Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#461 MJKH

MJKH
  • Site Supporter
  • 654 posts

    Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:35 AM


    Anyone...anyone...?!?

     

    Actually, I just got a response back from Monica Perez at Amols.com about colours of maracas.  She indicated that they had colours "magenta" and "light blue" which may go with our colour scheme of fuschia/turquoise (I had sent her some inspiration pics).  She asked for my address and told me she would send me a sample of each!  I was quite tickled by that offer.  It may only be a mini version or something, but at least I get to see them before ordering a bunch.  That's what I call customer service! 

     

    Originally Posted by MJKH 

    I would love to hear updates/see photos from any of the Canadian brides that ordered traditional maracas from Amols.com.  How were they with your requests to "customize" your order to a specific colour or colour scheme?



     



    #462 MJKH

    MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

      Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:52 AM

      Oh my...I forgot to ask this too...like HOW CUTE ARE THESE?!?yhst-128509002713651_2167_2797941.gifyhst-128509002713651_2167_3731845.gifyhst-128509002713651_2167_3795128.gif

       

      They're from a company called Mar Y Sol...has anyone ever bought/seen them before?

       

      http://shopmarysol.com/



      #463 MJKH

      MJKH
      • Site Supporter
      • 654 posts

        Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

        Tori, I just realized that I didn't get back to you about the company I'm trying to order the sinamay envelopes and bags from.  They're in Washington state and have quoted just under $12 for shipping of 40 sinamay rectangular envelopes to Canada (plus whatever unexpected border/customs expenses pop up in transit!).  I've picked a few other things out and will hopefully be completing the order with them this morning (they need to call back with the final tally and to get my cc info).

         

        http://www.packageit.net/



        #464 MJKH

        MJKH
        • Site Supporter
        • 654 posts

          Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:45 AM


          Tori, I just got off the phone with Raymie Lynch from packageit.net and she was lovely to talk to and is super happy to work with brides...even Canadian ones!  I ordered $130 worth of sinamay packaging and flat pack trays and she said at the most the shipping would be $17.  This is some of the stuff:

           

          We will be using the sinamay envelopes at the ceremony to hold the sandlewood fans and programs.



          Tori, I just realized that I didn't get back to you about the company I'm trying to order the sinamay envelopes and bags from.  They're in Washington state and have quoted just under $12 for shipping of 40 sinamay rectangular envelopes to Canada (plus whatever unexpected border/customs expenses pop up in transit!).  I've picked a few other things out and will hopefully be completing the order with them this morning (they need to call back with the final tally and to get my cc info).

           

          http://www.packageit.net/



           



          #465 Camy47

          Camy47
          • Newbie
          • 104 posts

            Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

            @Luvmoo...that's AMAZING!!! Congratulations on such an accomplishment. I had every intention of losing weight for the wedding....even if it was just 10-15 lbs but that hasn't seemed to happen! haha....so way to go girl...your hard work is paying off!!!

             

            @Janet...beautiful invitations! Thanks so much for sharing....this gives me some good ideas!

             

             



            #466 hatfiehm

            hatfiehm
            • Jr. Member
            • 270 posts

              Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

              Hey Luvmoo, congrats on your success!!! now thats what I call motivation.  I am setting the alarm an hour early tomorrow and starting back up on p90x again.  no more excuses.

               

              ps. today sent an email out to friends and family today to try to incite some more RSVPs.  Not sure why I am feeling a little nervous about the headcount, but people inherently like to do these things at the last minute.  (I dont blame them, I do too!)  Since our deposit deadline is over a month out, they still have some time.  But I have already heard back from some, so the anxiety level is much lower now!!

               

              :)


              Holly


              #467 torilynnsmith

              torilynnsmith
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,748 posts

                Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:27 AM


                These are so nice! Thanks for letting me know!

                Originally Posted by MJKH 


                Tori, I just got off the phone with Raymie Lynch from packageit.net and she was lovely to talk to and is super happy to work with brides...even Canadian ones!  I ordered $130 worth of sinamay packaging and flat pack trays and she said at the most the shipping would be $17.  This is some of the stuff:

                 

                We will be using the sinamay envelopes at the ceremony to hold the sandlewood fans and programs.

                image484.jpg

                 

                I'm thinking I may use these little baggies in the welcome bags or at the reception.

                image535.jpg

                image621.jpg These bags are clearing out in all kinds of beautiful colours...I ordered them in fuschia.

                 

                image7191.jpg  

                These boxes ship flat and I thought we could use them for items at the reception.

                 

                 



                 



                 



                #468 tamandrob

                tamandrob
                • Jr. Member
                • 349 posts

                  Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:11 PM


                  I really like this going to check them out now! I would like to get my bridesmaid something like these!
                   

                  Originally Posted by MJKH 

                  Oh my...I forgot to ask this too...like HOW CUTE ARE THESE?!?yhst-128509002713651_2167_2797941.gifyhst-128509002713651_2167_3731845.gifyhst-128509002713651_2167_3795128.gif

                   

                  They're from a company called Mar Y Sol...has anyone ever bought/seen them before?

                   

                  http://shopmarysol.com/



                   


                  Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

                  32 Booked.......and counting!


                  #469 MJKH

                  MJKH
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 654 posts

                    Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

                    So, my humungo order from Vistaprint arrived today...actually, three separate orders arrived in one box, which made for one very large box.  They were placed in early August when they had a great promo on and everything I ordered was free (just paid shipping).  Just wanted to let you know that I am really pleased with everything...with a couple of exceptions.  It looks like as they're changing over from one print order to the next, things can sometimes be "off"...like I had the edge of someone else's business cards on the first 20 or so cards in my order.  The photo on the mouse pad was off centre...in addition, a banner and sticky note pad were crushed at the bottom of the box.  I called their customer service, and she said she'd arrange for replacements to be delivered in the next 7 days!?!  Gee, how can you go wrong with that!



                    #470 torilynnsmith

                    torilynnsmith
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,748 posts

                      Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:46 PM


                      Good to hear!!! What else did you order? Can you post some pictures?!

                      Originally Posted by MJKH 

                      So, my humungo order from Vistaprint arrived today...actually, three separate orders arrived in one box, which made for one very large box.  They were placed in early August when they had a great promo on and everything I ordered was free (just paid shipping).  Just wanted to let you know that I am really pleased with everything...with a couple of exceptions.  It looks like as they're changing over from one print order to the next, things can sometimes be "off"...like I had the edge of someone else's business cards on the first 20 or so cards in my order.  The photo on the mouse pad was off centre...in addition, a banner and sticky note pad were crushed at the bottom of the box.  I called their customer service, and she said she'd arrange for replacements to be delivered in the next 7 days!?!  Gee, how can you go wrong with that!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users