Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2901 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Sometimes its so frustrating when people dont understand how much research and work you've put into picking out the resorts and finding a good deal for them. You're doing all you could to make it easier for everyone but they always have a reason to think they can do better on their own. Sigh I guess that's something we as DW brides have to deal with. I just calm myself by telling myself that everything will be worth it in the end.

#2902 missroxy

missroxy
    • 178 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

You girls are starting to make me worry haha... I was planning on getting quoted just in March/April to send my invite in April and get answers by mid-June..... since I've sent my STD in September to give them time to save their money and think about it.... But maybe I'm supposed to do that like... now...

Oh boy.. :)

#2903 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
      • 360 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

You girls are starting to make me worry haha... I was planning on getting quoted just in March/April to send my invite in April and get answers by mid-June..... since I've sent my STD in September to give them time to save their money and think about it.... But maybe I'm supposed to do that like... now... Oh boy.. :)

No worries. I'm very Type A when it comes to these things so I just need everything done a certain way. I think that's why I got the quote so soon. I know the resort I'm going to is pretty popular for vacations too so I just wanted to make sure the resort doesnt fill up and guests cant get a room. I think it really depends on your guests and your style of planning. I know my friend getting married in Punta Cana in May just got her quote, but all her guests have put down their deposit so it really depends.

#2904 Ploman

Ploman
        • 425 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by missroxy 

You girls are starting to make me worry haha... I was planning on getting quoted just in March/April to send my invite in April and get answers by mid-June..... since I've sent my STD in September to give them time to save their money and think about it.... But maybe I'm supposed to do that like... now...

I think your timeline sounds very reasonable!! 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#2905 missroxy

missroxy
          • 178 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Ok

#2906 JA2012

JA2012
            • 334 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

OMG!! Jreist, you are truly a superwoman!!

Just a suggestion if you don't have any throw away luggage, pack one small and one bigger and that way you can fill the smaller luggage coming home and put it in the bigger one. That's what I"m doing.

Question...does your resort have a screen foryour slideshow or do you have to bring that and projector. That's a cool idea I may just have to steal from you.

I need to make this list my checklist for the future. SO much to do.

#2907 Ploman

Ploman
              • 425 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

JA2012, that's a question I've just sent to the resort, but on BDW I've heard past brides saying that you can rent it from the resort or the DJ has it. 

Attached Files

#2908 JA2012

JA2012
                • 334 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by missroxy 

YOu're worried?? This thread is making ME worried now. HAHAHAH!! I'm not even using a travel agent. Since my wedding isn't at a hotel I'm suggesting where guests should stay and letting them book it on their own. You wana go research and find a better deal???...go right ahead. I don't want the stress of it all. But hopefully they will be able to find a room. :-s

#2909 Ploman

Ploman
                  • 425 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

I would NOT worry if you're coming from the GTA. There are a million flights out of there. From Edmonton, all tours companies except one cancelled direct flights to Jamaica. We have to go through Toronto with a 3.5 hour lay over now :-( and a night flight booo!! 

Plus you can get way better deals from Toronto too! 

#2910 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
                    • 360 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Oh that sucks. With such a large party with you, the layover seems so frsutrating. Are you guys pretty much filling that whole plane up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users