Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2011 missmely

missmely
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

Yeah be careful, spray sounds like a bad idea all around.

Originally Posted by mizpriya 

Make sure it doesn't come off if you're in the pool as well. My friend did the spray tan before she left for Cuba and then she told me that she took as dip in the pool (only half her body submersed in the water) and when she came out, she was half white and half tan (the portion that wasn't in the water)! Something to do with the chemicals in the pool I'm guessing.

Just for you to think about....

#2012 joda

joda
    • 205 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

Yeah I am sticking with my decision to not do a spray tan after reading these stories! 

#2013 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
      • 159 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

Thanks a million. I got in touch with Luxe Destination Weddings and Now Destination Weddings as well, but I'll check out the link you provided. I found Now at the bridal show in September. 

Originally Posted by mizpriya 

Hey Cateye...check out Romantic Planet. I've been dealing with them and they are  a Canadian company. I'm dealing with Deanna and she seems very nice. I saw them at the National Bridal Show in T.O. and had the chance to speak with them. Very friendly. Let them know I referred you... (Priyanka). I like what they have to offer and they are working on getting me my rates AND they can help my friends and family who are coming from outside Canada. Hope that helps :)

www.romanticplanet.ca

that's the website btw

#2014 missmely

missmely
        • 151 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

ok so I'm not sure what happened in this forum, there was a HUGE  thread on Luxe and that's now deleted. There were tons of horror stories posted about them, one of them from myself. I also know someone personally who booked through them and had a bad experience. All I know is that Tammy the host posted an apology from them at some point and all the bad reviews were deleted.... which is the point of this forumn IMO and now their ads are everywhere.

I forgot about that but I'd like to know why that's gone now.

Thanks a million. I got in touch with Luxe Destination Weddings and Now Destination Weddings as well, but I'll check out the link you provided. I found Now at the bridal show in September. 

#2015 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
          • 159 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

I dropped in on them earlier this week when I was running errands downtown. I didn't care for the reception or the experience, I will leave it at that. I'm not surprised to hear about the thread, or the horror stories. Didn't like the feeling I got the second I walked through the door. 

Originally Posted by missmely 

ok so I'm not sure what happened in this forum, there was a HUGE  thread on Luxe and that's now deleted. There were tons of horror stories posted about them, one of them from myself. I also know someone personally who booked through them and had a bad experience. All I know is that Tammy the host posted an apology from them at some point and all the bad reviews were deleted.... which is the point of this forumn IMO and now their ads are everywhere.

I forgot about that but I'd like to know why that's gone now.

#2016 Butterfly67

Butterfly67
            • Site Supporter
            • 77 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

SPRAY TANS

Hi ladies  :)

My daughter has been working (started in January) at the tanning salon I've gone to for years!!  Just this past weekend she got her first spray tan and it didn't work out as well as expected...lol 

I'm guessing it takes some practice to get the routine down to have a nice even tan but I'm going to stick my standup!!! 

Another thing, a photographer at a bridal show I recently attended, mentioned that spray tans may look orange in photos.  Something else to consider.

Everytime I have gone away somewhere tropical, I have always gotten a nice base to prevent burning ...and its worked for me so far.

Norma

#2017 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
              • Vendor
              • 183 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hi Cateyedcutie,

My name is Jessica and I am the Director of Client Services at LUXE Destination Weddings. I am very surprised to hear that you didn't feel welcomed in our office? I would love to hear your feedback directly as it is important to me! Please feel free to email me directly at jessica@luxedestinationweddings.com

Thank you!

Jessica

#2018 AD2012

AD2012
                • 240 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

For any Edmonton and area brides who haven't found their dress yet. Bridal Debut is having a Maggie Sottero trunk show.

Edmonton Location is Feb 17 10:00am to 8:00pm. and the Sherwood park location February 18th from 10am – 4:30pm and February 19th from 10am - 4:30pm.

Any Maggie Sottero or Sottero & Midgley gowns ordered during this event will receive 10% off!

Attached Files

#2019 bride6262

bride6262
                  • 582 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

I have an email from Vistaprint for lots of free stuff.... if anyone wants me to forward it to them just pm me!!

#2020 Butterfly67

Butterfly67
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 77 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Just wanted to wish our Canadian Brides chat thread founder "torilynnsmith" a very beautiful and memorable day tomorrow as she becomes a Mrs.  

Toasting Afar to Love, Laughter & Happily Ever After!!   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users