

What are you girls using to cut your cake?  Are you bringing down something with you or does the resort have something you can use?

#614 tamandrob

tamandrob
        • 349 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

I love these I picked up some Friday! I really like the flower that you added, it looks great!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I feel like most of us have "slowed" our BDW participation, myself included.... but every once in awhile when I complete another project I just find myself having to share it with someone! So here is my latest...

Flower shoe clips for the Joe Fresh flip flops ($1.97 right now!) I picked up for my BMs for the dancing part of the evening (when they want to kick off their heels!

IMG_3356.JPG

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#615 Janet1480

Janet1480
          • 709 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

you can get some very fancy and pretty barefoot jewels. but i think wedges or flip flops dressed up with flower clips work great too...its all a metter of taste though

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

hello ladies!

so i am trying to figure out shoes for my BMs. they are wearing a malibu blue knee length dress  form davids bridal so i want shoes that will match. on the other hand we have to walk in the sand....i think it looks silly barefoot witha  nice dress... what should i do about shoes?!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#616 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
            • 270 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

I feel like most of us have "slowed" our BDW participation, myself included.... but every once in awhile when I complete another project I just find myself having to share it with someone! So here is my latest...

Flower shoe clips for the Joe Fresh flip flops ($1.97 right now!) I picked up for my BMs for the dancing part of the evening (when they want to kick off their heels!

IMG_3356.JPG

So cute Tori! Ihave started making barefoot jewelry for my BMs but I bought some white flip flops that I might try making flowers for. May I ask how you secured them to the flops?

Holly

#617 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
              • 270 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

I used afloral to get my flowers and although the shipping is pretty high, the flowers really are great! I posted my pics in the Iberostar Rose Hall Thread. I priced out all the main places in Canada and it still worked out to be the cheapest!

Thanks! I am going to bite the bullet I think and use Afloral. I hope the sale is still on! Ps. I'm originally from Bowmanville! Small world. Also this is post 150!! Woohoooo!

Holly

#618 Janet1480

Janet1480
                • 709 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

Ladies....I have had a moment of SERIOUS PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we leave in under 7 weeks! I have SOOOO much to do!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#619 kat2012

kat2012
                  • 602 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

That is sooo exciting!!!!

You should not panic, everything will be perfect :D

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

Ladies....I have had a moment of SERIOUS PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we leave in under 7 weeks! I have SOOOO much to do!

#620 Janet1480

Janet1480
                    • 709 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Thanks Kat

I am taking the evening today and tomorrow to re-group. I will make my lists and try to get some stuff done :) I have already delegated speach writing to my FI LOL so i will see if there is anything else on the list i can get him to help with.

its mostly difficult right now because we just moved and have a lot of painting and reno's to do. Some will wait until after the wedding but some had to get done right away. AND i am planning my sisters baby shower all at the same time....i think i am crazy LOL

Originally Posted by kat2012 

That is sooo exciting!!!!

You should not panic, everything will be perfect :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users