Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Tori,

I love your pomanders!!! I would paint your hooks white, I think it will look very nice and I am not really liking the black and navy but that's just my opinion!

Also I think you asked what company we went with, it's sunquest.

I would love to hear updates/see photos from any of the Canadian brides that ordered traditional maracas from Amols.com.  How were they with your requests to "customize" your order to a specific colour or colour scheme?

Hi ladies!!

so i purchased 6 sun parasols from weddingfavours.ca and i love them! it ended up costing me 56$ including tax!! i didnt have to ship them because i was driving to london and stopped in to ingersoll to pick them up!! my MOH is showing one of them off! I have a friend whose aunt is a calligrapher so i am trying ot figure out something to write on all the BMs umbrellas (any ideas?!) i am thinking of writing Just married on mine.... whats your thoughts?

sun parasols.a.jpg

I personally like them just plain but that's just me!

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

Hi ladies!!

so i purchased 6 sun parasols from weddingfavours.ca and i love them! it ended up costing me 56$ including tax!! i didnt have to ship them because i was driving to london and stopped in to ingersoll to pick them up!! my MOH is showing one of them off! I have a friend whose aunt is a calligrapher so i am trying ot figure out something to write on all the BMs umbrellas (any ideas?!) i am thinking of writing Just married on mine.... whats your thoughts?

sun parasols.a.jpg

Hi Tori.,

How are you getting the shepherd hooks to Mexico? Do they come apart?

Thanks for the info about the tumblers. I think I am going to return them. I found some nice insulated cups in red and teal/turquoise at Canadian Tire for 5$. I think I am just going to get one for our wedding party...

Found nice turquoise sand at Pier One , it even has sparkles in it...going to use it in my centrepieces. They also have pearilized shells but were pricey...18$ for 20. The ones I painted with metallic paint were just as nice.

Sea glass!!!! They have turquoise blue, green, white glass in bags for 9$. I bought one bag and plan on using it to decorate the table. I checked online and pricey to get shipped.

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

We have sheppard hooks that we will hang our shell pomanders on

Here is a mock up we did in my moms side yard, I think I will spray paint my hooks white instead of the black... what do you think?

IMG_3245.JPG

I am thinking of laying the large homesense starfish along the aisle to create the "border" as we will not be using an aisle runner.  Another option that R~ (futuremrsgun - now mrsgun) is doing is she picked up a bunch of shells (you could get them at the dollar store) and she painting a few in her colours, you could do red and turquoise and leave some natural, then she is going to use these to line the aisle.  I really like the look because the shells are organic to the beach but by having a few painted it ties in the colours of your wedding without being overpowering.  I will see if I can find a picture for inspiration to share with you!

Check out factory 21, you can do personalized and they are more inexpesnsive.  They are on ebay.  The mugs are black or white but at least you would get what you want!  The bubbas go on sale at Canadian tire for about $5.99 for the 20 oz, I think that is cheaper than the shop bubba site

Welcome!  A planning thread is a thread you post just before leaving for your wedding that is made up of mostly pictures and short captions to share your planning process.  

Check out this thread to get up to speed on the BDW rules and FAQs

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/8853/forum-faqs-etiquette-rules

As far as I know in order to secure an early booking bonus (generally $300 or so in savings) they tour operators set a full payment date.  This way they can open up other flights as they can be sure that the ones they have full are in fact paid for.  We got our rate, had 90 days to put down our $200 deposits (due end of this month) and then full payment is due at the beginning of October while we dont fly until February 2nd.  This is pretty standard, we are with ACV.  Some of our group is flying with Sunwing and they have until November for full payment.  I wouldn't worry too much, we have had some guests say the same and we told them they are more than welcome to book later or last minute.  We set an RSVP date of November 4th which would give us 3 month to finalize OOTs, decor, programs, fans, and plans.

Quote:

LUCKY!!!! What carried Tammy?!

Very nice!!! You should be able to save your Powerpoint file as a jpeg and upload it!!!!   I really like the look of the paper lanterns lining the aisle!  Also is that your ring?!

A-M

So I have been meaning to get on here to tell you that last night I took my superstore tumbler to Hot Yoga for 1.5 hours.  We do it in a room around 103-105 degress so it is HOT (same as it would be downsouth) and my water stayed ICE cold ALL class!!!!! I did not expect that at all!!!!! So the double insulated tumblers are FANTASTIC!!!!! My only concern would still be the beer thing but you know your guests better than anyone, I just wanted to let you know as I had mentioned I didn't find it kept my drink very cold but I obviously dont realize how long I have it filled for at home because at hot yoga for 1.5 horus it was AWESOME!!!!!!

I know!!! I wanted these style of chairs but in white, instead we have the slip covered chairs too.... so much more you can hang off the wooden style!

Tori hun, how the heck are you bringing all this stuff with you LMAO...i'm worried about my OOT and a few random things and here you are with all this stuff LOL My FI already said i was crazy when i told him i was pretty sure we would have 4 suit cases he is nuts if he thinks we can go down south for 2 weeks and bring wedding stuff with 1 suit case each stupid.gif

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

You're so sweet!!! Ya the ribbons are navy so I just thought the black and navy didn't really work.  Mom wants me to bring them home and re-paint them black to use in her garden after the wedding lol

I am sad to say I did not DIY my shell pomanders ALTHOUGH it did start out that way.  I saw one of these at a fancy home decor store for $15 or $20 a ball.... took a good look and just KNEW I could make it!  Went to dollarama, picked up 2 bags of shells ($1.25 each) and headed to walmart to get my foam ball.  Unfortunately dollarama did not have the styrofoam ball large enough (thoguht dollar giant now has 2 large ones for $1 BOO!).  Anyways I DIYd 2 but needed a TON of shells so it ended up costing me about $10 a ball as the styrofoam ball at walmart is $4.97 (for the size I wanted.

Mom and I were at homesense one days and stumbled across 3 of these in a rope bag for $12.99!!!!! CHEAPER than my DIY project.  I attached the ribbon and voila, shell pomanders! 

The DIY is super easy though

Materials

- Shells (I like the mini conch style and you will need a good amount)

- Styrofoam ball (the shells will only add an inch or so to the diameter so basically get the ball size you want your finished product to be -  I had made tissue pomanders and you only need a small styro because the tissue adds so much fullness... not the case with the shells)

- hot glue gun

- ribbon

I attached my ribbon first, them I would poke the shell into the ball, take it out, put some glue in the divet and then put the shell back in!!!! It is so so easy!

YAY pinkie.gif

take pics!!! :) us brides always love to se "THE" dress!!

i go for my first fitting Sept 24th! freaking out...still have 10 pounds to lose LMAO and its less then a month before we leave so hopefully there arent a TON of alterations to do when i go

Wedding dress is in!!! Picking it up tomorrow!!! wooohoooo

Hello Krysta,

I had the same issue but mine was even worse....my guests only had 2 weeks to get in their deposit and the final payment was due only a month later (this was 8 months before the wedding). The reality is that if people want to come to your wedding they will find a way to get there.

Besides, even though an EBB may be the cheapest route, it's not the only route. Just simply remind your guests that this is the best rate available, but if they want to wait to book later they can. Just make sure they know that the rate will go up after the deadline and it may not come back down....also that the flight might sell out. We still have 8 'tentative' guests who haven't booked yet so we won't know until last minute if they are coming.

Try not to let it stress you out!

ok so i dont know who else to vent to and hope you girls would understand....... so here is the story:

My TA got us a good deal on our resort except final payment is due at the end of October (when our wedding is in April). So now i have a bunch of people complaining to me about not being able to go because final payment is due so soon!! Grrrrrrr. As if i dont have enough stress already! this has really upset me. i hate how people have to wait til the last minute to book....so i have went to my TA and am awaiting an answer to my deliemma..... am i over reacting