Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2971 Ploman

Ploman
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Does anyone know where to find bags like this in Canada?  I want to put my mugs in this to give out at xmas, rather than paying for real xmas bags at 50 cents a piece:

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#2972 justine416

justine416
    • 95 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by missroxy 

What are you girls planing on giving as favors ? If I do OOT bags, should I also give them wedding favors ?

ahhhhhhhh so much going on in my head right now hahaha

We are doing a donation to a charity that is in Negril. The charity was created for school children by the Rockhouse Resort , where we are going for our honeymoon. They actually have a day that the resort guests go to the school so along with the donation we are encoraging our guests to bring school supplies for them. I have a hang tag on a starfish saying this, which they can take with them.

#2973 Ploman

Ploman
      • 425 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by justine416 

We are doing a donation to a charity that is in Negril. The charity was created for school children by the Rockhouse Resort , where we are going for our honeymoon. They actually have a day that the resort guests go to the school so along with the donation we are encoraging our guests to bring school supplies for them. I have a hang tag on a starfish saying this, which they can take with them.

Great idea!!

#2974 JA2012

JA2012
        • 334 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by jreist 

Does anyone know where to find bags like this in Canada?  I want to put my mugs in this to give out at xmas, rather than paying for real xmas bags at 50 cents a piece:

Check out

www.creativebag.com

www.luv2pak.com

www.noblepack.com

They're all in Canada.

#2975 Ploman

Ploman
          • 425 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Thanks for the Bag suggestions!

I tried making my own flower centerpieces like the ones I posted here: 

I'm not in love with them, but I think i'll keep working on it. haven't found the right vase yet, but I kind of like the idea of just putting it in a cup like in my last picture. plus it would save me from having to carry down vases [although the first vase is plastic and extremely light].

If I do a glass then the centerpieces come to about 25 cents each lol. Do they look that cheap? 

#2976 JA2012

JA2012
            • 334 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by jreist 

Thanks for the Bag suggestions!

I tried making my own flower centerpieces like the ones I posted here: 

I'm not in love with them, but I think i'll keep working on it. haven't found the right vase yet, but I kind of like the idea of just putting it in a cup like in my last picture. plus it would save me from having to carry down vases [although the first vase is plastic and extremely light].

If I do a glass then the centerpieces come to about 25 cents each lol. Do they look that cheap? 

Looks good. I like the first vase the best. You could add sand, beads or crystals into the vase - Btw, Ikea sells sand for $1.77 ea and so does the Buck or Two store if you have that where you are. Another thing you could do is get that pearl like beading (in silver) that goes on xmas trees and sort of drape around the flowers and let it hang down. OR you could get those lighted stick branches and put a couple in each. You could even add another pink flower to it.

#2977 JA2012

JA2012
              • 334 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

Where were those flip flops purchased from that are posted in the gallery??

#2978 Ploman

Ploman
                • 425 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Yea I was thinking of adding sand to the bottom [just from the beach though hehe], and maybe adding a starfish to the flowers or some glitter. Thanks for the suggestions! 

#2979 Ploman

Ploman
                  • 425 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

Where were those flip flops purchased from that are posted in the gallery??

Michaels, but it was right after summer so they were on sale. 

#2980 Peach

Peach
                    • 1,293 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

In terms of the OOT/favour debate, we are being extremely generous (I think, anyway!) with our OOT bags, which we are giving out at the airport (so people can look at them during our overnight stopover/on the plane, and to save on packing real estate), so I think we will be using those just as favours. Each couple (or maybe person...) will get a bag (vistaprint), bubba keg, digital video camera, welcome information packet (which includes activity pages and is going to be placed in those small photo albums from the dollar store, so they can use the albums for pictures after), mini survival kit (SPF lip balm, aloe, conditioner maybe [since I do not think the resort has any in the bathrooms], etc.) and vistaprint items: keychain, pen, hat, notepad.

I really do not think that we will do favours other than that. We are having bubbles at the wedding that guests can keep, and just paper fan programs, also the place cards are personalized shells, which people can keep of course.

We have a small group coming (about 15 we think) so I wanted to be generous. But I am still on a budget!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users