Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2951 Ploman

Ploman
  • Jr. Member
  • 425 posts

    Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

    Has anyone seen these before? 

     

    http://www.partycity...l&navSet=269445

     

    Curious to see if they are lame in real life. I dont have centerpieces and dont want to pay for them at the resort. This could be a very light and cheap substitute.


    Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

    91 guests and counting....


    #2952 justine416

    justine416
    • Newbie
    • 95 posts

      Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

      Originally Posted by futuremrswarner 

      Hi ladies,

       

      I don't know if anyone is looking for any stamps, cardstock, or craft supplies. There's a great store called Bizzy B's by High Park subway station that is having a Black Friday sale for a lot of items. If anyone is in the area, you should check it out. I've been to the store before, and I loved it there.

      Is this store on Bloor St? I need some 110lb stock paper



      #2953 justine416

      justine416
      • Newbie
      • 95 posts

        Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

        Originally Posted by JA2012 

        @Justine416 Awesome Thanks!! I will go this weekend and see what i can find. Thanks!!

         

        @Ashk...congrats and best wishes. I did end up calling a TA so hopefully I will have equally good luck with her.

         

        @Dazeydawl These straws look amazing! Going to order the hot pink stripes or the polka dot ones.  I really don't need them but it's just another cute and inexpensive way to tie in my colours. THANKS!

         

        Fyi..I feel like I'm addicted to this site/wedding websites these days. Am I the only nutbar like that? I am on it when I'm home, pop in and out while at work and now I just saw the phone app which i refuse to download because I'm on planning overload right now. Lol

        Just an FYI creative bags is closed on Sunday, not sure about the others.

         

        My FI just shaked his head and my family thinks I'm just riduclous so you are definately not the only one! But if he has a question about everything I'll tell him I'm going to post it online to get an answer so he likes that!



        #2954 soonCB

        soonCB
        • Jr. Member
        • 264 posts

          Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

          Originally Posted by jreist 

          Has anyone seen these before? 

           

          http://www.partycity...l&navSet=269445

           

          Curious to see if they are lame in real life. I dont have centerpieces and dont want to pay for them at the resort. This could be a very light and cheap substitute.

          I have't seen those in person, but they look like they would be a great simple way to have centerpieces. I know you are having a lot of guests, but for your head table, you could get flower boxes to put your bouquet and your bridesmaids bouquets. That is another quick and simple touch :)



          #2955 futuremrswarner

          futuremrswarner
          • Jr. Member
          • 360 posts

            Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

            Originally Posted by justine416 

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by futuremrswarner 

            Hi ladies,

             

            I don't know if anyone is looking for any stamps, cardstock, or craft supplies. There's a great store called Bizzy B's by High Park subway station that is having a Black Friday sale for a lot of items. If anyone is in the area, you should check it out. I've been to the store before, and I loved it there.

            Is this store on Bloor St? I need some 110lb stock paper

             

            It is on Bloor Street. Here is the website. I'm not sure if they have that for sure, but if it's not far from you.. might as well make a trip and check out whatever they do have there.. http://bizzyb.ca/  I'm going to try and make a trip there this weekend as well. 



            #2956 JA2012

            JA2012
            • Jr. Member
            • 334 posts

              Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

              Originally Posted by jreist 

              Has anyone seen these before? 

               

              http://www.partycity...l&navSet=269445

               

              Curious to see if they are lame in real life. I dont have centerpieces and dont want to pay for them at the resort. This could be a very light and cheap substitute.

              I've never seen them in reality but my guess is that they may look a lil "lame" as you say but only to the ppl who are fixated on real flowers only. Having said that...I think in your photos they will look cute. AND...because it is a destination wedding anything goes and ppl aren't going to be expecting some lavish imports. They are light and can match decor easily. I say go with it and add some candles to jazz it up. Hell, I'm looking at lugging some dollar store vases and fake orchids with me. This would be a much easier solution. 



              #2957 JA2012

              JA2012
              • Jr. Member
              • 334 posts

                Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

                Just another thought...these could be really cute and match well with the straws posted earlier. Depending on your colour theme. Scratch my previous comment. These could be amazing for a DW centrepiece. Who even looks at them anyways. You can even have a game and let guests win them and maybe stuff some other trinkets in the box like JA rum or keychain or something. OK now I'm all over the place but you get my drift.



                #2958 Ploman

                Ploman
                • Jr. Member
                • 425 posts

                  Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

                  Haha I like the idea of hiding stuff in them! I would probably have to put a ribbon or something around the box since its pretty ugly lol but I like the flowers. For $6 maybe I'll just buy one and experiment with it.


                  Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

                  91 guests and counting....


                  #2959 JA2012

                  JA2012
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 334 posts

                    Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

                    The box isn't ugly. It just depends on what your theme is. There has to be a way to work it in and make it all come together. IE: If you have a paper theme - add paper cones with confetti to the sides of chairs for guests to throw as you walk back up the aisle, use the paper straws for coctail hour and have paper lanterns or flower fans hanging from the ceiling. It could work very well.



                    #2960 Ploman

                    Ploman
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 425 posts

                      Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

                      Originally Posted by JA2012 

                      The box isn't ugly. It just depends on what your theme is. There has to be a way to work it in and make it all come together. IE: If you have a paper theme - add paper cones with confetti to the sides of chairs for guests to throw as you walk back up the aisle, use the paper straws for coctail hour and have paper lanterns or flower fans hanging from the ceiling. It could work very well.

                      Wow you're much more creative than I am!

                      I love the theme, but I definitely would have to re-plan and re-buy everything. Where were you a year ago? haha


                      Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

                      91 guests and counting....





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users