Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#3351 ironman

ironman
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by holly86 

I have always wanted to have karoke at my reception and my resort and fiance are letting me have it!!  I am super excited... People seem surprised when I tell them that is what we are doing.  Is it weird to do karoke at a wedding?  We will have ipods and playlists too if people need a break from the singing.

Not weird at all, it's your day, do what you love! And if that's karaoke, live it up and make it the best night of karaoke ever! I kind of want to have a pinata at our wedding. Hahahaha

#3352 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
    • 450 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ironman 

Not weird at all, it's your day, do what you love! And if that's karaoke, live it up and make it the best night of karaoke ever! I kind of want to have a pinata at our wedding. Hahahaha

I want a pinata too!!!  I've read of couples having them before.  Have you contacted your WC about it?  Let me know if you do.  I was telling my mom two months ago I thought it would be fun! :)

#3353 Katryne

Katryne
    • 260 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

oooo pinata!!  what a great and fun idea!

#3354 KristieT

KristieT
      • 430 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hey guys, I'm having an pi±ata . The resort charged $100 and i have to bring my own filler. Expensive for paper machae but will be worth it!

#3355 cccharming

cccharming
        • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Thanks everyone for the advice! We worked things out an now everyone has 3 months to pay in full!

#3356 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
          • 315 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hello fellow Canadian Ladies! My name is Katie and I wanted to jump in here to introduce myself! I just got engaged on April 6th (yipee!) but we are heading forward full speed ahead to plan our wedding for sometime between march-may of 2014!!!! Our TA is a good friend of ours who has planned other DWs and planned her own ccruise wedding which we attended last year.

I love the recent discussion about pinata and karaoke!

We are still trying to decide on a place that will hold our 35-45 guests and somewhere that will not overload us with extra pricing when it comes to dinner in a semi-private area.

Playa del carmen is increasingly becoming our location I think, but we'll see!

Happy planning ladies!

#3357 KristieT

KristieT
            • 430 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

Hello fellow Canadian Ladies! My name is Katie and I wanted to jump in here to introduce myself! I just got engaged on April 6th (yipee!) but we are heading forward full speed ahead to plan our wedding for sometime between march-may of 2014!!!! Our TA is a good friend of ours who has planned other DWs and planned her own ccruise wedding which we attended last year.

We are still trying to decide on a place that will hold our 35-45 guests and somewhere that will not overload us with extra pricing when it comes to dinner in a semi-private area.

Happy planning ladies!

Hi!

Congratulations on your engagement! I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding at The Royal in Playa Del Carmen this past January! It was amazing! And we would go back in a second! She was a very low key bride and had a very basic wedding, it was beautiful and memorable!

Enjoy your planning!

-K

#3358 ironman

ironman
              • 320 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

Happy planning ladies!

Congratulations Katie! There are so many nice resorts out there, and definitely one will appeal to your needs in the Mayan! Have you been down there before at all on vacation?

We set a few criteria for what we were looking for in a resort and then had some travel agents and friends give us suggestions. A good travel agent seems to make a big difference!

#3359 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
                • 223 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

I totally want a pi±ata too! A wedding cake shaped one! Such a fun idea.

#3360 holly86

holly86
                  • 55 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

You have so much fun and exciting planning to look forward to!!!! Congratulations!!!! So excited about karaoke..

Hello fellow Canadian Ladies! My name is Katie and I wanted to jump in here to introduce myself! I just got engaged on April 6th (yipee!) but we are heading forward full speed ahead to plan our wedding for sometime between march-may of 2014!!!! Our TA is a good friend of ours who has planned other DWs and planned her own ccruise wedding which we attended last year. I love the recent discussion about pinata and karaoke! We are still trying to decide on a place that will hold our 35-45 guests and somewhere that will not overload us with extra pricing when it comes to dinner in a semi-private area. Playa del carmen is increasingly becoming our location I think, but we'll see! Happy planning ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users