Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2231 Katiem2012

Katiem2012
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Good luck Canadiangirl!! It'll be amazing! I can't believe how the time has flown by! Countdowns are definitely on janette34! :) I leave in 27 days! So excited!!!

#2232 Ploman

Ploman
    • 425 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

In Edmonton I went to 3 Stores:

-Delica Bridal (where I bought my dress)

-Pure Bridal

-The Bridal House.

Everything in the Bridal house looked terrible on me, but it was good prices if you could find a nice one.

Pure bridal had a more modern collection, and a very large collection to look through.

Delica bridal only has a few rows of dresses but they are all stunning. I paid around $1500 for a Jenny Yoo dress (pictured).

I hear Delica is getting a bunch of new lines in this year, but are brand new so had not figured it all out by the time I was shopping. But I would definitely drop by Delica!

I just ordered a lot of stuff for our lootbags for the guests, so ill let you know where I got everything and how much shipping was, if you're planning on ordering anything in. Also ordered Buri fans and chair sashes.. all yet to arrive.

new-jenny-yoo-wedding-dress-aimee-style.jpg

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#2233 tkuzma

tkuzma
      • 418 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by jreist 

-Pure Bridal

-The Bridal House.

Everything in the Bridal house looked terrible on me, but it was good prices if you could find a nice one.

Pure bridal had a more modern collection, and a very large collection to look through.

Delica bridal only has a few rows of dresses but they are all stunning. I paid around $1500 for a Jenny Yoo dress (pictured).

I hear Delica is getting a bunch of new lines in this year, but are brand new so had not figured it all out by the time I was shopping. But I would definitely drop by Delica!

I just ordered a lot of stuff for our lootbags for the guests, so ill let you know where I got everything and how much shipping was, if you're planning on ordering anything in. Also ordered Buri fans and chair sashes.. all yet to arrive.

Love your dress, so pretty & elegant!!! Jenny Yoo makes fabulous dresses :) Thanks so much for the store suggestions!

And I'd love to know where you order your goody bag things from.  Currently I am planning on just giving everyone a customized beach bag (which reminds me to get on with the design process and to look out for VistaPrint deals/coupons), but I still have time to change my mind- my FI gets angry when I talk about all the stuff I want to bring with us; he says the point of a DW is that you don't need all that "stuff." Sheesh, what do boys know? Thank God that my mother, MOH and 1 bridesmaid live in other cities so I can pawn my "stuff" on them before we leave so he'll never know how much we're actually bringing...

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#2234 tkuzma

tkuzma
      • 418 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Also ordered Buri fans and chair sashes.. all yet to arrive.

Had to google Buri fans- and I had an aha! moment; didn't know they had a specific name!

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#2235 beachbum21

beachbum21
      • 438 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

OMG, I hear ya girl!

I'm working on a welcome booklet, haven't started by program fans, and am trying to figure out how i'm going to get everything there! lol!!

We leave in 14 days! Holy $%&!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

I know ive been MIA in a while, just wanted to say hey to all of my girlzzzz....we are leaving in 11 days for our big day, i will make a post after it thank you all of you...you know who u are for helping me along the way..i dont know about the other brides, but i am nore stressed now than i was with the DIY stuff lmao

i luv u all and thank you

#2236 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

I just had to say. this dress is so gorgeous!

-Pure Bridal

-The Bridal House.

new-jenny-yoo-wedding-dress-aimee-style.jpg

#2237 Ploman

Ploman
          • 425 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

Davids Bridal opens in Edmonton April 25 (according to this Edmonton Journal Blog: IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

#2238 Ploman

Ploman
            • 425 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Oh, well I'm at it, I may as well post the rest of the attire from Edmonton... this is much more fun than studying for my finals!

I got my bridesmaid dresses from the Bay (Southgate) for $97 each. BCBGeneration.

I got the veil and flower addition to the dress at Delica (where I bought the dress). Veil was about $200 and the flower was about $75. There are swarovski crystals in the center of both, and they are Sara Gabriel brand. 

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

#2239 Ploman

Ploman
              • 425 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

If you're in Vancouver, I tried on dresses at Blush and they had a million AMAZING dresses, but they were mostly all out of my budget, averaging $4000-5000. If you're in that budget range and going to Vancouver I would definitely check it out. 

#2240 tkuzma

tkuzma
                • 418 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Sending out happy wedding thoughts and wishes to canadiangirl and beachbum21 on your upcoming weddings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users