Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

We are filling up about 3/4 of the plane to Toronto. Not sure about the plane from TO to Montego Bay, but its probably a much bigger plane.

At first I thought this would be a fun party plane, but I then remember how the bride at the last destination wedding i went to was having a huge anxiety attack at the airport, and I think with this many people it will be worse lol

Originally Posted by jreist View Post

I would NOT worry if you're coming from the GTA. There are a million flights out of there. From Edmonton, all tours companies except one cancelled direct flights to Jamaica. We have to go through Toronto with a 3.5 hour lay over now :-( and a night flight booo!! 

Plus you can get way better deals from Toronto too! 

Yeah we only have one flight a week... and 3 or four "leave from" airports potentially... so we are overnighting it in Toronto. It was a middle -of-the-night flight with a 6 hour stop over. So we were just like, let's get into Toronto earlier, get a hotel room, and start celebrating. That is the plan, anyway. 

Gotta love that stop over!

Originally Posted by missroxy View Post

You girls are starting to make me worry haha... I was planning on getting quoted just in March/April to send my invite in April and get answers by mid-June..... since I've sent my STD in September to give them time to save their money and think about it.... But maybe I'm supposed to do that like... now...

Oh boy.. :)

I think your timeline is fine.  I am planning my wedding for next November, and a travel agent I spoke with recommended that I wait to get quotes too....  Although it's kind of stressful to not have any information to pass on to anyone, I know that she is smart for making me wait.  Coming out of the GTA helps with this a lot!

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe View Post

I think your timeline is fine.  I am planning my wedding for next November, and a travel agent I spoke with recommended that I wait to get quotes too....  Although it's kind of stressful to not have any information to pass on to anyone, I know that she is smart for making me wait.  Coming out of the GTA helps with this a lot!

Yes we are lucky for that, having so many flights per day (here in Montreal too) going there make it easier !

I might still do it in February/March instead of April, to give me more time to plan for OOT bags, favors etc.

:) What's your wedding date ?

Originally Posted by futuremrswarner View Post

I wish my TA told me that. She told me to get quotes soon in case the resort fills up. Now my wedding is for next November and I have my hotel block only till the end of January, which is still pretty far out from the wedding date.

Well begining of November you should be fine... but how many rooms does your resort have ?

In my case, October is still low season so I'm not really worried about the hotel being full. But I wouldn't want to wait 2 weeks before... As soon as I get quotes around 1200$ for my guests I'll take it, because I have been watching the prices for a good 4 months and I know it won't go under that !

I'm pretty sure if you get a new quote after January, they would still block rooms for you. Anyways I would speak with my TA. Althought, it's not a bad thing to get rid of all the booking stuff now I guess....

BTW ladies, I'm so sorry if my english is hard to understand, I have a tendancy to translate word by word from french in my head hihi :) Bare with me !!

Originally Posted by missroxy View Post

Yes we are lucky for that, having so many flights per day (here in Montreal too) going there make it easier !

I might still do it in February/March instead of April, to give me more time to plan for OOT bags, favors etc.

:) What's your wedding date ?

Because I haven't even decided on a resort yet (as I want to give my guests the best chance for a good deal), I don't have a wedding date yet.  Which is even more  difficult, to be honest!  People always ask when the wedding is... We originally planned to do the first week of December, then that got changed to the last week of November, and now that has changed again to the second last week of November.  I want to send out save the dates, but I can't since we haven't chosen a resort.  I have a few resorts picked out, but I am finding it really hard to choose!

Originally Posted by futuremrswarner View Post

I wish my TA told me that. She told me to get quotes soon in case the resort fills up. Now my wedding is for next November and I have my hotel block only till the end of January, which is still pretty far out from the wedding date.

I actually spoke to two travel agents.  The first one also wanted me to book right away.  The quotes she was giving me seemed really high, so I started talking to someone else.  The Grand Bahia Principe is an enormous resort.  I think your guests can stay at the Tulum, Akumal or Coba, all together there's over 2000 rooms.  I would not worry about the resort filling up.  People will likely wait to book, which will be frustrating I am sure!

I was at the GBP this September.  If you have any questions, let me know!