Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2261 crystalwaterwed

crystalwaterwed
  • Banned
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Yay!! Congratulations and have a wonderful time.  Enjoy the weather looks like sunny and high 20's for the week.. perfect!

Victoria

Crystal Water Weddings

Originally Posted by jenjosh2012 

Leaving for the airport in 30min for our Los Cabos wedding April 8!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!! Sooooo excited! Good luck to all you ladies!!!

#2262 kristinalilly

kristinalilly
    • 182 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Love your dress! The back is so pretty!

Originally Posted by jreist 

Oh, well I'm at it, I may as well post the rest of the attire from Edmonton... this is much more fun than studying for my finals!

I got my bridesmaid dresses from the Bay (Southgate) for $97 each. BCBGeneration.

I got the veil and flower addition to the dress at Delica (where I bought the dress). Veil was about $200 and the flower was about $75. There are swarovski crystals in the center of both, and they are Sara Gabriel brand. 

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

#2263 janette34

janette34
      • 417 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Ladies, I need some advice.  I ordered a real touch bouquet from Bloom Bridal with orchids hanging down the side and here are the approval pics.  Please offer any suggestions you may have.

shape.jpg

This was my inspiration pic for shape only, not colors.

Top View.JPG

1st Approval pic, top view, before trailing orchids are added.  Love this!

IMG_2597.jpg

And with the orchids added, really hate the orchids and don't think the color of the trailing orchids match the bouquet very well. 

#2264 tkuzma

tkuzma
        • 418 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by janette34 

Ladies, I need some advice.  I ordered a real touch bouquet from Bloom Bridal with orchids hanging down the side and here are the approval pics.  Please offer any suggestions you may have.

shape.jpg

Top View.JPG

IMG_2597.jpg

And with the orchids added, really hate the orchids and don't think the color of the trailing orchids match the bouquet very well. 

When I saw your top view, I immediately thought, what a gorgeous tropical colour combination! Oh and I love your crystal starfish detail as well :) I agree with you though, that something is off about the trailing orchids; first off I would recommend maybe making the trailing orchids less sparse and maybe in 1 or 2 areas of the bouquet as in your sample picture; also, I think the orchids should be in the colour of either your deep orange (don't know if orchids even exist in that colour) or in the deep fuschia of your other flowers.

Your wedding is so close...you must be so excited...and a little stressed? Good luck :)

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#2265 kristinalilly

kristinalilly
        • 182 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

I kinda like the subdued colour combination. I agree with tkuzma though. It seems like the trailing orchids aren't hanging as nicely as the ones in the inspiration pic. It's like the stems are too stiff or something.

Wow, your wedding is super close! Exciting!

#2266 Ploman

Ploman
          • 425 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

tkuzma-- I've been planning since early March. Things all happened very fast once we got an amazing quote in from one tour company and wanted to secure it. This site gave me pretty much every good idea I've had. And I haven't lived in Lister, but I 'm still at the U of A... going on year 6 hehe. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#2267 MJKH

MJKH
            • Site Supporter
            • 654 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

Hmmmm...I love the top part too but I agree that there is something not quite right with the trailing orchids...perhaps not bright enough...too heavy looking?  But I LOVE the top round with the starfish!!!

shape.jpg

Top View.JPG

IMG_2597.jpg

#2268 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Agreed.

Have you thought about white orchids for the trailing ones? And fewer? Otherwise, I agree with whoever said the darker colour.

They do seem too heavy looking. Beautiful, but doesn't really seem to match the rest of the bouquet.

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Hmmmm...I love the top part too but I agree that there is something not quite right with the trailing orchids...perhaps not bright enough...too heavy looking?  But I LOVE the top round with the starfish!!!

#2269 Mlite83

Mlite83
                • 384 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

I agree with the other ladies, the colour of the dangling orchids seems to be the issue.  The orchids look more purple-pink whereas your bouquet is pink/orange themed...can Bloom Bridal change the orchids out to a different colour that better suits the rest of the bouquet?

I LOVE the look of the bouquet from the top view, especially the starfish!

shape.jpg

Top View.JPG

IMG_2597.jpg

#2270 janette34

janette34
                  • 417 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

White orchids are what I originally requested but the only white orchids they had were too short to trail down properly.  I have sent her an email letting her know that I really don't care for the current orchids so I'm waiting patiently to hear back. 

Originally Posted by Peach 

Agreed.

Have you thought about white orchids for the trailing ones? And fewer? Otherwise, I agree with whoever said the darker colour.

They do seem too heavy looking. Beautiful, but doesn't really seem to match the rest of the bouquet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users