Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#3081 newbiebridetobe

newbiebridetobe
  • Newbie
  • 74 posts

    Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

    Originally Posted by soonCB 

    Hey ladies,

     

    I am wondering if anyone knows where to buy blank shoe clip hardware in Canada. I plan on making my own shoe clips, but I am having a difficult time finding these in Canada or somewhere that will ship to Canada. Any help is appreciated.

    Hey....I purchased mine off etsy.....lots of options there and I am very happy with them!



    #3082 soonCB

    soonCB
    • Jr. Member
    • 264 posts

      Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

      Originally Posted by newbiebridetobe 

      Hey....I purchased mine off etsy.....lots of options there and I am very happy with them!

      Did you buy the pre-made ones. I just can't imagine paying the prizes to have someone make them and I have made something I like. We have spent a lot of money on shipping items and at this point, I do not want to spend any more money (especially not on shipping). While I was looked on the internet the other day about this topic I found some info on another forum that suggested using clip on earing clips. I think I will do that as I can't find these anywhere locally. Thank goodness for Michaels coupons!

       

      I know this is completey off topic, but I wouldn't want anyone to have the experience I have had with picaboo. So I got boudoir pics done as a surprise for by fiance (to give him before the wedding). Anyways, the pictures turned out good and I had a groupon for picaboo (BAD CHOICE). I ordered the book and on the very first page there are ugly marks that look like water marks. I should note that the book I ordered is regular $60 (thank goodness I didn't pay that). So I contacted picaboo and they sent me a new one, same problem. Contacted them again, figured out it was an issue with the background, so fixed that and they sent it again. So just last week I got the 3rd book in the mail and the first page is now good, but there are ink drops throughout the ENTIRE BOOK! I was so angry and contacted them immediately. I demanded they have someone quality control the book before they mail me another one as I now have 3 books I can't do anything with. They agreed to do this, but in my opinion this is completely ridiculous. If they had quality control on the books in the first place, then we wouldn't have this problem. This was the first time I used picaboo and definately will be the last. Another thing is that each time I talked to customer service they had to view the project again, so who knows how many ppl have seen these pictures by now!. So frustrating. So just wanted to say save yourself the hassle!

       

      On a positive note though, I really like the layflat pages. If anyone has suggestions of a photobook site that offers this and have positive feedback I would love the suggestions. I really want to have a photobook with layflat pages for our wedding album.



      #3083 Peach

      Peach
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,293 posts

        Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

        Originally Posted by soonCB 

        Did you buy the pre-made ones. I just can't imagine paying the prizes to have someone make them and I have made something I like. We have spent a lot of money on shipping items and at this point, I do not want to spend any more money (especially not on shipping). While I was looked on the internet the other day about this topic I found some info on another forum that suggested using clip on earing clips. I think I will do that as I can't find these anywhere locally. Thank goodness for Michaels coupons!

         

        I know this is completey off topic, but I wouldn't want anyone to have the experience I have had with picaboo. So I got boudoir pics done as a surprise for by fiance (to give him before the wedding). Anyways, the pictures turned out good and I had a groupon for picaboo (BAD CHOICE). I ordered the book and on the very first page there are ugly marks that look like water marks. I should note that the book I ordered is regular $60 (thank goodness I didn't pay that). So I contacted picaboo and they sent me a new one, same problem. Contacted them again, figured out it was an issue with the background, so fixed that and they sent it again. So just last week I got the 3rd book in the mail and the first page is now good, but there are ink drops throughout the ENTIRE BOOK! I was so angry and contacted them immediately. I demanded they have someone quality control the book before they mail me another one as I now have 3 books I can't do anything with. They agreed to do this, but in my opinion this is completely ridiculous. If they had quality control on the books in the first place, then we wouldn't have this problem. This was the first time I used picaboo and definately will be the last. Another thing is that each time I talked to customer service they had to view the project again, so who knows how many ppl have seen these pictures by now!. So frustrating. So just wanted to say save yourself the hassle!

         

        On a positive note though, I really like the layflat pages. If anyone has suggestions of a photobook site that offers this and have positive feedback I would love the suggestions. I really want to have a photobook with layflat pages for our wedding album.

         

        Oh I am sorry you had this experience. I have tried Picaboo, Mixbook, Shutterfly and Photobook Canada. I just used Picaboo for calendars, but was pleased. Shutterfly on the other hand was not so great. I had someone else's random baby pictures in the middle of the book I ordered for my friend! I have heard other people compliment Shutterfly though, but for me, my friend, and my FMIL, all who tried Shutterfly, we probably wouldn't use them again.

         

        I have used Mixbook for a few projects and was pleased, though I do not know if they offer the lay-flat option. Photobook Canada is a little more expensive, but I had a groupon for them so I made my guestbook with them (using engagement pics). I was VERY pleased with the quality, though the backgrounds and such are not as easy to use as, say, Mixbook. But I would definitely recommend going with Photobook Canada, if that works for your location (I didn't see where you are from, so I am not sure). 



        #3084 Katryne

        Katryne
        • Jr. Member
        • 260 posts

          Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

          www.linentablecloth.com is having a 20% sitewide sale + free 10-14 day shipping to Canada.  Thought I'd pass it along as this is the best deal I've seen so far.  Unless someone's seen better?



          #3085 newbiebridetobe

          newbiebridetobe
          • Newbie
          • 74 posts

            Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

            Originally Posted by soonCB 

            Did you buy the pre-made ones. I just can't imagine paying the prizes to have someone make them and I have made something I like. We have spent a lot of money on shipping items and at this point, I do not want to spend any more money (especially not on shipping). While I was looked on the internet the other day about this topic I found some info on another forum that suggested using clip on earing clips. I think I will do that as I can't find these anywhere locally. Thank goodness for Michaels coupons!

             

            I know this is completey off topic, but I wouldn't want anyone to have the experience I have had with picaboo. So I got boudoir pics done as a surprise for by fiance (to give him before the wedding). Anyways, the pictures turned out good and I had a groupon for picaboo (BAD CHOICE). I ordered the book and on the very first page there are ugly marks that look like water marks. I should note that the book I ordered is regular $60 (thank goodness I didn't pay that). So I contacted picaboo and they sent me a new one, same problem. Contacted them again, figured out it was an issue with the background, so fixed that and they sent it again. So just last week I got the 3rd book in the mail and the first page is now good, but there are ink drops throughout the ENTIRE BOOK! I was so angry and contacted them immediately. I demanded they have someone quality control the book before they mail me another one as I now have 3 books I can't do anything with. They agreed to do this, but in my opinion this is completely ridiculous. If they had quality control on the books in the first place, then we wouldn't have this problem. This was the first time I used picaboo and definately will be the last. Another thing is that each time I talked to customer service they had to view the project again, so who knows how many ppl have seen these pictures by now!. So frustrating. So just wanted to say save yourself the hassle!

             

            On a positive note though, I really like the layflat pages. If anyone has suggestions of a photobook site that offers this and have positive feedback I would love the suggestions. I really want to have a photobook with layflat pages for our wedding album.

             

            I just bought the shoe clips (blank) off etsy.  I believe they came to less than $6.00 with shipping to Canada.  My sister made some broaches to match "my colour" with some very cost effective materials from Micheals (she actually made me two different ones to choose from!).  I just glued the broaches to the clips.....a very uncostly project.

             

            Sorry to hear about your picture issues.  All of this wedding prep gets stressful when you have to deal with difficult companies/people!



            #3086 Branya2012

            Branya2012
            • Jr. Member
            • 200 posts

              Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

              We travelled with WestJet to our wedding in December. I did have to put my dress in the overhead bins overtop of everyone else's things. The other guests on the plane were surprised that I had to do that, but it turned out okay. It didn't have to cram too much, it laid pretty flat on the top. I had called WestJet beforehand, asked when we checked in and asked the flight attendants when we boarded and they all gave the same answer - no closets!! It'll be okay! I was shocked at how well my dress travelled. I brought it home in a small suitcase because after TTD I didn't really mind that it was all folded up in there!

               

              As for your dress being your only carry on, I would look into that some more. We were allowed two carry ons each, so I had a small duffle bag and my dress, and my fiancee/now husband had a back pack. It worked out great. :)

               

              That is amazing that 78 out of the 120 person flight are your guests!! Very impressive turn out!

               

              Originally Posted by jreist 

              I am flying West Jet, and it sounds like they are very strict. I am bringing my dress as carry-on, but that counts as the only carry-on that I am allowed. Plus it doesn't sound like it gets a special compartment anywhere, it has to be crammed with other people's stuff :(

              Our plane is sold out too so hopefully the other passengers are sympathetic. Haha then again, 78 of the 120 person flight are my guests, so hopefully no problems lol. 


              ~ December 5, 2012 ~

              ~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~


              #3087 RNtoBe

              RNtoBe
              • Jr. Member
              • 255 posts

                Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

                Originally Posted by Katryne 

                www.linentablecloth.com is having a 20% sitewide sale + free 10-14 day shipping to Canada.  Thought I'd pass it along as this is the best deal I've seen so far.  Unless someone's seen better?


                I ordered my chair sashes and cloth napkins from linentablecloth and am very happy with them! The only issue is that the colours are quite different in person compared to the colour swatches online.



                #3088 Dazeydawl

                Dazeydawl
                • Member
                • 861 posts

                  Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

                  www.linentablecloth.com is having a 20% sitewide sale + free 10-14 day shipping to Canada.  Thought I'd pass it along as this is the best deal I've seen so far.  Unless someone's seen better?

                  I had previously purchased my cloth napkins from this site. Now I just purchased a table cloth for my cake table

                  #3089 seatkins22

                  seatkins22
                  • Newbie
                  • 68 posts

                    Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

                    Any advice from brides who have booked package from Signature Vacations??

                     

                    I just found out from our TA that our Sunwing departure flight has been rescheduled and will be leaving 8 hrs later!!  This means we will be missing the entire first day at the resort because we were supposed to be in Cancun at 9am and now it's 7:30pm.  I have a lot of unhappy guests at this point and apparently there is nothing that can be done about it.  No financial compensation has been offered at all. 

                     

                    We are also doing a legal ceremony and will barely be in the country long enough for the requirements.

                     

                    This package deal was booked through Signature vacations and my TA sold it on the fact that we get an extra day - now we don't and people are unhappy. 



                    #3090 DinaQtobe

                    DinaQtobe
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 450 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

                    Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

                    That is horrible!!!  :(

                     

                    Can't your TA do something for your guests?  Offer something to make people (and you) happier?
                     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users