Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#351 MJKH

MJKH
  • Site Supporter
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

I love this one too...and I think you're right about the all pink bouquet ladies...thanks for the feedback.

wedding_centerpiece_pink.jpg

The corsages and bouts will be something along this line (stems wrapped in sinamay), with the moms and dad all getting white-ish flowers and FI pink...maybe...if he's up for that.  I'm hoping to get palomasnest to do some tiny tiles to stitch/tie onto their flowers as well.

100lc_rwnadiacharles4.jpg

Ok, last dilemma.  For the reception/dance party, I'm changing into this dress by Barijay (the colour looks kinda weird here, but it's a beautiful turquoise):

peacock.jpg

And the little girls will change into these:

513UULKTCyL._SL380_.jpg

I'm looking into maracas for place holders/party favours...but am wondering what I should do at this point for decor colour.  Everything up to this point will be pink.  Should I just leave all the flowers/centerpieces/maracas as pink...or try to mix some turquoise in by say, doing 1/2 maracas fuschia and 1/2 turquoise?  Ughhh...I'm so confused.  

#352 MJKH

MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

Well, I just found this:

DSC_0016_filtered.jpg

The flowers are paper, but I can actually picture a turquoise glass vase with pink flowers...hmmm.  But I'd have to find some cheap turquoise vases...

#353 MJKH

MJKH
      • Site Supporter
      • 654 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

ZgDb4cF0dgvDFoa2XYwMGfm5qfFppUV5mcUZmXnpxQwZJSUFVvr65eXlepll6cUl-UWpxXrJ-bn6BUX5KZm5iempxbrJKTnF-hkF-bpgIj2xyMTQUrektKiwND-zOFXXRy-rIJ0BAA**.jpeg

Love this mercury glass one...but it's $60...eeep!  I feel a DIY project coming on.  Has anyone ever painted or tinted a glass vase?

#354 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
        • 789 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

Oh, I'm sorry...I just had a GLAM OVERLOAD with the turquoise one shoulder goddess dress...WHOAAA! GORGEOUS!!! I'm going to my SIL's wedding in September and may need this as well! Who is the designer?

Originally Posted by MJKH 

I love this one too...and I think you're right about the all pink bouquet ladies...thanks for the feedback.

wedding_centerpiece_pink.jpg

The corsages and bouts will be something along this line (stems wrapped in sinamay), with the moms and dad all getting white-ish flowers and FI pink...maybe...if he's up for that.  I'm hoping to get palomasnest to do some tiny tiles to stitch/tie onto their flowers as well.

100lc_rwnadiacharles4.jpg

Ok, last dilemma.  For the reception/dance party, I'm changing into this dress by Barijay (the colour looks kinda weird here, but it's a beautiful turquoise):

peacock.jpg

And the little girls will change into these:

513UULKTCyL._SL380_.jpg

I'm looking into maracas for place holders/party favours...but am wondering what I should do at this point for decor colour.  Everything up to this point will be pink.  Should I just leave all the flowers/centerpieces/maracas as pink...or try to mix some turquoise in by say, doing 1/2 maracas fuschia and 1/2 turquoise?  Ughhh...I'm so confused.  

#355 MJKH

MJKH
          • Site Supporter
          • 654 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

That is a Barijay dress!

#356 MJKH

MJKH
            • Site Supporter
            • 654 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Ok, so it's great to have a plan come together...this was the inspiration photo I showed my FI this morning.  I told him we were on our way out to look for turquoise vessels of some sort to use for airy arrangements of pink and white flowers at the reception (it's amazing what he'll do when you promise to get him a sausage mcmuffin first!).

pink_lathyrus_in_turquoise_glass_vase_backlit_gpbe08-00000487-001.jpg

We went to a few places...Homesense, Winners...then to Pier One where he found these:

IMG_0002.jpg

They're mouth blown glass, etched...large and chunky drinking glasses (almost 6 inches tall)...on sale came to around $10 a piece.  I think they'll be perfect.

#357 MJKH

MJKH
              • Site Supporter
              • 654 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

Here's something else to throw out which I haven't yet found and answer to on this site.  At the reception in Mexico, we're putting out flip flops and pashminas for the ladies but don't have a clue what, if anything to do yet for the men.  Think $5 - $10 pp and small/lightweight/easy to take...alcohol is plentiful at our all-inclusive, no need to give that.  Our adult male guests range from 20-something to 70-something.  They don't play poker, smoke, wear cufflinks...they wouldn't use a fancy shaving kit or barware, they don't play golf...ughhh...I'm stuck!  

#358 Manda123

Manda123
                • 380 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

What about sunglasses? We are giving sunglasses to the guys and pashminas to the girls.

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Here's something else to throw out which I haven't yet found and answer to on this site.  At the reception in Mexico, we're putting out flip flops and pashminas for the ladies but don't have a clue what, if anything to do yet for the men.  Think $5 - $10 pp and small/lightweight/easy to take...alcohol is plentiful at our all-inclusive, no need to give that.  Our adult male guests range from 20-something to 70-something.  They don't play poker, smoke, wear cufflinks...they wouldn't use a fancy shaving kit or barware, they don't play golf...ughhh...I'm stuck!  

#359 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                  • 270 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

Holly,

This may sound like a silly question, but when you did your luggage tags on VP, did you just type the words...Name,. Address and inset this on the business card template?

Thanks...I am new to VP...completely

Hey there! Yes I just chose the background that I liked and with a little trial and error I got the placement of each of the text lines to work. Just ignore their titles and use the text boxes. You could also wait until you get a free upload code and use your own design. But I'm not that design savvy so I used the template.

Holly

#360 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                    • 270 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

What about money clips?

Holly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users