Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2631 Butterfly67

Butterfly67
  • Site Supporter
  • 77 posts

    Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

    Originally Posted by MJKH 

    Hi Norma...we've always just done our own set-up with Photobook Canada...using some of their page templates...creating some of our own...selecting our own backgrounds, etc. If you have the luxury to do so, before attacking your pro wedding book, I would do a simpler one...like from another vacation, or use your pro photos and do an album to give as a gift. We learned a lot from doing and seeing our first book...we made a few mistakes...I wish I had gone thru photobookgirl's blogs before I started. She's got some great tips and ideas.

    GREAT TIP!!!  I think I just might create a smaller album to start (daughter had resort's photographer take photos of her around the grounds and by the ocean, I think she'd love to see those is a book format!!) 

     

    I also viewed the picmonkey link you shared, great info in there as well.  I can see this is not going to be a small project, I better get to work!!!

    Please keep us posted on your wedding album.  You've helped so much...I have to thank you again!!!!

     

    Norma



    #2632 Sjay

    Sjay
    • Jr. Member
    • 205 posts

      Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

      I just came across a Toronto Groupon deal for wedding dress cleaning and preservation so wanted to share:

      http://www.groupon.c...&utm_source=rvs

       

      Have to admit though, I had no idea what wedding dress cleaning would cost and I was shocked when I saw the values listed - are these prices really real? Past brides, what have you paid? If this is truly a good price, I'll definitely buy one!



      #2633 Peach

      Peach
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,293 posts

        Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

        I have used Mixbook a couple times, and am happy with them. I am using Photobook Canada for our engagement pictures/guest book. I like the way it is coming together, only I initially liked Mixbook better. It is not as easily customizable starting from scratch, I found, which I like to do. But it really depends on what you are after... I think it is coming together fine, though there were some initial frustrations. I have seen a couple books printed by them, and I was quite pleased with the quality.



        #2634 Peach

        Peach
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,293 posts

          Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

          I have used Mixbook a couple times, and am happy with them. I am using Photobook Canada for our engagement pictures/guest book. I like the way it is coming together, only I initially liked Mixbook better. It is not as easily customizable starting from scratch, I found, which I like to do. But it really depends on what you are after... I think it is coming together fine, though there were some initial frustrations. I have seen a couple books printed by them, and I was quite pleased with the quality.



          #2635 MJKH

          MJKH
          • Site Supporter
          • 654 posts

            Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

            Here's a Groupon link for customized labels...for wine and water bottles, hanging tags, etc. 

             

            http://www.groupon.c...e6a2e54ea507c94



            #2636 soonCB

            soonCB
            • Jr. Member
            • 264 posts

              Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

              I bought this deal when it was on in Winnipeg. I was VERY impressed with the quality; however, if you are only ordering a small amount it is quite expensive. For 2inch tags/labels it is $1 a piece! And I paid almost $2 for thank you cards (This is the regular price, with the groupon you obvioulsy are only paying half). The deal is not valid on shipping, but if you use it to buy a gift card and then use the giftcard for your order it works for shipping. I was very pleased with the products I ordered. Just thought I would share a little insight though!! Hope it helps someone.

              Originally Posted by MJKH 

              Here's a Groupon link for customized labels...for wine and water bottles, hanging tags, etc. 

               

              http://www.groupon.c...ce6a2e54ea507c9



              #2637 MJKH

              MJKH
              • Site Supporter
              • 654 posts

                Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

                I know...they do have some really nice items on their site...makes me wish I could get married all over again! ; )

                 

                I was thinking maybe of getting our photo thank you cards done by them, but price wise I think I'm better off with Vistaprint. That is a super interesting tip though about shipping...so if you buy the US $80 Groupon for CDN $35...is there an option on their site to purchase a company gift card...or do you call/e-mail them and request that they send a gift card??? I couldn't find a gift card purchase option...I must be missing it!

                Originally Posted by soonCB 

                I bought this deal when it was on in Winnipeg. I was VERY impressed with the quality; however, if you are only ordering a small amount it is quite expensive. For 2inch tags/labels it is $1 a piece! And I paid almost $2 for thank you cards (This is the regular price, with the groupon you obvioulsy are only paying half). The deal is not valid on shipping, but if you use it to buy a gift card and then use the giftcard for your order it works for shipping. I was very pleased with the products I ordered. Just thought I would share a little insight though!! Hope it helps someone.



                #2638 soonCB

                soonCB
                • Jr. Member
                • 264 posts

                  Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

                  The gift card option is under packaging and then click gift certificates. They send you an email giftcard that you can just enter a code. I had bought 2 of this deal when they were in Winnipeg, unfortunately you can't combine deals or gift cards though, so I had to split it up. This meant I ended up ordering less of some things because of the shipine and basically wasted $16 of my voucher value on shipping.

                   

                  We did order picture thank you cards from the website and I am very happy with them. The packaging they send them in is absolutley ADORABLE. Again, it's better if you order more. I only ordered 36 thank you cards because of the shipping and amount thing (I wanted to keep the price within my gc value, but also wanted a few things including cards). If I had ordered even just 12 more, the price would have gone down. I am very pleased with my thank you cards and they send you a proof before it goes to printing. The only thing is because they are based in the states shipping took about 2.5 weeks :(. Nothing but good things to say about the product though. If you have a lot of thank you cards to order, I would definately buy the groupon :)

                  Originally Posted by MJKH 

                  I know...they do have some really nice items on their site...makes me wish I could get married all over again! ; )

                   

                  I was thinking maybe of getting our photo thank you cards done by them, but price wise I think I'm better off with Vistaprint. That is a super interesting tip though about shipping...so if you buy the US $80 Groupon for CDN $35...is there an option on their site to purchase a company gift card...or do you call/e-mail them and request that they send a gift card??? I couldn't find a gift card purchase option...I must be missing it!



                  #2639 MJKH

                  MJKH
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 654 posts

                    Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

                    That's a great tip, thanks! I just ordered one of the Groupons and decided to do our final set of thank you cards with them.

                     

                    Originally Posted by soonCB 

                    The gift card option is under packaging and then click gift certificates. They send you an email giftcard that you can just enter a code. I had bought 2 of this deal when they were in Winnipeg, unfortunately you can't combine deals or gift cards though, so I had to split it up. This meant I ended up ordering less of some things because of the shipine and basically wasted $16 of my voucher value on shipping.

                     

                    We did order picture thank you cards from the website and I am very happy with them. The packaging they send them in is absolutley ADORABLE. Again, it's better if you order more. I only ordered 36 thank you cards because of the shipping and amount thing (I wanted to keep the price within my gc value, but also wanted a few things including cards). If I had ordered even just 12 more, the price would have gone down. I am very pleased with my thank you cards and they send you a proof before it goes to printing. The only thing is because they are based in the states shipping took about 2.5 weeks :(. Nothing but good things to say about the product though. If you have a lot of thank you cards to order, I would definately buy the groupon :)



                    #2640 MrsDesz

                    MrsDesz
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 61 posts

                      Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

                      I just came across a Toronto Groupon deal for wedding dress cleaning and preservation so wanted to share: http://www.groupon.c...&utm_source=rvs Have to admit though, I had no idea what wedding dress cleaning would cost and I was shocked when I saw the values listed - are these prices really real? Past brides, what have you paid? If this is truly a good price, I'll definitely buy one!

                      Thanks for posting the groupon. I've only compared prices with the bridal salon where I bought my dress. The bridal salon could do it themselves for $250 + tax or they could refer me and I could take it in myself and pay $350 + tax. So, I purchased the groupon for cleaning and preservation-$189. I will let you all know how it turns out on my first dress. Has anyone lse used it??? Thanks again!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users