Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#3201 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
  • Site Supporter
  • 406 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
  • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

BTW, I too bought my sashes on ebay for $58.79 for 100...I hope we don't have to set them all up!  That would be a pain cuz I want them at the beach for the ceremony then transferred to the reception hall. 


17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI


#3202 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
  • Jr. Member
  • 180 posts

    Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

    Originally Posted by elsa s 

    Im getting Married at Dreams Riviera April 30th... about 2 months away now!! getting nervous and excited =)) I chose the ultimate pkg, seems worth it !! 

    Congrats!!!!! The next two months is gonna fly by I'm sure  :)



    #3203 Scarma

    Scarma
    • Jr. Member
    • 175 posts

      Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

      Originally Posted by jreist 

       

      The flight was OK, but they did make me put my dress in the overhead bin, and just stood there watching when people put their luggage on TOP of my wedding dress. That made me mad,but if you stand up for yourself then it will be Ok. My husband and I both brought 2 suitcases, and then my parents each brought an extra one of ours. They would have waived the fee for the suitcase except I had pre-paid, so dont pre-pay haha. 

      Oh i would have cried!! You must show pictures of the dress!! Do they not have a place for the dress to go like on a hanger? 



      #3204 elsa s

      elsa s
      • Newbie
      • 72 posts

        Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

        Originally Posted by Scarma 

        So how does that work, if you bring your own do you have to set it up or do you just give to the WC to put the decor together?

        Also what do you decide is worth bringing in your OOT bags cause I know ill have favors and our stuff but wedding stuff would be another suitcase?

        At dreams Riviera they set everything up for you .such as tables and sashes etc free of charge! do you definitely don't have to worry about that yourself 



        #3205 Mlite83

        Mlite83
        • Jr. Member
        • 384 posts

          Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

          Originally Posted by Scarma 

          Oh i would have cried!! You must show pictures of the dress!! Do they not have a place for the dress to go like on a hanger? 


          I flew Canjet and they are a reserved overhead bin just for my dress.  They also stationed a flight attendant right in front of the bin so no one could put anything additional in there.  The airline was wonderful with us - lots of perks for bride and groom, it was great!  Sorry to hear not all airlines are as accommodating :(



          #3206 Scarma

          Scarma
          • Jr. Member
          • 175 posts

            Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

            Originally Posted by Mlite83 


            I flew Canjet and they are a reserved overhead bin just for my dress.  They also stationed a flight attendant right in front of the bin so no one could put anything additional in there.  The airline was wonderful with us - lots of perks for bride and groom, it was great!  Sorry to hear not all airlines are as accommodating :(

            Ya im not sure but we are flying Westjet and i know everybody loves them but some of the forums say they do the same thing. Well all i know is our TA say they are very particular on their vacation packages. Not much stretch.



            #3207 pokeyholly

            pokeyholly
            • Jr. Member
            • 176 posts

              Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

              Originally Posted by Jenny2014 


              Who are you going with in Mississauga? I am on the hunt for a TA but have had no idea where to even start

              Vanessa Martinez at Centre Holidays. 

              vanessam@centreholidays.com

              Phone:  613.224.6749

              Toll Free: 1.888.823.8801 ext 216

              Honestly, She is absolutely amazing and has gone above and beyond our expectations. This entire process has been a breeze. I didn't settle on an agent for 3 weeks and it was really frustrating. The different quotes I was receiving was astonishing. I went with Vanessa not only because she worked to get us fantastic rates, but also because I would email her and she would respond instantly. She did the same with my finicky guests and has a lot of experience with wedding bookings. I'm in Edmonton and my guests are all over and she has been so organized. I'm sure everyone will probably recommend their TAs now and flip you info and you should definitely look into them all. You will know instantly who you want working with your group. I hope this helps. I was in the same boat you are when I began this whole process but I learned a lot. :)



              #3208 SusanMike2013

              SusanMike2013
              • Newbie
              • 123 posts

                Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

                HI All....

                 

                Just giving my two cents on the TA stuff..

                I didn't find a good agent until my third try! Honestly if you feel they are not giving you enough attention move on! I felt bad ditching the first one.. but I am so glad I did.

                My TA has done everything for me....

                -I told her what I wanted.. she gave me a list of resorts to pick from and HELPED me decide what would be best for my group

                - booked my date at the resort .. i told her what dates would work for me, and she called them. None of these email the resort myself and wait days/weeks for a reply. And got around the 3 business day needed that they claim you must have.

                - Found the best rate.. she went above and beyond . She would get a rate from one travel group and go to another to ask them to match it...
                Even AFTER the group rate was done and over with she was able to secure a lower price for additional guests.

                - any issues with the resort she has step up and helped.. Anyone getting married at Now Larimar will know about the change to outside photographers... My TA contact the resort to get that straighten out :-).

                - got us extra luggage allowance for free

                - gave me coupons for airport parking

                 

                We have done everything over email, which is a great help.

                I had one TA who told me I had to come to see her... she worked mon to fri banking hours.. I have two babies... and a hubby to be that travels. Not a chance!

                 

                Travel agents got hook ups and can get you what you want. You really just got to find one who is willing to go that extra for you!

                 

                I will be sending my TA a very nice gift and thank you card once we are all said and done.

                I think  every bride should have that great of an experience when planning thier wedding :-)



                #3209 pokeyholly

                pokeyholly
                • Jr. Member
                • 176 posts

                  Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

                  Originally Posted by SusanMike2013 

                  HI All....

                   

                  Just giving my two cents on the TA stuff..

                  I didn't find a good agent until my third try! Honestly if you feel they are not giving you enough attention move on! I felt bad ditching the first one.. but I am so glad I did.

                  My TA has done everything for me....

                  -I told her what I wanted.. she gave me a list of resorts to pick from and HELPED me decide what would be best for my group

                  - booked my date at the resort .. i told her what dates would work for me, and she called them. None of these email the resort myself and wait days/weeks for a reply. And got around the 3 business day needed that they claim you must have.

                  - Found the best rate.. she went above and beyond . She would get a rate from one travel group and go to another to ask them to match it...
                  Even AFTER the group rate was done and over with she was able to secure a lower price for additional guests.

                  - any issues with the resort she has step up and helped.. Anyone getting married at Now Larimar will know about the change to outside photographers... My TA contact the resort to get that straighten out :-).

                  - got us extra luggage allowance for free

                  - gave me coupons for airport parking

                   

                  We have done everything over email, which is a great help.

                  I had one TA who told me I had to come to see her... she worked mon to fri banking hours.. I have two babies... and a hubby to be that travels. Not a chance!

                   

                  Travel agents got hook ups and can get you what you want. You really just got to find one who is willing to go that extra for you!

                   

                  I will be sending my TA a very nice gift and thank you card once we are all said and done.

                  I think  every bride should have that great of an experience when planning thier wedding :-)

                  You couldn't have said it better! I had a lot of bad experiences as well. Sometimes I felt like I was inconveniencing them!

                  Funny you mention the gift thing because I was actually laying in bed last night thinking about what I should send my TA as a thank you afterwards. I was thinking a giftcard or something? I don't really know what's appropriate and I searched on the forums for some ideas but couldn't really find any. 



                  #3210 jina21

                  jina21
                  • Newbie
                  • 5 posts

                    Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

                    We just booked the Barcelo Maya Colonial in the Mayan. We are flying with Air Transat and booking a wedding package thru them. Glad everything is comming together!






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users